If you are craving for a refreshing and fruity plus easy to make summer salad, then look no further. This super-nutritious mixed berry spinach salad is incredibly delicious and satisfying. Not to mention that this salad goodness contains only four ingredients – spinach, blueberries, strawberries, and toasted nuts. It is an excellent choice for picky eaters and children.
3 cups of fresh spinach
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1 cup of fresh strawberries
2 tablespoons of walnuts (or any other nut of choice)
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
A dash of salt and ground black pepper
1 – 2 teaspoons of honey (for sweetness)
For making the dressing:
- Add all the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, use a fork to mix well together, taste, and adjust flavors.
- If you are making a large quantity, then add into a mason jar, cover and give a good shake; use some and store the rest in the fridge.
- Always remember to shake well before use, any and each time.
For the Salad:
- Wash/clean and cut all the vegetables. Most spinach comes washed, so you may not need to wash it. If you have to wash the spinach, use a salad spinner to ensure that all moisture is removed.
- Assemble the salad unto your favorite salad bowl and drizzles some of the lime olive oil dressing. Finish up by topping with nuts. Enjoy; this recipe serves one though two people can share it if using as a side dish.
This salad can serve up to 2 people if you desire for it to be a side dish. If this would be the main dish( like for lunch or dinner), it will serve just one person.
Like I have mentioned multiple times already, you use any other nut of choice.
The same way you can use any other berry of choice, you swap strawberries for raspberries. You can also swap blueberries for blackberries.
- Category: Salad
- Method: cutting
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Berry spinach salad, mixed berry salad, berry salad, summer salad, blueberry spinach salad, berry spinach salad recipe, easy mixed berry salad, fruity salad, baby spinach salad with berries, strawberry salad. Healthy salad with berries and nuts