Super healthy and easy-to-make strawberry blueberry spinach salad, aka berry spinach salad with lime olive oil vinaigrette, is loaded with nutritious antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Amazingly this spinach and berry salad calls for only a few ingredients – spinach, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, and a simple lime olive oil vinaigrette! This strawberry blueberry spinach is low-carb, gluten-free, vegan, and easily customizable.
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of toasted walnuts (or any other nut of choice)
For Toasting walnuts (no need to toast nuts if using already toasted walnuts):
- 1 teaspoon of monk fruit sweetener (or honey or sugar; use your sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- A dash of salt
For the Lime-Olive Oil Salad dressing (Vinaigrette):
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 – 1/4 salt or add to your taste
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tipping teaspoon of no-calorie monk fruit sweetener (for sweetness, substitute with honey or any other sweetener of choice.
- Toast the Walnuts: If you are using toasted walnuts, then skip this step. Place a clean pan on the stove and turn on the heat. Add water and monk fruit sweetener, add honey if using it, and stir to combine. Then add the walnuts and keep stirring until the water dries up and the walnut begins to toast; be careful not to burn them. Place on parchment paper to avoid sticking together, and use when ready!
- Make the Lime Olive Oil Vinaigrette: This simple salad dressing complements strawberry blueberry spinach salad! Add all the ingredients (freshly squeezed lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, monk fruit sweetener, salt, and pepper into a small mason jar and then shake very well to combine. Ensure to taste and adjust flavors! Set aside to drizzle on your salad when ready.
- Assemble your Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad: Wash and pat dry the strawberries and blueberries. Then cut the strawberries as you wish; you can also leave them whole! Gather all the ingredients and add to a salad bowl/plate, starting with spinach and berries. Top with some nuts, and finally, sprinkle the vinaigrette!
This salad can serves 2 people; can serve more if using as a side dish. Add your protein of choice for a more balanced meal.
Buy already toasted walnuts to save time, so, you don’t have to toast it.
Use any other kind of nuts you have on hand.
You can use raspberries, blackberries, or a mixture of whichever berries you have on hand!
Use baby spinach; mature spinach may not be enjoyable in this strawberry blueberry spinach salad.
If you do not have lime, you can use lemon (for the dressing).
I used monk fruit sweetener instead of sugar in the salad dressing and toasting walnuts, and I have also used honey sometimes.
Use the sweetener that works best for your health need and adjust salt to your taste.
Make your strawberry blueberry spinach salad more filling by adding your choice of protein. I added an air-fried chicken thigh, and it became such a filling lunch and made me so happy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: cutting
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: #Salad #Spinachsalad #healthysalad #Strawberrysalad #detoxsalad #vegan #lowcarb, Berry spinach salad, mixed berry salad, berry salad, summer salad, blueberry spinach salad, berry spinach salad recipe, easy mixed berry salad, fruity salad, baby spinach salad with berries, strawberry salad. Healthy salad with berries and nuts