Classic Chicken and Carrot Stir Fry.
Delicious and nutritious chicken and carrot stir fry made with chicken breast, carrots, onions, fragrant herbs, and sautéed in olive oil is the easy and healthy chicken dinner idea you need today and forever! Serve this stir fry over white rice or anything you wish. This quick chicken stir fry recipe is always a perfect weekday lunch or dinner idea that is a lifesaver! And did I mention that this healthy recipe is kid-friendly, too! PLUS, it takes less than 30 minutes to cook! Yippee!!!Making lunch and dinner can not get easier than this perfect chicken carrot stir-fry recipe! This gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, stress-free, whole30 compliant healthy chicken recipe is calling your name! Click To Tweet
All about this Chicken Carrot Stir-fry:
One of the reasons why I love this carrot recipe and cook it uncountable times is that the ingredients are available all year round. In other words, you can snap your fingers and get everything you need for this recipe. Also, this stir recipe does not require soy sauce, and it is super easy to make!
Chicken and Carrot Stir Fry Ingredients.
Whether you have frozen chicken in your freezer or you have just bought fresh chicken breast, they can serve the same purpose when it comes to this recipe. It is no longer news that chicken breast is an excellent protein, and it has less fat compared to the other parts of the chicken. In case you are meatless, please feel free to substitute this with tofu, or fish. Can you use chicken drumstick for this chicken stir fry recipe? I never used it, but you know what they say? Never say never. So, you sure can!
Aside from chicken, another essential ingredient for this chicken and carrot stir-fry is carrot! Well, hello, isn’t that obvious? And I always like slicing the carrots just the way they look here. Relatively, you will also need onions, both the purple and yellow/white color. If you have only one color of onions, it works as well. Herbs, spices always make food better! Grab the full list of ingredients on the recipe card.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN AND CARROT STIR FRY.
Step 1: Cook the Veggies.
To make this stir-fried chicken and carrots, first of all, stir fry the vegetables (carrot & onions), and set them aside. These are the gorgeous stir-fried carrots and onions looking tasty while waiting!
Step 2: Stir fry the Chicken.
Then stir fry the chicken allowing it to crisp up as you wish. Don’t worry about washing the pan, but make sure to lay the chicken a single layer and cook through! Also, this a soy-free recipe, yet this so phenomenally delicious!
Step 3: Mix the stir-fried Vegetables and Chicken.
Finally, add the stir-fried vegetables back to the chicken pan and toss. Season and adjust flavors. Chicken carrot stir fry is ready; serve with white rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa. I love love this sauce, one of my favorites!
How to Serve Chicken Carrot Stir Fry Recipe.
When your stir-fry is ready, enjoy it as you wish! My family and I love to have it with white rice. You can surely do quinoa, potatoes, or even yams. I think this chicken carrot stir fry is a great replacement for tomato stew, and that’s my reason for usually serving it with boiled rice! This chicken and carrot stir fry will surpass your expectations. Below is my rice and this healthy stir fry! I added avocado.
I went in on this plate so fast, and it was so good! 😊
Is Stir-fry Different from Frying?
Yes, stir fry is different from frying! The main difference between stir fry and frying is in the amount of oil used in each. In comparison, stir fry involves cooking a small amount of food in a hot pan with very little oil. Frying, on the other hand, consists of using a lot of fat. Relatively you can fry either a small quantity of stuff or a large number of things. To make this chicken and carrot vegetable stir fry, well, we “stir-fry.”
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CHICKEN AND CARROT STIR FRY.
When it comes to cooking or stir-frying, there is always room for improvement. Here are some tips to make the perfect chicken and carrot stir fry every time.
- Slice the vegetables – I have found out that slicing the carrots, onions, and even the chicken breast helps me evenly and quickly make this stir-fry! If you choose to cut the veggies instead, try and cut them into equal sizes. The same goes for the chicken breast.
- Ensure the pan is hot before adding the vegetables or chicken; this way, the veggies cook quick and crisp. On the other hand, avoid an overly hot pan to prevent the veggies from burning. The goal is to make the perfect chicken and carrot stir fry! Yippee
- Keep an eye on these while they are cooking to avoid burning because we used paprika.
- Lay the chicken on the pan on a single layer, and if you are cooking plenty of chicken, then cook them in batches.
- Make it your way! If you prefer crunchy veggies then do not stir fry longer than a couple of minutes. I love mine a little softer because of the kids.
Some Easy Chicken and Carrot Stir Fry Variations
- Use another Vegetable: though chicken and carrot remain one of my favorite combinations, you can swap carrot and use any other vegetables. I always say use your favorite veggie such as broccoli, parsnips, mushrooms, bok choy, etc.
- Don’t like chicken breast? No worries. Use another choice of protein such as fish, shrimp, pork chop, or steak, tofu would work just fine!
- Herbs and spices: I used regular paprika, but you can use smoked paprika. You can also add other spices or seasonings that you love, such as curry, turmeric, or hot sauce, if you desire this to be spicy!
- Then stir fry the chicken allowing it to crisp up as you wish. Don’t worry about washing the pan, but make sure to lay the chicken a single layer and cook through!
I know you are ready; let’s go ahead and make this chicken stir fry available on your dinner (or lunch) table!Print
Delicious and nutritious chicken and carrot stir-fry made with chicken breast, sliced carrots, onions, fragrant herbs, and sautéed in olive oil. Serve this over rice or anything you wish. This easy chicken recipe is always a perfect weekday lunch or dinner! This recipe is kid-friendly and takes less than 30 minutes to cook!
This gluten-free, dairy-free, stress-free, and whole30 compliant healthy chicken recipe is calling your name!
- 1 chicken breast (cut in 1 – 2-inch sizes)
- 1 – 2 teaspoon(s) of cornstarch
- 1 – 2 teaspoon(s) of paprika (or a little more if you desire it to be a bit more reddish)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder (or less)
- ½ teaspoon Knorr seasoning powder
- Salt to taste (always add salt according to your taste)
- Black pepper to taste (or white pepper)
- A dash of Crushed red pepper (if you want spicy; add to taste)
- ¼ dry thymes leaves
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- ½ of whole fresh lime
- 2 tablespoons – ¼ cup of chicken broth or water (which you may not need)
For the vegetables:
- 1½ cups of sliced carrots
- 1 bulb of onions (half each from different colors of onions; I used red and yellow)
- 1/3 chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Salt to taste (always use salt according to your taste or health need)
- ½ tsp. seasoning powder
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
In a clean bowl, add the already cleaned/washed and cut chicken. Then add the paprika, cornstarch, seasoning powder, onion powder, thyme, garlic powder, and salt. Use hands while wearing a glove to make sure the marinade is well mixed into the chicken, set aside.
While the chicken marinates, wash and cut the vegetables, slice, or cut them as you wish. But for this recipe, slicing works better than cubes.
In a clean pan, add half of the oil or about two teaspoons, allow heating it up. Start sautéing the vegetables, adding all the veggies at the same time. Then add the seasoning powder, salt, paprika, pepper, and stir well to combine. Sautee everything for 4 – 5 minutes, taste, and adjust flavors, scoop out of the pot, and set aside.
Add the last remaining oil or about one tablespoon of oil into that same pan, and gently lay the (already marinated) chicken in the pan. Allow to cook/sauté unbothered for at least 4 minutes or until that side turns a bit brown, flip to cook the other side, the same way.
Cook the chicken through, and then add the veggies back into the pan, give a good mix, add the grated ginger and minced garlic as well. Taste and adjust flavors accordingly, and then squeeze in the juice of ½ of the lime to deglaze the pan. And also, to intensify the flavor.
Give a good quick stir, then finally add the chopped green onions and turn off the heat, set this stir-fry aside to stop cooking and then serve with rice, potatoes, beans, or anything you wish. I ate mine with coconut basmati rice, and it was divine.
If you desire for your sauce to be a little liquid-y then add a drop of broth or water; I rarely do. About 2 tablespoon should do.
If you are vegan, no problems substitute chicken with tofu, or just make this without it and it still tastes delicious!
Increase cornstarch and paprika to 2 teaspoons if using a big chicken breast.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Easy chicken recipe, Chicken stir fry, Stir fry recipe, Healthy chicken recipe, Chicken and broccoli, chicken and carrot stir fry recipe, stir-fry, chicken dinner, Chicken stir fry healthy stir fry, Asian food, healthy recipe, low carb chicken stir-fry, Chicken recipe, carrot recipe, vegetable stir-fry, healthy chicken stir-fry, carrot stir-fry, easy chicken recipe, vegetable chicken dinner
With everything going on in the world, this recipe is super handy and would very much serve your family, so when are you going to make it or have you made it already? Tell me in the comment. ⤵️
Want more Healthy Recipes?
If you like this easy chicken stir-fry recipe then, I am sure you will like:
- Perfectly baked Brussels Sprouts.
- Oven-baked Healthy Chicken Drumsticks.
- Healthy Plantain and Eggs Frittata.
- Nigerian Chicken Tomato Stew.
- Deconstructed Taco Bowl.
- Nigerian Coconut Rice.
Meanwhile, let’s connect on social media; well, your girl is everywhere! Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook. LOL, I did put starting on Pinterest and Instagram off forever, well I am there now, and I will love for us to connect!
Once again, thank you so much for reading, and please do rate this recipe. And whenever you make it, be sure to let me know!😊 SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️