What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is a type of vinegar made with fermented apples. It differs from white vinegar, red wine vinegar, and other types of vinegar because of its remarkable benefits. It also helps you make tasty salad dressings and marinades. Amazingly ACV has several health benefits and uses!
Do you have apple cider vinegar aka, ACV in your pantry? If not, go grab some now because I’m going to show you just how it can benefit you in all areas of your life. It’s truly mind-blowing!
5 Top Science-Backed Health Benefits of ACV!
- Apple cider vinegar may help your glucose and insulin levels after eating carbs.
- It may help you feel fuller for longer, thus lowering calorie intake.
- ACV may lead to reduced body weight and body fat.
- It could benefit cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- With its anti-microbial powers, apple cider vinegar can be useful in many ways.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar Made Up of?
ACV is made up of crushed, fermented apples, sugar, and yeast. And how does apple cider vinegar taste? It’s very pungent, like sour apple candies with a strong lean of vinegar. Additionally, the smell is very strong and recognizably sour. If you struggle with drinking sour drinks, I highly suggest adding a teaspoon of monk fruit sweetener to your ACV drink to reduce the sourness before drinking. Some people add honey, maple syrup, or other sweetener of choice.
What Is ‘The Mother’ in Apple Cider Vinegar?
Not all ACV is made equal. The Mother is the distinction, which is a thick layer composed of the acetic acid bacteria on the surface. It is what makes this vinegar so healthy and nutritious.
What Is the Best Type of ACV to Buy?
The best type of ACV to buy is one that includes The Mother. I typically buy Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. You don’t want to buy a brand that filters it out because it contains the good bacteria for your gut microbiome. You’ll know The Mother is there if you see a cloudy appearance in the bottle. And make sure to shake it before each use.
Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help You Lose Weight?
Apple cider vinegar has several health benefits, and if you pair it with other proven weight loss strategies, you can get your weight and belly fat under control. There was a study that shows how ACV helped a group to lose weight in a clinical trial, however this study wasn’t conclusive. Check out The Juice Approach if you want loose weight and keep it off naturally.
How Do You Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
When it comes to using ACV for weight loss, consistency is key. Ensure you consistently include apple cider in your diet as a drink, in salad dressings, and when cooking. To lose weight with ACV, I personally prefer making apple cider drinks. On the other hand, It would be highly unreasonable to add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to your 16oz warm water one morning and then expect to lose all your excess weight.
Having said all this, I like combining ACV with other herbs. This Apple cider turmeric ginger drink is one of my favorites, especially during the cold season. It is nutritious, can aid weight loss, and scares the heck out of the cold/flu.
25 Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Now, let me give you a rundown of how to use this versatile vinegar. It is excellent for cooking, health, beauty, home and more!
- Use ACV to lower your blood sugar.
- Feel full – start your day off like me with 2 tablespoons of ACV (with the mother) to 16 oz warm water. Then, I stir and quickly sip using a straw. It has a strong sour taste, so sometimes I add half a teaspoon of monk fruit sweetener.
- Make pickles and preserve other foods
- Deodorize your home
- Make salad dressing (see my recipes for tasty ideas!)
- Use as an all-purpose cleaner by mixing with water
- Help your sore throat
- Make a facial toner (mix with water first)
- Revive your cuticles (I resuscitate mine by soaking my fingertips in ACV)
- Trap those pesky fruit flies
- Get better results when you poach or boil eggs
- Millions of marinades (I’ve got you covered with my recipes)
- Help wash pesticides off fruits and veggies
- Create a bath soak in the tub
- Rinse your hair with it to remove buildup and add shine
- Treat your dandruff
- Add it to a sauce for a tangy flavor
- Use it to fix up bland soups
- Safe and effective weed killer
- Dilute it to make an antibacterial mouthwash
- Clean your toothbrush
- Clear away blemishes (dilute it first or you’ll irritate your skin)
- Natural deodorant
- Use it to clean your dishes and kill bacteria
- Prevent fleas on pets – mix up 1 part ACV and 1 part water to keep your pup from bringing fleas into the home.
ACV is healthy and beneficial, but you should ensure you’re using it properly. Too much of any good thing can be bad, so use it in moderation.
You feel great, or at least I do. It can help you detoxify first thing in the morning and really sets the tone for the day. Make sure you’re properly diluting it, though, and add a little monkfruit sweeter to tame the taste. Nver drink it by itself.
ACV helps slow the way your stomach empties, which lets your body control how it absorbs food and keeps blood sugar levels stable. However, if you have certain conditions, this may cause stomach upset. Make sure you discuss ACV with your doctor first!
This one is hard for me because I always want to keep my mouth feeling fresh, but I set a timer after I drink my morning ACV. Brushing right after can make it easier for tooth enamel erosion. Make sure you wait about 30 minutes to brush.
In other words, are there risks to using apple cider vinegar? Yes, like anything, there are some risks. Some people have feelings of nausea afterwards. Adding some monkfruit sweetener helps! Care for your teeth, as it can erode your enamel. ACV may interact with certain prescription drugs, and ideally, you ask your doctor if you can safely take it. Learn more about ACV risks before using.
MORE WELLNESS POSTS:
- Ease Arthritis Pain with These 10 Foods!
- 10 Ways To Reduce Anxiety Attacks Naturally.
- 21 Foods to Eat to Reduce High Blood Pressure.
- 11 Foods to Promote Breast Health!
- Diabetes Mellitus: Symptoms, Cause & Food to Eat!
- Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits & 25 Uses
- 15 Foods to Eat to Lower LDL “Bad” Cholesterol
- 5 Reasons You Will Never Lose Weight With CICO.
- 55 Heart-Healthy Vegetables to Help Improve Your Heart Health
5-Day Detox Challenge
5-Day Detox Challenge
Ditch the weight loss craze and get intentional about getting healthier. This almighty healthy lifestyle kick starter will automatically nip unhealthy eating habits in the bud! Are you ready?
Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. If you like video recipes, then be sure to head over to my YouTube Channel. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️
I have a lot of Free Resources that can help you get started on your healthy lifestyle journey, check them out here! Wanna learn more about maintaining a healthy lifestyle? Check out this wellness toolkit.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! Stay well, safe and keep living your life to the fullest!