Berry Spinach Salad with Lime Olive Oil Dressing
Super healthy and easy-to-make strawberry blueberry spinach salad, aka berry spinach salad with lime olive oil vinaigrette is loaded with nutritious antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Amazingly this spinach and berry salad calls for only a few ingredients – spinach, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, and a simple lime olive oil vinaigrette! This strawberry blueberry spinach is low-carb, gluten-free, vegan, and easily customizable.
Essentially, you can always substitute the ingredients in this spinach salad. You can use raspberry instead of strawberries and blackberries for blueberries, respectively. This salad would make a beautiful spring or summer and Memorial Day/Independence Day salad. Simple top it with feta. Hmm, YUM!Making strawberry blueberry spinach salad is like a walk in the park. The best thing is that this berry salad is perfect for picky eaters. And did I mention that this salad is fruity, flavorful, and immune-boosting? Gather these 4… Click To Tweet
Is Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad Good for Detox?
Yes, strawberry blueberry spinach salad is an excellent healthy salad recipe for detox. It is immune-boosting and loaded with beneficial antioxidants! Spinach is anti-inflammatory and contains a good source of zeaxanthin. Strawberries are rich in antioxidants, heart-healthy, and can help control blood sugar! Blueberries, on the other hand, are loaded with heart health properties and can help manage blood pressure and diabetes. Some researches show that blueberries promote cancer prevention.
Listen, this easy peasy strawberry blueberry spinach salad will quickly become your favorite detox salad because not only is it easy to make, it requires a few ingredients, it is very tasty and perfectly healthy!
EASY + Healthy Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad
Strawberry blueberry spinach salad is hands down one of the easiest, tastiest, healthiest salad recipes you will ever make! With a crunchy texture taste (from the walnuts) and fresh, fruity flavors combinations from the berries and spinach, this strawberry blueberry spinach salad makes the perfect recipe for the spring, summer, or holidays because there is no cooking involved! Your prep time is less than 5 minutes (when not toasting the walnuts); quickly wash the strawberries and blueberries. Then cut the strawberries in half, and mix the dressing. Making this salad takes about 10 – 15 minutes.
When you taste this salad, you will feel the burst of blueberries and strawberries and understand why I make this salad literally every single week! The berries compliment the baby spinach (so well), and my simple lime vinaigrette brings all the flavors together! YUM.
This is the heart-healthy salad recipe you need for Valentine’s Day, throughout the heart-health month (February, hello), and whenever you need it!
Though a vegan salad recipe, you can add sautéed tofu or Your choice of protein to make this a complete meal. I like serving this as a side during the holidays alongside lamb chops, turkey breast, chicken thighs, or my succulent braised short ribs or leg of lamb.
Lime Olive Oil Vinaigrette
Can we take a moment to rave about this healthy yet super simple lime olive oil vinaigrette? This vinaigrette is crisp, bursting with citrusy flavors, and a great complement to the strawberry blueberry spinach salad!
To make this simple lime olive and oil salad dressing, you need fresh lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little sweetness (which is optional). And to add sweetness, I added monk fruit sweetener. On the other hand, you can use sugar or honey. For personal reasons and to keep this keto-friendly, I kept this dressing sugar-free. This way, you can also use it for detox or enjoy it even if you are on a sugar-free diet. The best thing about this dressing is that you can equally use it for any other salad!
Why you Will Love This Spinach Berry Salad Recipe
- It is easy to make!
- Strawberry blueberry spinach requires only a few ingredients.
- Spinach berry salad is perfect for spring, summer, Memorial Day, Independence Day, holidays, potlucks, and parties. This is your best no-cook salad recipe!
- Strawberry blueberry spinach salad is a fantastic detox salad!
- A heart-healthy salad everyone will enjoy! Make and serve this through February (heart-health month) and throughout the year.
- The salad dressing is sugar-free!
- Easily customizable; swap strawberries with raspberries and blueberries with blackberries. Likewise, you can use another nut if there are no walnuts.
Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad Ingredients:
In addition to this salad being easy to make, it also uses minimal ingredients that your body needs, but as always, please tailor this salad to suit your health need. Also, do the same when it comes to salad dressing!
Raise your hands if you like strawberries (my two hands are up, lol)! Everyone loves and enjoys strawberries; this beautiful fruit is an excellent addition to this spinach salad. Not only are strawberries pretty and tasty, but they are also loaded with vitamin C! Strawberries contain good amounts of folate, potassium, and manganese. Strawberries can improve heart health and are lovely for managing blood sugar.
These blue-black colored fruits are very nutritious and delicious; they have a high amount of calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, etc. All of which are fantastic for bone health, eye health, and heart health. Also, blueberries get credits for maintaining high blood pressure and blood sugar, fighting cancer, and immune boosting. Check out my got-to blueberry smoothies!
Superfood spinach is a healing leafy vegetable that is good for you and should be on your dinner table. Spinach contains nutrient-dense antioxidants, can reduce oxidative stress, and help manage high blood pressure, alongside other benefits. Did I mention that spinach is also a fantastic addition to healthy smoothies? Check out my very thick spinach avocado smoothie!
Walnuts are one of the healthiest nuts. They are loaded with polyunsaturated fatty acids, which is better than other nuts containing saturated fats! Equally, walnuts have anti-inflammatory properties and can positively affect blood lipids. I prefer toasted walnuts on this strawberry blueberry spinach salad. You can always get toasted nuts from the grocery store, but I love toasting my walnuts with water, monk fruit sweetener, and a dash of salt!
How to Make Healthy Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad (Step by Step):
This is one of the easiest, tastiest spinach salads to make, and I guarantee you will make this over and over again! If you are skeptical of spinach salad, this one will change your mind!
- Toast the Walnuts:
If you are using toasted walnuts or don’t wish to toast your walnuts, skip this step.
Place a clean pan on the stove and turn on the heat. Add water and monk fruit sweetener, add honey if using it, and stir to combine. Then add the walnuts and keep stirring until the water dries up and the walnut begins to toast; be careful not to burn them. Place on parchment paper to avoid sticking together, and use when ready!
- Make the Lime Olive Oil Vinaigrette
This simple salad dressing complements strawberry blueberry spinach salad! Add all the ingredients (freshly squeezed lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, monk fruit sweetener, salt, and pepper into a small mason jar and then shake very well to combine. Ensure to taste and adjust flavors! Set aside to drizzle on your salad when ready.
- Assemble your Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad
Wash and pat dry the strawberries and blueberries. Then cut the strawberries as you wish; you can also leave them whole! Gather all the ingredients and start adding to a big salad bowl/plate, starting with spinach and berries. Top with some nuts, and finally, sprinkle the vinaigrette!
- Buy already toasted walnuts to save time.
- Use any other kind of nuts you have on hand.
- You can use raspberries, blackberries, or a mixture of whichever berries you have on hand!
- Use baby spinach; mature spinach may not be enjoyable in this strawberry blueberry spinach salad.
- If you do not have lime, you can use lemon (for the dressing).
- I used monk fruit sweetener instead of sugar in the both salad dressing and the toasting the walnuts, and I have also used honey sometimes. Use the sweetener that works best for your health need. And, always sweeten the vinaigrette to your taste and adjust salt to taste!
- Make your strawberry blueberry spinach salad more dilling by adding your choice of protein. I added an air-fried chicken thigh, and it became such a filling lunch and made me so happy!
Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad FAQs
Spinach goes well with berries, and that’s why this strawberry blueberry spinach salad is a hit!!! When it comes to spices, mint, Rosemary, cilantro, thyme, and basil are all great berries. Feta cheese also goes well with berries. Check out my watermelon feta blueberry salad.
Yes, eating strawberries and blueberries every day is good for you. Strawberries and blueberries are heart-healthy fruits and contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, fiber, and folic acid. These fruits manage blood sugar, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. Significantly strawberries and blueberries add an amazing taste to this spinach salad!
Spinach is a superfood! Spinach contains nutrient-dense antioxidants, can reduce oxidative stress, help manage high blood pressure, and promote eye health, amongst other things. Arguably, spinach is the perfect green for this healthy strawberry blueberry spinach salad!
Strawberries and blueberries provide several nutritional benefits to the body. They are anti-inflammatory. Strawberries and spinach contain lutein, beta-carotene, and zeaxanthin, which promote eye health!
Yes, spinach leaves are great for salads. Baby spinach leaves are perfect for salads because they are mild, soft, and tasty, even as raw. However, I suggest cooking mature spinach leaves.
Healthy Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad with Lime Vinaigrette:Print
Easy Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad Recipe
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegan
Super healthy and easy-to-make strawberry blueberry spinach salad, aka berry spinach salad with lime olive oil vinaigrette, is loaded with nutritious antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Amazingly this spinach and berry salad calls for only a few ingredients – spinach, strawberries, blueberries, walnuts, and a simple lime olive oil vinaigrette! This strawberry blueberry spinach is low-carb, gluten-free, vegan, and easily customizable.
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of toasted walnuts (or any other nut of choice)
For Toasting walnuts (no need to toast nuts if using already toasted walnuts):
- 1 teaspoon of monk fruit sweetener (or honey or sugar; use your sweetener of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- A dash of salt
For the Lime-Olive Oil Salad dressing (Vinaigrette):
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/8 – 1/4 salt or add to your taste
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tipping teaspoon of no-calorie monk fruit sweetener (for sweetness, substitute with honey or any other sweetener of choice.
- Toast the Walnuts: If you are using toasted walnuts, then skip this step. Place a clean pan on the stove and turn on the heat. Add water and monk fruit sweetener, add honey if using it, and stir to combine. Then add the walnuts and keep stirring until the water dries up and the walnut begins to toast; be careful not to burn them. Place on parchment paper to avoid sticking together, and use when ready!
- Make the Lime Olive Oil Vinaigrette: This simple salad dressing complements strawberry blueberry spinach salad! Add all the ingredients (freshly squeezed lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, monk fruit sweetener, salt, and pepper into a small mason jar and then shake very well to combine. Ensure to taste and adjust flavors! Set aside to drizzle on your salad when ready.
- Assemble your Strawberry Blueberry Spinach Salad: Wash and pat dry the strawberries and blueberries. Then cut the strawberries as you wish; you can also leave them whole! Gather all the ingredients and add to a salad bowl/plate, starting with spinach and berries. Top with some nuts, and finally, sprinkle the vinaigrette!
This salad can serves 2 people; can serve more if using as a side dish. Add your protein of choice for a more balanced meal.
Buy already toasted walnuts to save time, so, you don’t have to toast it.
Use any other kind of nuts you have on hand.
You can use raspberries, blackberries, or a mixture of whichever berries you have on hand!
Use baby spinach; mature spinach may not be enjoyable in this strawberry blueberry spinach salad.
If you do not have lime, you can use lemon (for the dressing).
I used monk fruit sweetener instead of sugar in the salad dressing and toasting walnuts, and I have also used honey sometimes.
Use the sweetener that works best for your health need and adjust salt to your taste.
Make your strawberry blueberry spinach salad more filling by adding your choice of protein. I added an air-fried chicken thigh, and it became such a filling lunch and made me so happy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: cutting
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: #Salad #Spinachsalad #healthysalad #Strawberrysalad #detoxsalad #vegan #lowcarb, Berry spinach salad, mixed berry salad, berry salad, summer salad, blueberry spinach salad, berry spinach salad recipe, easy mixed berry salad, fruity salad, baby spinach salad with berries, strawberry salad. Healthy salad with berries and nuts
SHARE THIS POST: First of all, I want to thank you for stopping by and checking out this recipe. I will love you to share this recipe with family, friends, and social media! Also, please comment below and tell me what you like most about this recipe, and do not forget to RATE it!
WANT MORE SALADS?
- Beet Feta Salad with Salmon; A super simple raw beet salad with feta is loaded with lettuce, cucumber, avocado, and salmon; serve with creamy yogurt dressing
- Easiest and Yummiest 4 – Ingredients Spring Mix Salad; made with only 4 ingredients and yet very nutritious and healthy!
- Healthy Shredded Beet Salad is low carb, vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, easy to make, and nutritious! (And in my opinion, the Best Way to enjoy fresh raw beetroot.
- Red Cabbage Taco salad; red cabbage is excellent anti-inflammatory food and works so well as a wrap. This recipe is a must-try!
- Spicy shrimp lettuce recipe!
- The Best Deconstructed Taco Salad Bowl Salad. I am convinced that this deconstructed taco bowl recipe will rock your world.
While you are still here, grab my FREE (5) spinach salad recipe bundle. It would be a great addition to your dinner table (if you like salads) or you are looking to incorporate more veggies. Get the recipes here.
Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. If you like video recipes, then be sure to head over to my YouTube Channel. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! Stay well, safe and keep cooking!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILI ATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
This recipe looks so yummy! Love love the colors at play here and oh my yum! Your fruit pics are so pretty 😍😍
Thanks so much for your kindest words, it will make my day! Glad you like this super easy salad, my kids love it! I appreciate you stopping by!