Bacon Wrapped Baby Potatoes.
Small potatoes parboiled and marinated in coconut cream parsley pesto wrapped in bacon and baked to perfection is literal heaven. These bacon wrapped small potatoes are tasty, flavorful, tender and soft inside, perfectly toasted, and crisp outside. Whether you are looking for your family’s next best appetizer, or you are looking for that perfect dish to bring to the next potluck, these babies fit just right because they would please everyone!
For some time now, these roasted little potatoes wrapped with bacon has been our family’s Game Day go-to appy! These potato bites are legit Super Bowl approved appetizer! LISTEN, I could care less about football, but the husband does, am sure you know what that means! 🤷🏾♀️Look no further for that mouthwatering crowd-pleasing appetizer, entertain your family and guests with these insanely delicious roasted small potatoes. Be the hostess with the mostess. Click To Tweet
Ingredients for Bacon-Wrapped Baby Potatoes
The ingredients for making bacon wrapped small potatoes include potatoes, bacon, a few other ingredients for making the pesto to marinate the potatoes. Equally important is the dip; if you chose to have a dip for this potato appetizer (which I strongly recommend), you would need sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, etc.
Bacon alone doesn’t cut it!
Oh, kay, foodies, listen, we will not leave everything to bacon! Let’s season the potatoes, so finger-licking good that you will be tempted to bake these baby potatoes without bacon. I will show you how to make my coconut cream parsley pesto that will catapult these bacon wrapped small potatoes to the next level. To make our coconut cream parsley pesto, you will need coconut cream, fresh parsley, Spice Tribe Long-Tail Sunset Thai Blend, garlic, Jalapeno, EVOO, salt, and pepper. The coconut cream has a hint of sweetness that makes the pesto unique!
Flavor up with Thai Blend
If you do fancy flavors as we do here, then make sure to make your next bacon wrapped potatoes precisely this way. I know I always preach about making your food the way you want but trust me, these flavors are to live for (I mean too good to ignore)! I used Long-tail Sunset Thai Blend from Spice Tribe; it has a kick of spice that worked so well with the coconut cream. The leftover pesto made the dipping sauce magical. My little ones loved every bite of these baby potatoes!
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Potatoes
Making crispy bacon wrapped small potato bites is super easy. First, wash all the vegetables, then parboil or half cook the baby potatoes. Second, marinate the potatoes with the coconut cream parsley pesto. Third, wrap the little potatoes with bacon, and then bake till doneness. ENJOY!
However, this is an optional step that I highly seriously recommend before marinating the potatoes: Allow them to cool and gently slice the potatoes stopping ½ inch to the bottom of the potatoes. There is no need to place the potato in between the chopsticks like you may do when slicing raw potatoes for hassle back potato recipe. Simply place a potato on a flat surface, and cut. Make sure to check my video to see how easy it is. Making the cuts/slices allow the potatoes to soak up the marinade before wrapping with bacon.
How do I Make Bacon-Wrapped Small Potatoes Crispy?
- To make the bacon wrapped potatoes crispy or crispier, bake them longer. In other words, bake the potatoes until they crisp up to your doneness.
Can I Make Bacon wrapped potatoes with sweet potatoes?
- Yes, you can absolutely make this recipe with sweet potatoes, wedges, or potato halves. The truth is that you can wrap anything with bacon — asparagus, shrimp, scallops, Jalapenos, chicken, etc.
Tips for the Tastiest Bacon Wrapped Small Potatoes
- Do not leave all the heavy lifting for bacon; in other words, make sure to make the coconut cream parsley and marinate the small potatoes for at least 10 minutes before wrapping them in bacon. This will significantly enhance the flavors; very essential if you wish to get the flavors like me.
- Slice the small potatoes to allow the marinade to penetrate.
- Parboil or precook the potatoes; if not, you may still have hard potatoes at the end of the cooking.
- If you would prefer extra crispy bacon wrapped small potatoes, then bake it for longer, be sure note to burn your food!
Bacon Wrapped Small Potatoes (Crispy & Gluten-free)
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Diet: Gluten Free
These bacon-wrapped small potatoes are gluten-free and make the best baby potato appetizers! Perfectly toasted, and crisp outside! Tasty, flavorful, tender and soft inside. Whether you are looking for your family’s next best appetizer, or you are looking for that perfect dish to bring to the next potluck, these babies fit just right because they would please everyone!
2½ pounds of small(baby/little) potatoes
1 pound of bacon
Ingredients for the Coconut Cream Parsley Pesto
¼ coconut cream
½ bunch of fresh parsley
Spice Tribe Long-Tail Sunset Thai Blend
2 – 3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of EVOO
3 tablespoons of water
1 Jalapeno (deseed to reduce heat)
Salt and black pepper to taste
½ lime (juiced) or 1 tablespoon of lime/lemon juice
Ingredients for the Creamy Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons of light sour cream
2 tablespoons light Mayo
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 – 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice (freshly juiced)
1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
Simmered down coconut cream pesto
A dash of honey (optional)
- Wash all the ingredients
- Add all the pesto ingredients into a food processor, roughly blend, add EVOO, finish and set aside.
- Parboil (or precook) the small potatoes; use a fork to check for tenderness, then drain the water and allow it to cool.
- Optional step; slice the potatoes stopping ½ inch to the bottom of the potatoes. There is no need to place the potato in between the chopsticks like you may do when slicing raw potatoes for hassle back potato recipe. Place a potato on a flat surface, and cut. Make sure to check my video to see. Making the cuts/slices allow the potatoes to soak up the pesto marinade before you wrap them with bacon. This greatly enhances the flavor of these baby potatoes.
- Generously sprinkle the pesto on the potatoes, and marinate for at least 10 minutes; preheat oven to 400
- Cut each bacon into half; use each half to wrap a potato and secure with a toothpick. Repeat for all the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until potatoes are soft and tender inside and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a dipping sauce if desired.
How to make the Dipping Sauce:
- Add the remaining pesto into a small saucepan, simmer on low until reduced and thick. Taste, and set aside.
- Add the other ingredients into a bowl alongside the simmered down pesto.
- Mix, adjust salt and pepper. Add a dash of honey if desired.
The dipping sauce is not included in recipe calculations as it is optional.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bacon, bacon recipes, small potatoes, small potato recipe, Bacon wrapped small potatoes, Bacon wrapped potatoes, Potatoes wrapped in bacon, Bacon wrapped sweet potatoes, Bacon wrapped potato wedges, Bacon wrapped potato bites, Tips for the best bacon-wrapped potatoes, bacon-wrapped recipe, bacon-wrapped potatoes
If you like this very yummy bacon-wrapped potato appetizer, check out these other recipes.
- Sweet Potato Avocado Bites
- Turkey Bites on Keto Bread
- Nigerian Peppered Beef Tongue
- Sweet potato Egg Hash
I got some Juice, too~
- Pineapple Cucumber Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
- Pomegranate Juice
- Celery Juice (for celery juice cleanse)
- 3-Ingredients Watermelon Lemonade
- Carrot watermelon juice
- Avocado coconut smoothie.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️
Thanks for stopping by!
This recipe looks like the bomb! I’m interested in your Thai blend because you know me, I like my spices. Thanks for sharing Kechi!
Thanks for stopping by, Mr. Fred! I will definitely love for you to try this recipe, so so good!
Hope you can check out Spice Tribe Thai Blend as well.😊
These look like the perfect bites! I might just devour the entire platter and not share with anyone! Bookmarking!
Wanda, these were good!I hope you enjoy them!😊
Such an amazing appetizer or side dish! My family loved the combo of bacon and potatoes… so so good!
I agree, can go either way – appetizer or side dish!
This is such a delicious and yet so much fun appetizer everyone will love these here two great and favorites in one!
Very true, Claudia, two favorites in one!
You had me at bacon. This is such a great appetizers with the potatoes. Plan to serve them for the big game this weekend.
Am glad to hear that, Jayne, hope you enjoy it them!
Which team are you rooting for?
Gave these a try with dinner last night and they did not disappoint! So easy and flavorful; easily, my new favorite way to enjoy potatoes, indeed!
how much coconut cream – 1/4 WHAT?
I meant 1/4 cup, sorry for the confusion, and thanks for stopping by!