Yes, Lettuce Wraps are Trendy
But, un-boring lettuce wrap wins my heart anytime any day. And by un-boring, I mean lettuce wraps that are, yummy, nutritious, delicious, and flavorful, just like this recipe that I will share with you today. Listen, unless you live under a rock, you may have heard that bland or boring foods equal healthy, sadly, not where I came from. Click To Tweet
Lettuce wraps are God sent.
Whether you are thinking of eating light, healthier, or perhaps something different from what you are used to, then wraps may be able to satisfy that craving. Similarly, lettuce wraps are excellent food choices when the weather is hot or during summer. In light of the goodness of this dish, I am also grateful because there are tons of ways to put it together. This isn’t the kind of food that had only one method of preparation.
For instance, while today’s recipe is “spicy shrimp lettuce wrap," I also have chicken lettuce wrap, oven-baked mushroom lettuce wrap. Matter of fact you can make your lettuce wrap with your favorite things aka feelings. You are free to swap the shrimp with mushrooms or with beef, pork, or even tofu. That is the ultimate power of cooking; so do not be afraid to try it your way.
This delicious dish is super easy, and simple to prepare as well, also to compliment it is the delightful apple salsa, no question these two are a match made in food heaven.
Serenade Your Day.
With this quick and easy spicy shrimp lettuce wrap, you are sure to have a fantastic day! Overall, this dish is great nourishment for the body, and also very pleasurable to enjoy.
Shrimp is a high-quality protein, low in calories, and full of essential nutrients that the body needs. This may be great for people looking to lose weight. Also, shrimp contains omega 3 fatty acid, and antioxidants.
Alongside shrimp, you will also need lettuce leaves; it was interesting to find out that lettuce leave originated from Egypt. For ages, the Egyptians cultivated lettuce due to its medicinal capabilities. Notably, lettuce is powerful anti-oxidants, it can lower cholesterol, it is a sleep inducer, and it has anti-inflammatory properties. Click To Tweet
At the same time, apples, jalapeno, bell peppers, and onions will be used to make this deliciousness as well.
Well, enough said if you are ready let’s make my quick, and easy spicy shrimp lettuce wrap. Get excited!
Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wrap is just the right food any time any day. It is quick and easy to make, as well as healthy and delicious. Also, you have the power to make it your way!
- 4 – 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup of fresh Shrimp (if frozen please allow to thaw before using.)
- ½ of (whole) lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2-teaspoon olive oil
- A dash of salt
- ½ teaspoon of seasoning powder or 1 Maggi cube
- ½ teaspoon of ground chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of dry rosemary
- 1 cup of thinly chopped apple (about half of big apple)
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¼ chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1-teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- A dash of salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice,
- 1-tablespoon olive oil,
- A dash of black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of honey (to balance it.)
- Mix the shrimp marinade, and add the shrimp to it, and allow marinating for at least 20 – 30 minutes inside the fridge.
- Wash, and chop all the vegetables for the salsa; make the salsa by adding all of them to a bowl. Add lime juice, a dash of ground pepper and salt, a teaspoon of oil and a teaspoon of honey. Toss together and set aside.
- Sautee shrimp in heated oil, ensuring to cook it through (about 5 minutes or less/more, and finish up with fresh green onions. Then remove from stove, and set aside. By the way, in a small bowl or jar mix all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Serve with already washed lettuce leaves, start by layering apple salsa on the leaves, followed by shrimp, and garnish with sliced onions, parsley, and green onions.
- Then sprinkle some of the dressing to infuse more flavors, remember that this step is optional, though I find it necessary. Enjoy.
Though shrimp has cholesterol, which has given it some “bad” name, this isn’t necessarily bad cholesterol; it is still the good one that the body needs. However, for the few individuals that have cholesterol issues, be mindful not to overindulge.
*Marinating time is excluded from the total prep time for this dish.
Do you like lettuce wraps? What your favorite wrap made up of? Please feel free to share below in the comment.
I want to extend to you a special invitation to join me inside my private Facebook community. We are friends that treat each like family. I provide free tools, resources, and recipes that are so irresistible. I can't wait to see you there!
Also, I have excellent light and lovely recipes you will enjoy. I got you!
Pease share this post on your social media, and with family and friends.