These bacon-wrapped small potatoes are gluten-free and make the best baby potato appetizers! Perfectly toasted, and crisp outside! Tasty, flavorful, tender and soft inside. Whether you are looking for your family’s next best appetizer, or you are looking for that perfect dish to bring to the next potluck, these babies fit just right because they would please everyone!
2½ pounds of small(baby/little) potatoes
1 pound of bacon
Ingredients for the Coconut Cream Parsley Pesto
¼ coconut cream
½ bunch of fresh parsley
2 – 3 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon of EVOO
3 tablespoons of water
1 Jalapeno (deseed to reduce heat)
Salt and black pepper to taste
½ lime (juiced) or 1 tablespoon of lime/lemon juice
Ingredients for the Creamy Dipping Sauce
2 tablespoons of light sour cream
2 tablespoons light Mayo
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 – 2 tablespoons of lemon or lime juice (freshly juiced)
1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
Simmered down coconut cream pesto
A dash of honey (optional)
- Wash all the ingredients
- Add all the pesto ingredients into a food processor, roughly blend, add EVOO, finish and set aside.
- Parboil (or precook) the small potatoes; use a fork to check for tenderness, then drain the water and allow it to cool.
- Optional step; slice the potatoes stopping ½ inch to the bottom of the potatoes. There is no need to place the potato in between the chopsticks like you may do when slicing raw potatoes for hassle back potato recipe. Place a potato on a flat surface, and cut. Make sure to check my video to see. Making the cuts/slices allow the potatoes to soak up the pesto marinade before you wrap them with bacon. This greatly enhances the flavor of these baby potatoes.
- Generously sprinkle the pesto on the potatoes, and marinate for at least 10 minutes; preheat oven to 400
- Cut each bacon into half; use each half to wrap a potato and secure with a toothpick. Repeat for all the potatoes.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until potatoes are soft and tender inside and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a dipping sauce if desired.
How to make the Dipping Sauce:
- Add the remaining pesto into a small saucepan, simmer on low until reduced and thick. Taste, and set aside.
- Add the other ingredients into a bowl alongside the simmered down pesto.
- Mix, adjust salt and pepper. Add a dash of honey if desired.
The dipping sauce is not included in recipe calculations as it is optional.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bacon, bacon recipes, small potatoes, small potato recipe, Bacon wrapped small potatoes, Bacon wrapped potatoes, Potatoes wrapped in bacon, Bacon wrapped sweet potatoes, Bacon wrapped potato wedges, Bacon wrapped potato bites, Tips for the best bacon-wrapped potatoes, bacon-wrapped recipe, bacon-wrapped potatoes