This entire healthy vegetarian mango bell pepper stir fry with salmon cooks in 30 minutes or less. A tasty mango dish that hit every spot – healthy, easy, juicy, sweet, savory, colorful, flavorful, and insanely delicious! A sure winner on the dinner table!
This dish is a must-try! Also, this easy peasy lunch/dinner mango stir fry with salmon will leave your guests impressed! This is a perfect summer (and winter) recipe; to be honest, it serves both worlds! This warm mango recipe is incredibly comforting, and satisfying, surely the best mango stir-fry recipe!
1 ripe mango
1 salmon cutlet
1 cup of sliced green bell pepper
1 cup of sliced purple or red onions
1 tablespoon of olive oil (divide between salmon and mango stir-fry)
¼ teaspoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon dry rosemary
¼ seasoning powder
A dash of salt and pepper.
For making the marinade:
2 garlic cloves (grated)
2 teaspoons – 1 tablespoon of ginger (grated)
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of seasoning powder
¼ teaspoon of black pepper
1 tablespoon of freshly quizzed lemon juice
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Wash and slice the vegetables; bell peppers, and onions. Core the mango and remove the pit, gently peel and then slice the two meaty sides. Grate the onions, ginger, and squeeze the lemon juice.
To Make the Marinade:
Add all the marinade ingredients into a jar vigorously shake to mix. Set aside.
For the Salmon:
- If using frozen, allow salmon to thaw. Wash and clean up as required, dry with a paper towel, and lay on the tray. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper; scoop a teaspoon of the marinade on to the salmon, and while wearing gloves, use it to marinate every part of the fish.
- To Pan-fry: Place clean pan on the stove, add olive oil, and allow to heat up, then gently drop the salmon.
- Cook about 5 minutes on each side, and until cooked through (when internal temperature reads 145), remove and place on a plate. Repeat this process for all the salmon if cooking more than one. Keep an eye on the salmon because it can quickly burn, cook on medium heat.
- To Broil: place marinated salmon on a foil-wrapped baking sheet, sprinkle one teaspoon of olive oil on the fish, and then place on a already preheated oven set to “broil.” Keep eyes on this and cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until fully cooked (when internal temperature reads 145)
For the Mango Stir-fry:
- Place clean pan on the stove, add olive oil, and allow to heat up, then add a sprinkle of salt, and the onions, sauté until soft, and translucent.
- Then add the green bell peppers, while it cooks, add the curry, rosemary, seasoning powder, stir very well, and taste. Cook until the bell peppers soften a bit, a little crunch is excellent with the peppers.
- Gently add the sliced mango, followed by 1 tablespoon scoop of the marinade, keep stirring to ensure the marinade mixes well with the mango slices, bell peppers, and onions. Taste for flavors, and adjust; you can add a little more marinade if you desire. As soon as the mango properly heats up, you are done about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Do not overcook this dish; ripe mangos soften very fast under heat. To serve, lay salmon on a plate, and dump this entire gorgeous heartwarming and comforting stir-fry! Best enjoyed warm.
There are two ways I usually cook the salmon for this recipe; #1 pan-fry on the stovetop or #2 broil in the oven, both works just fine.
Look at my process photo to see how I prefer to slice the veggies for this recipe; you can also choose to cut them any other way.
Having made this dish severally, the curry powder and rosemary are optional, but they add a bit of warm, summery, and comforting flavor.
Do not cook more than 6 minutes after adding the mango, as soon as the mango slices properly heat up; this dish is ready.
Add a little more olive oil if the recommended quantity seems too small.
For the leftover marinade, you can add a dash on the stir fry while serving; cover, and store in the fridge to use for later.
This marinade can comfortably cook up to 2 – 3 salmon plus stir-fry; a little goes a long way!
I am so excited to partner with Spice Tribe to create this healthy, fun, and comforting recipe! If you don’t already know, my friends at Spice Tribe have the best spices. You can also find this recipe over at Spice Tribe as well as Kissed by Binchotan.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mango recipe, Healthy stir-fry recipe, Mango stir-fry, Stir-fry mango, mango bell pepper stir fry with salmon, vegetable mango stir-fry with salmon, mango salmon stir fry, mango stir fry with bell peppers, vegetarian mango stir fry, spicy mango stir fry, spicy mango stir-fry with salmon, easy mango stir-fry, healthy mango stir-fry, mango stir-fry with bell peppers and salmon, sweet and spicy mango stir fry, quick and easy mango stir fry recipe, Low carb stir fry recipe, stir-fry dinner, bell pepper stir fry, Vegetarian, Vegetarian Stir-fry