Bet on Beets.
But, seriously, these shredded beets salad is a must-have Christmas (or any) holiday salad. This goodness is beautiful, bright, and festive. And did I mention that it over-the-top tasty, and super-duper easy to make? This whole dish is a win-win situation.First of all, beets are very nutritious; they can help you keep your blood pressure in check, amazing inflammation fighter, can support brain health, digestive health, and so much more! Click To Tweet Beets can equally aid in weight loss, this vegetable is simply awesome, and I highly encourage you to get on the beet’s bandwagon. Not exactly sure how to start? My shredded beets will show you how. This is the easiest way to eat beets, in my opinion.😊👌🏾
Fabulous foods for the festive season.
Christmas was just a few days ago, and boy, oh, boy, my dear beautiful beets made it to the Christmas lunch/dinner table! Usually, during festivities like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc., the smaller the number of dishes, the better. I love keeping it simple, max 4 – 5 items on the menu. This past Christmas, we kept it at only three items plus the dessert.
These kids love love Christmas, and shredded beets salad!
I want to take a moment to thank the kids for being awesome; they grow up so fast! Sidebar: what a blessing to be your mommy!💕
Now, if you are ready, let’s make the healthiest and yummiest shredded beets salad. Here goes the simplest ingredients in the universe.😊
These shredded beets salad is one of the best beets' recipes EVER! It is flavorful, it is fabulous, and it is festive.
- 3 medium sized beetroot
- 2 apples
- 4 – 5 medium/small carrots
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- ½ of whole orange (squeezed)
- ½ of whole lemon (squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Wash and peel all the vegetables (beets, carrots, and apple). Use the 2nd biggest hole on a box grater to grate all the vegetables. Place in a big bowl as you grate.
- In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper, then gently pour in the olive oil while still stirring. Mix well and taste to ensure flavor. Pour this mixture on to the salad and gently mix it into the salad; it is ready to be served. You could eat immediately or cover and put back in the fridge for about 1 – 2 hours to allow the flavors to intensify. Enjoy!
If all you have is orange juice and lemon juice, then you may start by adding a tablespoon of each, and perhaps add a little bit more as you taste and adjust.
First of all, let me know what you think of this easiest and yummiest salad. Secondly, please make it tomorrow!!! This is easy to make.
If you like this recipe, then I know you will enjoy the recipes in my light and lovely category.
If your friends and family are like mine, then I know they would appreciate you sharing this recipe with them. Thanks in advance for sharing this post! 😊