Healthy Granola Bites.
Here’s the fact: my snacks and I are like sisters. I am not kidding. This is because I have to really REALLY love my snack. It has to be something I enjoy eating, and seeing around, if not so, am not going to snack on it, NOPE! And am sure I am not alone. This easy to make healthy granola bites recipe is a snack that will make you happy, because it actually great for you!
I value my snack just because I know that good snacks can save life, I hope this post helps you to discover a great health-improving snack! It may feel like am obsessed with these energy bites, but why wouldn’t I?
- Firstly, they are super quick and easy to make.
- Secondly, they are healthy and nutritious.
- Thirdly they are kids friendly.
Oatmeal Nutty Bites.
Everyone loves to eat. Well, I hope am speaking for everyone but I do love to enjoy good food. In reality, we eat up to three different snacks in a day or more! Yes, we do. Growing up in Nigeria, we would easily snack on groundnut (peanut), palm kernel nuts, pear, avocado, pawpaw, oranges, guava, etc. Those were the foods (things) that grow in the compound. However, there was a slight change in my snacking when I started secondary school and had to live in the dormitory in the school. How can I forget my mother sending me back to school with some cabin biscuit, indomie noodles, and some other snacks that can stand the test of time aka packaged snacks!
Healthy Vegan Energy Oatmeal Balls.
These days, I would instead make some of the snacks that I enjoy eating, (not all of them), and am happy that brood enjoy them as well. It is fulfilling and rewarding to make your food your way. All it takes are planning (obviously), and some time to prepare it. Click To Tweet
Healthy Granola Bites are Reachable.
By all means, this healthy and nutty granola bites are the kind of food that does the body good. The base is oats and oats flour (the same as ground oats) versus using regular white flour. Then followed by all your favorite nuts and dried fruits. Such as sunflower seeds, almonds, dates, dried cranberries, coconut flakes, and ground flaxseed. Also includes a small amount of coconut oil, pure maple syrup, and real cacao powder. Finally, in other to combine all the ingredients very well, some tablespoons of water maybe necessary, this is optional.
Pack up these granola bites and save for later.
And now if you are ready to let’s make the most deliciously yummy healthy and nutty granola bites.Print
Healthy and Nutty Granola Bites
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
These healthy and nutty granolar bites are just out of this world delicious. Easy and quick to make; add your favorite nuts and dried fruits and say hello to YUM!
¾ cup of old-fashioned oats
1 cup of oats flour (or ground old fashioned oats; make yours by grinding some oats)
2 tablespoons of sliced almonds or any other nuts (chopped into tiny pieces)
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
4 dates (soak in water to soften)
2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
3 tablespoons of original pure maple syrup
1 tablespoons of cacao powder
3 tablespoons coconut flakes
2 tablespoons dry cranberries
2 tablespoons of raisins
¼ – ½ salt of salt (always add salt according your taste)
2 – 3 tablespoons of water (if necessary)
- Soak dates overnight, if possible, to soften very well, or just for a couple of hours in hot water. Then gently pit, and rinse them. Chop the dates in small pieces (it should feel mushy and sticky).
- Preheat over to 250 degrees (baking is optional).
- Gently combine all the ingredients with your hands (ensuring that you have a glove on). Or roughly combine everything in a food processor aside from the oats.
- Then add the entire mixture to a bowl; make sure that everything mixes well. Add or sprinkle some water to equally ensure that the dough fully combines if necessary.
- Taste dough, and adjust salt if needed. Baking these nutty bites are optional, but I love baking them up softly, I think they are yummier that way.)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper, and while wearing your gloves, use a 2-teaspoon (or 1 tablespoon) measuring spoon to scoop and mold/roll the dough and place on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the entire dough is rolled and placed on the baking sheet. Bake at 250 for 7 – 10 minutes for that perfect soft bake. YUM!!!!
- Allow to completely cool and then pack away in zip lock bags or airtight containers. I like to place them in the fridge after they have completely cooled. Enjoy, and thank me later.
Do not over bake these goodies; this process is optional.
You can use any nut of choice; it doesn’t have to be almonds.
If you do not have oat flour, you can grind some regular oats to make some.
You can also outrightly make this with quick oats, just go ahead and use 1¾ cups of that.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/snacks
- Method: Food processor/Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy granola bites, Energy Bites, Granola balls, Oat bites, Granola bites recipe, homemade oatmeal snack, healthy no-bake granola bites
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST – please share this post with your friends, family, and everyone on and off social media land! Give me a 5-star review of this nutty bites – this really helps my blog out, and I appreciate your support from my heart.
Also, thank you so much for spending time with me today and reading today’s post. This recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make; I am sure you will enjoy it whenever you can make it! Am curious to know what your healthy homemade snack is? Please feel free to share with me and others in the comment below.
If you love this healthy snack bites, then am sure with will enjoy my other favorites:
- Zucchini and Cashew nut Bites.
- Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Bread.
- Classic and healthy cornbread,
- Coconut milk oatmeal,
- Nigerian Meat pie.
As well as my savory recipes such as Chicken and carrot stir-fry, and Spring Mix Salad.
So, I started a healthy (online) Lifestyle community; this community is a safe place for starting and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. If you are currently eating healthier or planning to do, as long as you desire to get a result, I will love to invite you to join us. Cook Yourself Healthy, aka CYH, helps you to learn how to cook, not just 1 but up to 50 healthy meals. This way, you stay on top of your healthy living goal and make your food your medicine.
Are you on Instagram? Yippee! It took me forever to get on there, but here we go, let’s connect. Am also on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter! Please SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST. ⤵️
Thanks so much for sharing this. It’s on my list to make in next few days. I love granola so this is probably going to be a mainstay snack!!
YAY! I’m glad you like this recipe, Cindy. It is so easy; I make it almost every week!