Air Fryer Sliced Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Every single day, I become more and more in love with my air fryer; it’s literally saving my life. From my air fryer chicken thighs, air fryer broccoli, air fryer chicken fajitas, air fryer beef bites and sweet potatoes, etc. (be sure to check out all my air fryer recipes here). These buttery air fryer sweet potato slices are the latest; so easy, so worth a try! Listen, sliced sweet potatoes cooked in air fryer may just become your favorite air fryer potato side dish because why not?
Crispy, buttery, and tender sweet potato slices in air fryer are easy to make, less time-consuming, and absolutely warrants (almost) no clean-up afterwards! Air-fried sweet potato slices are fantastic for any main dish, snack, or simply add to salad bowls, lunches/dinners, or casserole. This recipe is also known as sweet potato rounds.
Sweet Potato Slices in Air Fryer
Simply slice the sweet potato in equal rounds, season, and air fry for 15 minutes at 350 degrees, turning in between cooking. Then you are left with this finger-licking good buttery air fryer sweet potato slices that are crisp on the edges and fluffy on the inside.
Isn’t it so amazing that you can put raw sweet potatoes in an air fryer, and it makes the tastiest sweet potato side EVER! Am not kidding; this was just too good. Try not to eat it all up before serving! The funny thing is that I have been making this recipe on the stovetop forever and was stunned at how easier it is in air fryer! . (Check my deconstructed taco bowl with sweet potatoes slices)!Crispy, buttery, and tender sweet potato slices in air fryer are easy to make, come through very quickly, and are absolutely satisfyingly addictive! Click To Tweet
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Are Sweet Potato Slices the same as Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips?
No, air fryer sweet potato slices (aka, sweet potato rounds) are not the same as air fryer sweet potato chips. The slices are bigger than chips. Equally, they are better off as side dishes in bowls or salads, while chips make a great snack! If you wish to make these into sweet potato chips, I suggest using a mandolin (or a potato slicer) and slicing them thinner. And then air fry them to get the crisp you deserve!
What is the serving size of sweet potato slices?
To be honest, the servings of these sweet potato slices will differ depending on whether you are serving adults or children. Okay, let me explain; this recipe can serve up to 4 children as a side dish or two adults equally as a side dish.
On the other hand, this recipe makes a perfect snack for two people. In conclusion, you may be tempted to eat this entire sweet potato slices alone, don’t! Enjoy it with someone, share!
Why You Will Love This Air Fryer Sweet Potato Rounds:
If you are a sweet potato lover (like me), you are in for a treat because these sliced air fried sweet potatoes are heaven. They are buttery, crisp, tender, and satisfyingly addictive. There are many reasons why I love sweet potato slices cooked in air fryer; here are some of them:
- Easy to make (before, I used to make them on the stovetop, not anymore)!
- Air fryer sweet potato slices cook quicker in the air fryer.
- Sweet potatoes are naturally gluten-free, and this recipe is consequently gluten-free!
- BEST ever sweet potato side that will go with any main dish. Serve this alongside a bowl, salad, roasted lamb, short ribs, etc.
- Crowd–pleaser; make air fryer sweet potato slices for your next potluck and win hearts. Currently, in my family, everyone loves this recipe.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Slices:
- Sweet potato
- (Salted) Butter; melted
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Dry thyme
- Salt and black pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Sweet Potato Slices (Step by Step):
Step one: Wash and peel the sweet potato. You can certainly use your potato without peeling; just ensure the potato(es) are clean.
Step two: slice sweet potato. Easily slice the peeled sweet potato in equal rounds or close in other to cook evenly.
Step three: season sweet potato slices. I used butter, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to season. First, melt and sprinkle the melted butter, then the spices. Then use a silicone spatula or hand to mix well. The seasoning ingredients created a little crust – yum! On the other hand, you can keep it simple and do just salt and pepper.
Step four: air fry sweet potato slices. Set the air fryer to 350 and set the time to 15 minutes. Lay the seasoned sweet potato slices in the air fryer basket, cook in the air fryer for the specified time, turning halfway. If not perfectly cooked, you can obviously add additional minute or two to finish cooking or perhaps crisp up more.
- You do not have to peel sweet potatoes.
- I used salted butter; if you are using unsalted butter, you may need to increase the quantity of salt in this recipe.
- The exact length of time to air fry sweet potato slices typically depends on how thick or thin the slices are. Do fret over it if they aren’t ready in 15 minutes, keep eyes on them and add additional minutes until they crisp to your preferred doneness.
- You can easily make sweet potato slices into sweet potato chips by slicing them thinner with a mandolin or a potato slicer.
- This recipe is best enjoyed as soon as they are made or on the same day.
- Use the herbs and spices you like to season these potato slices. However, I suggest you do not skip the oil. You can substitute butter with olive oil. If you are on oil-free diet then obviously skip it!
- Finally, I love my air fryer!
How to Serve
Serve air fryer sweet potatoes as sides, snacks, or add to bowls! I have used this recipe to ramp up my salads (take a look at the plate below and my deconstructed taco bowl. We ate it alongside chicken thighs and broccoli! This recipe is versatile; it makes for a holiday side dish. Double the recipe depending on how many people you are serving. This recipe will be great with main dishes such as leg of lamb, shorts ribs, turkey breast, or chicken thighs.
How To Store Leftover
Suppose you happen to have some leftover of this recipe (we never have leftovers). Allow to completely cool, and pack into a clean container. Cover and store in the fridge for up to three days. I do not recommend freezing the leftover of this recipe.
On the other, I will like to say that this recipe is best enjoyed after making or on the same day. Reheating might make these slices too tender and mushy.
Helpful Tips for Air Frying Sliced Sweet Potatoes:
- Ensure to slice the sweet potatoes into equal slices to cook evenly.
- Cook them to crisp up as you desire; 350 degrees and 15 minutes were just perfect for achieving this doneness for me.
- Use any color of sweet potato; purple or white will looks fab as well.
- Toss sliced sweet potatoes in oil before adding the seasoning. I used melted butter; nevertheless, you can use olive oil or any oil of choice. This way, the potato slices attract the seasonings. This eventually builds a flavorful, tasty buttery crust that makes these tastes good!
Frequently Asked Questions
I usually eyeball them; take a look at the photo below. Typically, I slice sweet potatoes for the sweet potato slice recipe into about ½ inch a round. Equally, remember to wash and peel the sweet potato before slicing.
No, you do not have to boil the sweet potatoes before slicing.
No, you don’t have to soak sweet potatoes in water before air frying. Sweet potatoes do not contain as much starch as regular potatoes, so there is no need to soak them.
Yes, you can make sweet potato slices into chips with a few changes. To make sweet potato chips, slice the sweet potato thinner using a mandolin or potato slicer to become crisp and crunchy when they air fry.
How long you should air fry potatoes will depend on whether the potatoes are sliced, cut into rounds, cut in sticks like fries, cut in cubes, or left in whole. For instance, these sliced sweet potatoes cooked for 15 minutes, and my air fryer whole sweet potatoes, on the other hand, cooked for 30 minutes. My sweet potatoes cubes recipe cooks at a different time too.
No, you do not necessarily have to peel sweet potatoes before air frying them for air fryer sweet potato slices recipe. Ensure to clean them properly and that they are not rough. I generally peel my sweet potatoes for most of my air fryer sweet potatoes recipes except for my air fryer whole baked sweet potato.
HOW TO MAKE EASY AI FRYER SWEET POTATO SLICES:Print
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Slices (Sweet Potato Rounds)
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 – 4 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
Easy buttery air fryer sweet potato slices are the best potato side dish and so worth it! Crispy, buttery, and tender sweet potato slices in air fryer are easy to make, come through very quickly, and are absolutely satisfyingly addictive! If you are a sweet potato lover, then you are in for a treat because these sliced air fried sweet potatoes are heaven. They are fantastic for any main dish, snack, or simply add some to salad bowls, lunches, or casserole and enjoy!
- 1 Large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter; melted
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ black pepper
- Step one: Wash and peel the sweet potato. You can certainly use your potato without peeling; just ensure the potato(es) are clean.
- Step two: slice sweet potato. Easily slice the peeled sweet potato in equal rounds or close in other to cook evenly.
- Step three: season sweet potato slices. I used butter, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to season. First, melt and sprinkle the melted butter, then the spices. Then use a silicone spatula or hand to mix well. The seasoning ingredients created a little crust – yum! On the other hand, you can keep it simple and do just salt and pepper.
- Step four: air fry sweet potato slices. Set the air fryer to 350 and set the time to 15 minutes. Lay the seasoned sweet potato slices in the air fryer basket, cook in the air fryer for the specified time, turning halfway. If not perfectly cooked, you can obviously add additional time to finish cooking or perhaps crisp up more.
You do not have to peel sweet potatoes.
Melt the butter in the microwave. I used salted butter.
The exact length of time to air fry sweet potato slices typically depends on how thick or thin the slices are.
You can easily make sweet potato slices into sweet potato chips by slicing them thinner with a mandolin or a potato slicer.
This recipe is best enjoyed as soon as they are made or on the same day.
Use the herbs and spices you like to season sweet potato slices. However, I suggest you do not skip the oil. You can substitute butter with olive oil.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #sweetpotatoslices #sweetpotatorounds #sweetpotatorecipe #sidedish #healthysidedish Sweet side dish, Sweet potato slices, sweet potato rounds, air fryer sweet potatoes, sweet potato recipe,
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
Chicken Breast Air Fryer Fajitas:
Air Fryer Potatoes and Sausage:
Check Out these Sweet Potato Recipes:
- Easy Sweet Potato Avocado Rounds
- Sweet Potato Egg Cups
- Air Fryer Beef Tips and Sweet Potatoes
- Deconstructed Taco Bowl with Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
While you are still here, grab my FREE (5) spinach salad recipe bundle. It would be a great addition to your dinner table (if you like salads) or you are looking to incorporate more veggies. Get the recipes here.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY! Stay well and safe.
The Air Fryer Sweet Potato Slices were so wonderful and flavorful. The children even loved them! I can’t wait to make them again soon! Delicious!
So happy to hear this, Heidy!!!😊
I’ll never make sweet potatoes any other way again! Loved how easy and delicious this recipe was!
Am right there with you, Nicole!
I love discovering new things to cook in the air fryer! This recipe will help our family eat nutritious sweet potatoes more often, and I love that you can leave them unpeeled for even more nutrients. Thanks for another winner!
Yes you can definitely leave them unpeeled!
This looks really delicious and fairly simple to make! Can’t wait to try it out! thanks for the recipe 🙂
It really is, Suja!
I love making these in the Air Fryer! So easy and so good!
These air fryer sweet potato slices sound so good. I can’t wait to make them, I love sweet potatoes. Thanks for this recipe!
You are welcome, hope you enjoy!
We tried these for a side dish at breakfast and these were quick easy and perfect with our potatoes and eggs!
Oh, love to hear that you had them at breakfast, wonderful, Claudia!
These air-fryer potatoes were truly delicious and easy to make! I had them as a side dish for a vegan roast. I’ll be making it again. Thank you!
Nice to hear this, Tavo! Yippie
I love that this recipe doesn’t need a bunch of oil for the potatoes to come out crispy and delicious! Also, the option of not even having to peel the potatoes is a huge win for a busy mom like me. I love how perfect these sweet potatoes come out every time. This recipe is definitely going on repeat in our house!
Am so glad to hear this, Elisabeth! Yes, you can absolutely slice the potatoes with skin on!😊
So good! Crispy on the outside, soft and warm on the inside!
Yay, happy you enjoyed this recipe!
Delicious and super easy to make. Perfect small side for an intimate thanksgiving dinner. I even topped it with freshly chopped parsley for a nice finishing touch.
Am so happy you enjoyed this recipe. Thanks so much for your feedback and happy holidays!