This Is Not A Regular Grannie’s Cornbread Recipe.
Here is the best cornbread recipe, and the only cornbread recipe you need, trust me on this.
No bacon fat;
No leftover (animal) grease;
A few simple ingredients;
An easy to follow recipe;
And a happy ending.This is the yummiest and healthiest cornbread recipe; this healthier low-calorie cornbread is only 148 calories per serving. Yet, insanely delicious, and very easy to make! Click To Tweet
In the first place, and just in case if you are not very familiar with cornbread; it is some kind of a “quick bread” made with cornmeal and without yeast. Similarly, baking powder is the leavening ingredient instead. The history of cornbread goes back to Native American history though it is highly esteemed and enjoyed in the south. So, it is not unusual for people to think that cornbread as a “southern cooking” delicacy.Usually, cornbread is a bit chewy than regular bread, that’s also one of the reasons why it stands out, and why we love it. Click To Tweet
The Family That Eats Cornbread Together…
Here is a little short story about this cornbread. So, it was my husband’s birthday a few days ago, and though he wasn’t physically around because he is currently at deployment, the kids and I proceeded to make his favorite thing – cornbread! He loves cornbread, and we love him! And of course, we proceeded to eat it on his behalf. Hahahaha
This very Cornbread recipe is indeed a classic. It is also health-ish yet tastier. This super easy to make dessert will warm your heart and put a smile on your face. Likewise, it is about to become a favorite on your dinner table, during a family gathering, and even the next birthday celebration.
If you are ready to let’s get into making this recipe.Print
This is the only cornbread recipe you need; simple ingredients, easy to make, and delightfully pleasing.
- 1½ cups corn meal
- ½ cup flour
- 1-teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1-cup buttermilk
- 2 medium size eggs
- 6 tablespoons of butter; melted (you can substitute with coconut oil, but I prefer the richness of butter)
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- Mix dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a bowl, then mix wet ingredients (buttermilk, eggs, honey, and melted butter) in a different container.
- Combine the two until there is no clumps, yet, do now over mix. Pour the mix into a well-greased baking dish, and place in a preheated 450 oven. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 375, and bake for the remaining 10 minutes.
- The cornbread is ready when toothpick insert comes out clean. Then remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting a piece for yourself, enjoy this hearty and happy meal with the people you love.
You can substitute butter with coconut oil, but I prefer the richness of butter. And am not exactly sure how it will affect the taste of the recipe.
If you desire a very sweet cornbread then you may want to add additional sugar. And if you wish for an extra moist cornbread, you may also need more butter/grease.
I have also seen people add more melted butter after baking to moisten, that’s just unnecessary calories (in my opinion). Remember this is a healthier cornbread recipe and that is why it calls for only six tablespoons of butter/oil as well as less sugar.
You can choose to bake this cornbread from start finish at 375, but I personally like starting at a high temperature (450) and then lowering a bit to 375. By this, I get the crisp from the outside.
- Category: Appetizer/snacks/Side dish/Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cornbread recipe, healthy cornbread recipe, honey cornbread, how to make healthy cornbread, baked bread, bread dessert,
When was the last time you made cornbread? Well, this weekend may be a great time to bake it again. 😊 SHARE THIS POST, then go ahead and check out these other healthy yummies;
- Healthy Wholewheat Banana Bread.
- Vegan Almond Cacao Cookies.
- Zucchini and Cashew Nut Bites.
- Easy Granola Balls.
- Cauliflower fried rice.
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese.
As well as healthy breakfast recipes such as
Finally, let’s connect on social media; I am on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter; let’s stay connected everywhere.
Can’t wait to see you again, remember to share this recipe, and please SHARE THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST. ⤵️