Whether you are looking for a healthy snack, dessert, or just breakfast bake, or better still breakfast cookies be sure to count on this healthy vegan almond oat cacao cookie. It will not disappoint. And remember, healthy eating should never be boring. These cookies are low carb, refined Sugar-free, gluten-free, Paleo-friendly and vegan, These are insanely delicious and satisfying! Did I mention that they easy to make and the best banana – oat – peanut butter cookie combo!
- 2 overripe bananas
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
- ¼ cup of nut butter (today I used peanut butter)
- A dash of Salt (or 1/8 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons of raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add the banana, cacao powder, stevia, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, pulse until almost smooth. Then add the nut butter, and coconut oil pulse a couple of times. Add the almond flour, pulse to mix, then add the oats, salt, and baking soda pulse to combine with the rest of the ingredients. If you are using sliced almonds, and raisins add them at this time; pulse a couple of times to combine. You may need to use spatula to adjust dough as you mix/pulse.
- Use a tablespoon measure to scoop dough, flatten a bit with your hand and place on the already lined baking sheet. This is sticky dough; you may need to moisten your hands a bit for easy “molding.” Repeat until this step until all the dough is molded and placed on cookie sheet. This recipe makes about 18 – 20 cookies.
- Place on a 325 preheated oven; and bake for 17 – 21 minutes. Allow to cool, enjoy with a glass of milk or chilled orange juice or just by itself.
Though I used peanut butter for this recipe, any nut butter would work. I have used both peanut butter and almond butter. I rarely know the difference.
You can sub coconut sugar with 2 teaspoons or stevia or less.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Vegan cookies, breakfast cookies, oatmeal cookies, almond cookies, banana peanut butter cookies, breakfast bake, healthy breakfast cookies, healthy vegan cookies, cacao cookies