Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe.
Healthy and delicious Cauliflower fried rice is an easy, low-carb, and keto-friendly version of the famous fried rice recipe! Grab a fresh cauliflower head and shred it using your hand-held shredder or processor. Alternatively, you can buy shredded cauliflower and make this recipe! All you will need for this healthy cauliflower fried rice recipe is shredded cauliflower and vegetables! This healthy dish comes together in less than 20 minutes! And you can serve it with any main dish of choice! Additionally, this cauliflower fried rice recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, and vegan!
First of all, I love cauliflower very very much! And even though I adore this vegetable, I still expressed great doubts when I was repeatedly asked to make cauliflower fried rice. I will be lying if I tell you otherwise. The truth is that I grew up eating fried rice; I mean real fried rice made with real rice. I wasn’t sure how cauliflower “fried rice” was going to be, I have seen plenty mushy cauliflower fried rice, and I didn’t want to be part of that. However, this cauliflower fried rice changed my perspective! Annnnnd, this was good!
why you will love this Egg & Soy-free Cauliflower Fried Rice.
Well, if you have ever hesitated about cauliflower rice, you are not alone; I did initially; however, I am now a believer. Cauliflower rice is amazing for several reasons. And here are some of them. I’d like to present reasons to love my tasty and healthy cauliflower fried rice recipe..
- It is easy to make! This recipe takes way less time than my authentic fried rice recipe!
- A healthier alternative to rice (need I say more?)
- It has fewer calories than rice and tastes as delicious as regular fried rice!
- This recipe is versatile and pairs well with any main dish!
- Nutritious; packed with healthy vitamins and minerals from the veggies!
- A great recipe for a beginner cook!
- Perfect for Meal Prepping! This recipe is a fantastic low-carb dish that is excellent for meal prep! I typically double batch it at the start of the week and then serve it with chicken or salmon throughout the week as lunch or dinner!
the Origin of Cauliflower.
The word “Cauliflower” has Italian origin, and originally derived from “cavolfiore,” which means “cabbage flower” in English translation. While the name is said to originate from Latin. The vegetable itself originated from the northern Mediterranean. Wait; what?
Cauliflower belongs to the same family as broccoli, brussels sprouts, kale, collard greens, and cabbage. Equally important to note is that there are about four colors of cauliflower namely; white, green, lime/light green, purple, and orange cauliflowers.
the Ingredients you will need:
- Fresh Cauliflower (shredded) or riced cauliflower
- Mixed Vegetables
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Onions (reduce if you wish, but I love onions)
- Green/Spring onions
- Green bell pepper
- Vegetable Bouillon
- Black pepper or any pepper of choice
- Dry thyme (optional)
watch how to make this recipe:
how to cook cauliflower fried rice (step-by-step):
To make this recipe, you will need to shred your fresh cauliflower or use a food processor to shred it. On the other hand, you can buy riced cauliflower from the grocery store.
- Gather Your Ingredients.
Gather the Ingredients: shredded or riced cauliflower, mixed vegetables, chopped fresh green bell peppers, onions, green/spring onions, salt and pepper.
- Season The Shredded Cauliflower (Optional Step).
Place the shredded cauliflower or riced cauliflower into a bowl and season it with a dash of salt and vegetable bouillon. This enhances the taste of bland cauliflower before you start cooking. You can skip this step!
- Make Your Rice
Place a clean pan on the stove and set the heat to medium. Add olive oil, sprinkle in a dash of salt as the oil heats up. Then add small onions; allow the onions to soften, and add the green pepper. Allow the green pepper to cook and then add some of the mixed veggies. Sprinkle some seasoning vegetable bouillon powder, curry powder, thyme, and black pepper. Keep sautéing for the infusion of flavors. Then, introduce the cauliflower. With the cauliflower in, keep stirring until fully cooked, and gently throw in some green onions at the end. Finally, taste and adjust flavors.
Repeat the process to cook the rest of the cauliflower rice.
The Best Rice EVER?
For the fact that this dish comprises of only vegetables, and vegetables alone, you can absolutely have it for breakfast. No sugar, no carb, no meat, no guilt. Just joy. And yes, best rice recipe ever!
Without further ado let’s make this delight! Also, do not forget to check out my cauliflower Mac and Cheese as well!
Make this recipe following this Recipe Card:Print
Healthy and delicious Cauliflower fried rice is an easy, low-carb, and keto-friendly version of the famous fried rice recipe! This dish comes together in less than 20 minutes! And you can serve it with any main dish of your choice! And did I mention that this cauliflower fried rice recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, and vegan? Hope you give it a try!
- ½ head of cauliflower (shredded)
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables
- 1 cup of yellow onions (reduce if you wish, but I love onions)
- 1/3 cup green onions
- ½ cup of green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable seasoning powder bouillon (divide into two; add one piece to shredded cauliflower and the other part to sautéing)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (split into two; add one part to shredded cauliflower and the other part to sautéing)
- ¼ black pepper or any pepper of choice
- 1 tablespoon of extra olive oil
- Season The Shredded Cauliflower. Place the shredded cauliflower or riced cauliflower into a bowl and season it with a dash of salt and Knorr boullion or Maggi. This enhances the taste of bland cauliflower before you start cooking.
- Make Your Cauliflower Fried Rice. Place a clean pan on the stove and set the heat to medium. Add olive oil, about one-two teaspoon(s); sprinkle in a dash of salt as the oil heats up. Then add small onions; allow the onions to soften (about 1 minute), and add the green pepper. Allow the green pepper to cook for 1 – 2 minutes, and then add some of the mixed veggies. Sprinkle some seasoning vegetable boullion powder, curry powder, and black pepper. Keep sautéing for two additional minutes for the infusion of flavors. Then, introduce the cauliflower. With the cauliflower in, keep stirring until fully cooked, and gently throw in some green onions at the end. Finally, taste and adjust flavors.
- Repeat. Repeat the process to cook the rest of the cauliflower rice. Make sure check out the video of this recipe.
Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
The vegetables may seem too much for half head of cauliflower, please feel free to reduce/adjust as you need. The goal of this recipe is to show you my process of cooking cauliflower fried rice without eggs and soy-sauce!
I hope you got something out of this recipe and then make yours as you wish.
I used Vegetable Bouillon powder, but, you can skip it.
Please not that you will not need up 20 minutes if you are making food worth of one person. And if you are using frozen or already shredded cauliflower (riced cauliflower) then time reduces even more!
Make this dish bit by bit; do not cook everything at the same time. It might become mushy.
Add any other spice you would like to add.
I like my veggies to be a little crunchy, so I rarely cook them long. Do not add water to this cauliflower rice recipe!
Keywords: Cauliflower, Fried rice, Cauliflower rice, Vegetable, rice, vegan, plant based
more Low-Carb Lunch/dinners to Try:
Want Fresh Dinner Ideas?
Check out my healthy 7-day Free Dinner Plan!
7-Day Dinner Plan
7-Day Dinner Plan
Ready for dinner meals your entire family will enjoy? I’ve got you covered! Sign up to get 7 easy, dinner recipes to make this week! Download and plan your next dinner right now!
Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. If you like video recipes, then be sure to head over to my YouTube Channel. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! Stay well, safe and keep living your life to the fullest!