Healthy Mango Bell Pepper Stir-Fry Recipe.
I am so excited to share this nutritious and delicious mango bell pepper stir-fry recipe with you. This was a recipe I didn’t know I needed until last month, ha-ha. Small back story; I love mango, and we go way back, lol. Mango was a very common snack growing up, and though I eat it a lot, and use a ton in my salsa (yet to share), I find myself wanting a warm mango recipe. Also, I mainly wanted a few ingredients; this way, you can easily make it on busy weekdays even with minimal ingredients. [bctt tweet=”This mango bell pepper stir-fry with salmon cooks in 30 minutes or less. A tasty mango dish that hit every spot – healthy, easy, juicy, sweet, savory, colorful, flavorful, and insanely delicious! A sure winner on the dinner table! This dish is a must-try!” username=”NkechiAjaeroh”]
Mango Bell Pepper Stir-Fry Ingredients:
Aside from the marinade for this stir fry, which is very necessary, and I highly recommend, all you need is only 3 main ingredients – fresh mango, purple onions, and green bell pepper. To point out, ripe mango is sweet, so for the marinade, I needed something a little hot/spicy that complements the mango’s sweetness. Kissed by Binchotan, a spicy Japanese Chile Blend by Spice Tribe was just right! Fortunately, this same marinade is equally perfect for the salmon as well. In other words, you get two for one with this marinade. YIPPEE!!!
The best Fresh Mango Recipe? YES!
[bctt tweet=”I love using fresh ripe mango to make this dish; it brings in the right sweetness, softness, and juiciness that makes this stir fry perfect. Personally, I cannot have it any other way!” username=”NkechiAjaeroh”]
Quick, Healthy, and Easy Lunch/Dinner
= Mango Bell Pepper Stir-Fry!
Today’s Vegetarian mango stir fry recipe will make everyone in your household to be proud of you! This recipe cooks in no time; whether you choose to broil or sauté the salmon, you won’t be waiting for a long time! Look no further for healthy lunches and dinner because this mango bell pepper stir-fry with salmon is the answer!Print
This entire healthy vegetarian mango bell pepper stir fry with salmon cooks in 30 minutes or less. A tasty mango dish that hit every spot – healthy, easy, juicy, sweet, savory, colorful, flavorful, and insanely delicious! A sure winner on the dinner table!
This dish is a must-try! Also, this easy peasy lunch/dinner mango stir fry with salmon will leave your guests impressed! This is a perfect summer (and winter) recipe; to be honest, it serves both worlds! This warm mango recipe is incredibly comforting, and satisfying, surely the best mango stir-fry recipe!
1 ripe mango
1 salmon cutlet
1 cup of sliced green bell pepper
1 cup of sliced purple or red onions
1 tablespoon of olive oil (divide between salmon and mango stir-fry)
¼ teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon dry rosemary
¼ seasoning powder
A dash of salt and pepper.
For making the marinade:
2 garlic cloves (grated)
2 teaspoons – 1 tablespoon of ginger (grated)
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of seasoning powder
¼ teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of freshly quizzed lemon juice
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Wash and slice the vegetables; bell peppers, and onions. Core the mango and remove the pit, gently peel and then slice the two meaty sides. Grate the onions, ginger, and squeeze the lemon juice.
To Make the Marinade:
Add all the marinade ingredients into a jar vigorously shake to mix. Set aside.
For the Salmon:
- If using frozen, allow salmon to thaw. Wash and clean up as required, dry with a paper towel, and lay on the tray. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper; scoop a teaspoon of the marinade on to the salmon, and while wearing gloves, use it to marinate every part of the fish.
- To Pan-fry: Place clean pan on the stove, add olive oil, and allow to heat up, then gently drop the salmon.
- Cook about 5 minutes on each side, and until cooked through (when internal temperature reads 145), remove and place on a plate. Repeat this process for all the salmon if cooking more than one. Keep an eye on the salmon because it can quickly burn, cook on medium heat.
- To Broil: place marinated salmon on a foil-wrapped baking sheet, sprinkle one teaspoon of olive oil on the fish, and then place on a already preheated oven set to “broil.” Keep eyes on this and cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until fully cooked (when internal temperature reads 145)
For the Mango Stir-fry:
- Place clean pan on the stove, add olive oil, and allow to heat up, then add a sprinkle of salt, and the onions, sauté until soft, and translucent.
- Then add the green bell peppers, while it cooks, add the curry, rosemary, seasoning powder, stir very well, and taste. Cook until the bell peppers soften a bit, a little crunch is excellent with the peppers.
- Gently add the sliced mango, followed by 1 tablespoon scoop of the marinade, keep stirring to ensure the marinade mixes well with the mango slices, bell peppers, and onions. Taste for flavors, and adjust; you can add a little more marinade if you desire. As soon as the mango properly heats up, you are done about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Do not overcook this dish; ripe mangos soften very fast under heat. To serve, lay salmon on a plate, and dump this entire gorgeous heartwarming and comforting stir-fry! Best enjoyed warm.
There are two ways I usually cook the salmon for this recipe; #1 pan-fry on the stovetop or #2 broil in the oven, both works just fine.
Look at my process photo to see how I prefer to slice the veggies for this recipe; you can also choose to cut them any other way.
Having made this dish severally, the curry powder and rosemary are optional, but they add a bit of warm, summery, and comforting flavor.
Do not cook more than 6 minutes after adding the mango, as soon as the mango slices properly heat up; this dish is ready.
Add a little more olive oil if the recommended quantity seems too small.
For the leftover marinade, you can add a dash on the stir fry while serving; cover, and store in the fridge to use for later.
This marinade can comfortably cook up to 2 – 3 salmon plus stir-fry; a little goes a long way!
I am so excited to partner with Spice Tribe to create this healthy, fun, and comforting recipe! If you don’t already know, my friends at Spice Tribe have the best spices. You can also find this recipe over at Spice Tribe as well as Kissed by Binchotan.
Keywords: Mango recipe, Healthy stir-fry recipe, Mango stir-fry, Stir-fry mango, mango bell pepper stir fry with salmon, vegetable mango stir-fry with salmon, mango salmon stir fry, mango stir fry with bell peppers, vegetarian mango stir fry, spicy mango stir fry, spicy mango stir-fry with salmon, easy mango stir-fry, healthy mango stir-fry, mango stir-fry with bell peppers and salmon, sweet and spicy mango stir fry, quick and easy mango stir fry recipe, Low carb stir fry recipe, stir-fry dinner, bell pepper stir fry, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Stir-fry
SHARE THIS POST, then go ahead and check out other related recipes, such as:
- Pan-seared Salmon with vegetables.
- Salmon and Green Sauce.
- Chicken and Carrot Stir fry.
- Healthy Red Cabbage Taco Salad.
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wrap.
- Easy Spring Mix Salad.
- Deconstructed Taco Bowl.
- Berry Spinach Salad.
Finally, let’s stay connected on social, am on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, let’s stay connected everywhere. Remember to share this recipe post with people you love and please SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST. ⤵️
All the best,