Red Cabbage Wrap with Chicken.
If you know my family and me, you know we have a high affinity for wraps and tacos, I mean they are tasty, easy to make, kid-friendly, what not to love? These days, I enjoy taco on salad leaves, I mean taco fillings can literally go on anything. The other day I made one of the yummiest tacos yet with lettuce leaves, and today here we go with this classic red cabbage “taco,” simply put red cabbage wrap and it is just another healthier way to enjoy what we already love. And the part is that I served this cabbage leaf wrap with the Nigerian Chicken Suya! The hope and spiciness of the Suya meat compliments this dish.
First of all, I am obsessed with the beautifulness of the color of the red cabbage. What else can I say? It's fresh, crisp, and attractive. Click To TweetOK, healthy foodie, lover, don’t get me started, but this color draws you in… this color got me getting tons of cabbage and am on a mission to get you to fall in love with this deliciousness as I have.
Secondly, the red cabbage has powerful nutrients than their green counterparts.
- In other words, while the green cabbage is nutritious, the red one is more nutritious.
- Also, red cabbage is excellent anti-inflammatory food.
- It may help keep the heart healthier, as well as stabilizes blood pressure.
Red Cabbage Wrap Vs Red Cabbage Taco
Haha, I actually go with either, sometimes I call this recipe red cabbage wrap with chicken and other times I just call it red cabbage taco. Whether you chose to call this recipe cabbage wrap or cabbage taco, it is all the same. Most importantly this recipe is a vegetable taco served with chicken breast. So, also appropriate to call it red cabbage chicken wrap.😂😂😂
Well, hope you are not confused, and I can’t wait for you to make this recipe.
Building your Red Cabbage Wrap is easy.
First, wash and clean the cabbage, (always wash vegetables before use) Then gently separate the leaves, these are called “wraps.” Second, make sure to dry the leaves/wraps with a paper towel. Finally, fill in your cabbage leaves with your desired vegetables and protein. You see? Easy peasy to make cabbage wraps. You can add whatever you want; this helps you to know what works better next time. With this red cabbage taco, you have the freedom to create. Yippee!
How to Serve Red Cabbage Wrap
I love serving this with Nigerian Suya, which I love to make with some chicken breast. Though chicken is my choice of protein you use tofu or fish. Then I would add red onions, some lettuce leaves for a touch of greens, avocado, jalapeño, and some feta cheese. The truth is that you choose what you want to add to your red cabbage taco, period.
Red Cabbage wrap slash Taco here, we come.Print
Red cabbage wrap aka red cabbage taco is a great alternative to regular taco wraps. Serve this healthy red cabbage chicken wrap is easy and delicious! Make it vegan. By not adding the chicken and cheese. It is an incredible way to enjoy the rich taco flavors without the added calories. The color brings you in, but the taste keeps you enjoying it forever.
The best part is that this vegetable wrap served with the yummiest Nigerian Chicken Suya!
- 4 red cabbage leaves (or more; I would usually use two cabbage leaves for one taco wrap. And 4 leaves serve one person)
- 4 (already made) chicken breast suya skewers (you can sub with tofu or even chickpea)
- 2 leaves of lettuce (cut)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped or cut)
- ½ cup of sliced red onions
- ½ avocado
- A dash of salt and black pepper
- 1 whole Roma tomato
- 1 Jalapeno (optional)
- 1 Lime
- 2 tablespoon of light sour cream (optional)
- 1-tablespoon feta cheese (optional)
- Remove some of the outer parts of the red cabbage, which I would refer to as the skin. Then gently pull out some leaves according to how many servings you wish to make. Wash thoroughly in water and use some paper towel to dry, then set aside and prepare the filling.
- Follow my instructions to make Nigerian Chicken Suya.
- Cut all the vegetables; lettuce leaves, tomatoes, red onions, green onions; check to see if you need to trim the red cabbage leaves as well.
- To build the red cabbage taco, lay two leaves on a flat plate, then start by adding the green lettuce leaves, followed by every other thing. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Finish up with a dollop of light sour cream, Jalapeno, green onions, and feta cheese. And before you dig in, feel free to sprinkle a dash of salt and black pepper for an even escalation of all the flavors. Enjoy your yummy and delicious red cabbage taco!
Some of the cabbage leaves may seem too wide, it is ok to use kitchen scissors and trim them up.
This recipe serves just one person, multiple as you wish.
You can substitute Chicken with Tofu, or fish.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Taco, Healthy Taco, Vegetable Taco, Purple Cabbage recipe, Healthy salad, Nigerian Suya Taco, Taco Leaves, Cabbage wrap, Red Cabbage chicken wrap, red cabbage wrap recipe, low calorie wrap
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST. Annnnnd, when do you plan to make this recipe? If you like this recipe, then I am sure you will love:
And also, my FREE salad bundle may just be right for you. 🙂
If your friends and family are like mine, then I know they would appreciate you sharing this recipe with them. Thanks in advance for sharing this post!