Healthy Blueberry Smoothie Recipe.
I was first attracted to blueberries’ beautiful blue-ish purple color, but aside from those gorgeous skin inside each blueberry is an excellent antioxidant. This healthy blueberry Smoothie recipe is easy to make, nutritious, insanely delicious, and crowd-pleasing! When my kids were starting on baby foods, and I had to start making home-made applesauce for them, I used to add blueberries. And it made the apple-blueberry sauce taste even better and tastier. Now, as they are growing, they have continued to enjoy both fresh and frozen blueberry. Relatively, my husband loves it, so this fruit very much.; blueberries and blackberries are his two favorite berries. Blueberries are heart-healthy foods, also incredible for the brain, and blood sugar. And they are low in calories, no wonder they are regarded as a superfood. Kick start your day with this gorgeous blueberry smoothie! Click To Tweet
Benefits of Blueberry Smoothie.
Today’s blueberry smoothie recipe would consist of blueberries, of course, for obvious reasons, some strawberries, banana, orange juice, and low-fat Greek yogurt. A superfood, blueberries has tons of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins C, E, B6, and K1, as well as Manganese, and copper. The Greek yogurt provides the needed high-quality protein to make this smoothie more balanced awesomeness.
This is indeed a gift from heaven, if you agree save this image or any of the images here on Pinterest under healthy Smoothies. ⤵️
Make this a Vegan Blueberry Smoothie.
Right! Let’s totally do it. If for some reason you do not like yogurt, or you are a vegetarian then do not worry, cause I got you. Or perhaps if you are like my best friend that sometimes do not want strawberries in her blueberry smoothie then this version would be perfect for you. Above all, this version is the best! You heard me right; the best!
All you will need is frozen blueberry, fresh spinach, almond or soymilk, orange juice, and banana. This healthy blueberry smoothie is #goal whether you make it vegetarian or vegan version!
Ok, enough said, grab the recipe below: and don’t forget to tell me all about it when you make them.Print
This Blueberry Smoothie is nutritious, delicious, and good for the body. It is a great way to eat healthy even if you are busy. This quick and easy blueberry smoothie is the immunity booster your body needs; it is also a crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves it!!! I have also included a vegan option if that suits you better. I can’t wait for you to try this recipe.
- 2 cups of frozen blueberry
- 1 cup of frozen strawberry
- I whole medium banana (frozen)
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
For Vegan Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 cup of blueberry (frozen)
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- ½ cup of Soy Milk (I used soy vanilla)
- 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ of a whole banana (frozen)
- Add the entire ingredients into the blender starting with the liquid first; orange juice (this helps for easier blending).
- Blend on high; you may have to pause and continue a couple of times to ensure a seamless transition.
- Your smoothie is ready, when the texture is smooth.
- Serve in a jar or a cup; you cannot go wrong.
- Makes, 4 cups or 2½ jars of 12 oz. jar; serves 2 people.
For Vegan Blueberry Smoothie
- Follow the same instruction as above, and blend.
- Makes one “12 oz.” jar.
- Serves only one person.
This recipe serves two.
Smoothie is better enjoyed immediately after making it.
The calorie calculation for this recipe is only for the vegetarian version; the vegan version will slightly differ.
The preparation time on this recipe is for making both recipes; you will need less time if you will just be making only one of these recipes.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Appetizer or Entree
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Blueberry recipe, Blueberry smoothie recipe, Healthy smoothie, Summer smoothie, Smoothie drink, breakfast Smoothie, Breakfast alternative, Vegan Blueberry Smoothie
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST. If you like this blueberry smoothie recipe, then you should check out some other healthy smoothie recipes:
- Healthy Beet and Strawberry Smoothie Recipe.
- Immune-boosting Citrus Smoothie.
- Avocado Coconut Smoothie Bowl.
- Peach and Strawberry Smoothie Recipe.
- 3-Ingredient Watermelon Lemonade.
- And some healthy breakfast oatmeal recipes, Greek Yogurt Oatmeal Pancakes and Banana Oatmeal Waffles, etc.
If you are looking to start or maintain a healthy lifestyle, I will like to invite you to join my healthy lifestyle online Community, find out more about it here! Do not forget to share this recipe post with people you love.