Healthy Shredded Beet Salad.
Healthy Shredded Beet Salad is low carb, vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, easy to make, and nutritious! (And in my opinion, the Best Way to enjoy fresh raw beetroot, well, unless if you make my beet donut!)🤷🏾♀️ This very nutritious and insanely delicious beet salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, or as a healthy vegetable side dish. This salad is heart-healthy, and did I mention that it is kid-friendly too! Relatively the best dressing for this beet salad is my one and only easy citrus salad dressing – heart-healthy light vinaigrette that makes every salad plate better!
The first time I made this salad (well, not really the first) But, the first time I can remember I made it for my family was as a part of of our Christmas menu! Seriously, these shredded beets, apples, and carrots salad was B O M B! This salad is a must-have Christmas (or any) holiday salad. It is beautiful, colorful, and festive; plus over-the-top tasty, and super-duper easy to make! This whole dish is a winner.Say no to bland beet recipes, and learn how to make this yummy vegan beet salad like a pro. This 15-minute shredded beet salad recipe with Citrus Dressing is refreshingly delicious. Made with raw beets, apples, and carrots. Click To Tweet
Ingredients for Raw Beet Salad
The ingredients for this shredded beet salad are beets, granny smith apples or any other sour apple, and finally carrots. You will also need some fresh citrus to make citrus dressing as well.
Benefits of Beets (or Shredded Beet Salad)
- Beets are heart-healthy and incredible with blood pressure; they can help keep blood pressure in check.
- Inflammation Fighter: excellent inflammation fighter,
- Brain Health: beets can support brain health; how awesome is that?
- Digestive health; if you find it hard to go, make beetroot your new friend!
- Preventative: beets are linked with preventing specific cancer!
- Weight loss: beets can equally aid in weight loss.
The number of things this vegetable can do is simply endless, and I highly encourage you to get on the beet’s bandwagon. And if not exactly sure how to start, my shredded beets will show you how. This is the easiest way to eat beets, in my opinion.
Tips for making the Best Shredded Beet Salad
- Use only fresh vegetables. I rarely doubt if frozen vegetables would give the same result.
- Dress this salad with a light vinaigrette such as my citrus salad dressing. If you use a creamy salad dressing for this salad, it will overpower the salad.
- Use a box shredder to shred the vegetables instead of a food processor. Please refrain from shredding the beets, apples, and carrots in a food processor.
Easy Variations of Beet Salad
- Citrus beets salad: add orange, grapefruit, or mandolin slices.
- Add protein: Though this shredded beet salad is vegan, you can serve it with any choice of protein for a more wholesome and filling goodness. Chicken, salmon, tofu will instantly elevate this dish!
- Fill up with Grains or Legumes; this salad is so good with quinoa on the side! It makes it more filling too!
Healthy Shredded Beet Salad is low carb, vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, easy to make, and nutritious! (And in my opinion, the Best Way to enjoy fresh Beetroot! This very nutritious and insanely delicious shredded beet salad is perfect for lunch, dinner, or a healthy vegetable side dish.
- 3 medium sized beetroot
- 2 apples
- 4 – 5 medium/small carrots
- For the dressing: Use my easy citrus salad dressing recipe! Super easy, and just phenomenal.
- Wash and peel all the vegetables (beets, carrots, and apple). Use the 2nd biggest hole on a box grater to grate all the vegetables.
- Place in a big bowl as you grate/shred.
- In a small bowl, make the citrus salad dressing using this instructions. Taste and adjust flavors.
- Pour the citrus salad dressing mixture on to the salad and gently toss with a tong and this easy salad is ready to be served. Eat immediately or cover and put back in the fridge for about 1 – 2 hours to allow the flavors to intensify. Enjoy!
Use my easy citrus salad dressing recipe. Hands down the best dressing for this raw beet salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Salad
- Method: Shred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Healthy shredded beet salad, Improve your Heart with this Vegetable, Raw beet salad, Beetroot salad, How to make beet salad, Citrus beets salad, Summer beet salad, Fresh beet salad recipe, Fresh beetroot salad, Colorful salad, heart-health month, low carb, vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, heart-healthy, healthy vegetable side dishBeets salad, vegetable salad, Vegan salad, Shredded vegetable salad, fruity salad, apple salad, carrots salad, Healthy beets salad, Raw beet salad, Beetroot salad, How to make beet salad, Citrus beets salad, Sliced beets salad, Summer beet salad, Fresh beet salad recipe, Simple beet salad , Fresh beetroot salad, Refreshing beets salad, Colorful beet salad
SHARE THIS POST, then go ahead and check out these other healthy salads;
- 4-Ingredient Spring Mix Salad.
- Berry Spinach Salad Recipe.
- Deconstructed Taco Bowl.
- Red Cabbage Taco Salad.
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wrap.
- Sweet Potato Avocado Bites.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
As well as healthy breakfast recipes such as
Finally, let’s connect on social media; I am on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter; let’s stay connected everywhere.
Can’t wait to see you again, remember to share this recipe, and please SHARE THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST. ⤵️