Blender Baked Oats Recipe.
Okay, folks, here we come again with another TikTok inspired recipe that is a winner, and this one is something I know you will enjoy – chocolate baked oats, I mean blended oats that is perfectly baked. All the ingredients are dumped into the blender, blended until smooth, and then baked to perfection. This baked oatmeal recipe is supposedly a breakfast recipe but kind of dessert. Let’s just say this TikTok’s viral baked oats recipe is the ultimate definition of cake for breakfast. I used to rave about my coconut milk oat bowl as well as my chocolate oatmeal bowl until I met blender-baked oats. This recipe has no match!The baked oats recipe is currently taking the world by storm; this baked breakfast oatmeal is first blended and baked to make the most amazing, hearty, and comforting bowl. Click To Tweet
Viral TikTok Recipes.
What is it about TikTok food recipes? Well, if you haven’t figured it out yet, TikTok is a social media land that thrives on fast-paced hacks, and food is one of them. The first TikTok recipe I made is Nature’s Cereal; currently, one of my top loved recipe on this blog.
When I saw baked oats recipes as a viral trend on TikTok, I knew I had to try it! I tested this recipe three times, and each time, it made a profound impression on me; and here we are, I can’t wait for you to try my chocolatey variation.
Ingredients for TikTok Chocolate Baked Oats.
Typically, the ingredients for making this type of baked oatmeal would depend on the flavor or recipe that you wish to make. For instance, raw cacao, peanut butter, matcha, or vanilla protein powder can create different flavors of baked oats recipes. Having said that, the ingredients for my chocolate blender baked oats recipe include:
- 1 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional but necessary; remember this is chocolate baked oatmeal, hello). This recipe serves 2 – 3 people.
How to Make Chocolate Baked Oats (TikTok Recipe)
Fortunately, this recipe is super easy to make because it involves two things, first, blend the ingredients. Second, pour the into the ramekins, and bake. Here are the step-by-step instructions for baking TikTok’s viral blender oatmeal.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil spray the ramekins.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender, blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the blended oats into the ramekins; top with chocolate chips, and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I typically bring it out of the oven at the 23rd minute! That’s my magic time!
- Drizzle a little icing or top with a some yogurt, more melted chocolate, or nut/seed spread of choice to get the best out of this bowl! I had made some leftover icing for my daughter’s birthday, and I scoop some right on top of these baked oatmeal, and it was literal heaven!
Tools You Need to Make TikTok Baked Oats:
- Oven-safe Ramekins (8 oz): you need those small oven-proof ramekins to bake this oatmeal. My ramekins were a little bigger; I used Pioneer Woman’s 14.4 oz size mini casserole. (I didn’t fill up to brim, but, that was what I had and I used it)
- Blender (or high-powered blender): this oat recipe requires that you add everything into the blender (also why it called blender baked oats or blended baked oats). and blend it until smooth
- Oven or Microwave: well, obviously, you will need to bake this healthy oats recipe, just like the name says – baked oats.
Some Fun Variations.
Sit tight, and check out these baked oatmeal variations:
- Chocolate Baked Oats (aka, this very recipe)
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal is also known as banana baked oat cake. To make this variation, exclude the raw cacao powder and use baking soda instead of baking powder. Add ground cinnamon; banana bread loves Cinnamon. Finally, make sure to reduce the amount of liquid.
- Vanilla Protein Powder Baked Oats: substitute the raw cacao with protein powder and add vanilla extract as well.
- Peanut butter: Use peanut butter instead of raw cacao; drizzle more nut butter when done baking. You can use any other nut or seed butter if you don’t care about peanut butter.
- Strawberry oat cake: Add some free strawberries and top with more; sub cacao powder with vanilla protein powder.
- Apple Pie would be another variation to try, use apple sauce instead of banana, and grate in some fresh apples as well.
Listen, there are several things you can do with this recipe. No matter who you are and what you do, there is a flavor out there for you. Alternatively, make up your own flavor; the very fun thing about cooking is experimenting. You can create a beautiful experience without even trying.😊🤷🏾♀️This healthy breakfast oatmeal recipe can pass for a cake, brownie in a mug, healthy dessert recipe, or a fancy breakfast for special occasions. Enjoy this chocolatey goodness, and thank me later! Click To Tweet
Easy Substitutions for Baked Oatmeal Recipes:
- Make this vegan; substitute the egg with flaxseed eggs (aka, flax egg).
- Use any milk of choice; I used coconut milk, but, any other one works.
- Oats; this recipe calls for old-fashioned oats, or rolled oats, however, you can substitute with quick oats if that is what you have. Unfortunately, steel oats cannot work for baked oats recipes.
- Sweetener: I used coconut sugar; if you wish to maple syrup, I suggest not adding milk. If not, this recipe may become a little liquidy.
- Make this a protein-packed baked oats by substituting raw cacao powder for protein powder.
Tips for making Viral TikTok Chocolate Baked Oats:
- Grease or oil the ramekins or baking bowls; this helps the bowl to release after baking.
- Make sure to blend the ingredients; this way, everything combines well and will have a cakey structure after baking. I have seen people get baked this without blending, and it wasn’t just the same! I can rightfully inform you that it wouldn’t be the same.
- Consider baking these oat bowls in the microwave if you are in a hurry. That would take about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes. Until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Frequently Asked Questions for Viral TikTok Baked Oats.
I am happy to answer some of your burning questions and uncertainties about the TikTok viral baked oats recipe.
Is Baked Oats Healthy?
- Yes, the this recipe is healthy and nutrient-dense, that doesn’t mean it is calorie free. It can also become easily addictive. This is a healthy indulgence, however, do not overindulge.
What’s in Baked Oats?
- This TikTok chocolate baked oatmeal recipe contains oats (well, obviously), banana, eggs, coconut sugar, and coconut milk. It also has baking powder and a little salt for a lift and balance respectively. As you can see, this recipe is packed with wholesome ingredients that are good for you.
What type of Oats is Best for TikTok Baked Oatmeal?
- The best oats to use for baked oats recipe is old-fashioned oats or rolled. You can also use oat flour, but steel-cut oat is a no-no!
What does Chocolate Baked Oats taste?
- This chocolate baked oats recipe tastes like cake, and by that, I mean brownies, except that it is healthier. The texture is more like brownie; that’s why people call this “healthy brownie in a mug.” To get the brownie-cake texture, though, you do need to blend the ingredients in a blender.
How many Calories are in this Recipe?
- Typically, it will depend on what you blended, that is the ingredients, and also the quantity. This chocolatey baked goodness is only 363 calories per serving. I usually share one bowl for two kids. An adult can eat a whole ramekin for breakfast.
Can you eat Baked Oats the next day?
- Yes, you sure! In fact, I would encourage you to make baked oats the night before and eat them the next day!
Do I need a Banana in this Recipe?
- You can bake this recipe with or without a banana, but I added banana to this one. If you are vegan or decided to keep it egg-free, a banana can replace an egg.
How do I know when my Baked Oatmeal is ready?
- This recipe usually bakes for 20-25 minutes (my magic time is 23 minutes; PLEASE NOTE THAT MY RAMEKIN IS A LITTLE BIGGER THAN USUAL). If using a smaller ramekin it could bake for a shorter time! You will know that your baked oat is ready after a toothpick insert comes out clean.
What size of ramekins should I use to bake this?
- Generally, 8-ounce ramekins are perfect for baking the blended oats recipes. My ramekins were a little bigger; I used Pioneer Woman’s 14.4 oz size mini casserole. (I didn’t fill up to brim, but, that was what I had and I used it).
How to store leftover baked oatmeal:
- You can store untouched baked oats over the counter for a couple of days or in the freezer for up to 9 weeks! I wouldn’t leave this for more than three days though. Then again, I don’t think you will be able to keep your hands off them for that long.
Baked Oats (TikTok Viral Chocolate Baked Oats Recipe)
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
A delightful TikTok inspired chocolate baked oats recipe is the healthy brownie in a mug you need to start your day! This TikTok Viral Chocolate Baked Oats Recipe is a definition of cake for breakfast. Customize this recipe to suit your taste, add the flavors you want!
Making baked oatmeal is easy and requires only two steps – blend, bake, and enjoy! This recipe makes for a wholesome breakfast, or dessert everyone member of your family will love. Top this with a little yogurt, icing, more melted chocolate, or any nut/seed spread of choice to get the best out of it!
1 cups of old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
1 ripe banana
¼ cup coconut milk
¼ teaspoon of salt
¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional but necessary; remember this is chocolate baked oatmeal, hello)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Oil spray the ramekins.
- Add all the ingredients into the blender, blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour blended oats into the ramekins; top with chocolate chips, and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I typically bring it out of the oven at the 23rd minute! That is my magic time.
- Drizzle a little icing or top with a little yogurt, more melted chocolate, or any nut/seed spread of choice to get the best out of it! I had made some icing for my daughter’s birthday, and I scoop some on top of these baked oatmeal bowls, and it was literal heaven!
Make this recipe fun by customizing it to suit you!
You do need oven-safe ramekins for baking; keep an eye on it while it is baking. My ramekins were a little bigger; I used Pioneer Woman’s 14.4 oz size mini casserole. (I didn’t fill up to brim, but, that was what I had and I used it)
Please do not use the oats whole; blend them smooth as required.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender & Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Baked oats, TikTok hack, baked oatmeal, oatmeal, healthy breakfast, oat cake, TikTok recipes, chocolate, chocolate oatmeal, brownie in a mug, healthy brownie in a mug, cake for breakfast, viral recipe
MORE HEALTHY OATMEAL RECIPES:
If you like this oat cake, then am sure you will enjoy my other healthy oatmeal recipes.
- Healthy Coconut Milk Oatmeal
- Chocolate Oatmeal Bowl
- Banana Oats Banana Waffles
- Nutty Granola bites
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Oats
- Peanut Butter Banana Bars
- Ripe Plantain Energy Balls
- Vegan Almond Oats Cookies
We got some Juice Here!
- Homemade Grapefruit Juice Recipe
- Sugar-free Pineapple Cucumber juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Celery Juice (for celery juice cleanse)
- 3-Ingredients Watermelon Lemonade
- Carrot watermelon juice
- How to Seed Pomegranate
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️
Thanks for stopping by!
I love this chocolate oat recipe. I eat that sometime during breakfast. It was delicious
Glad to hear that you like this! Thanks for stopping by, Saif!
What a wonderful breakfast treat we must try soon!
Such a great treat indeed, Claudia!
Thank you so much for this recipe! it’s very helpful! loved it!
Thank you, too, Allyssa!
I’ve been making baked oats for YEARS before Tik Tok was even around so I feel like I’m ahead of the “cool curve” lol. This chocolate version is perfect – totally like dessert for breakfast!
Hahaha, Gina, yes, girl, you are way ahead!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
But, seriously, this recipe is simply genius!
Chocolate is a big hit here and this will be too! Definitely telling my daughter about this recipe! Such a great breakfast idea too! Making this for breakfast now!
Yes, Beth, that’s so lovely to hear! I hope you and your daughter enjoy this recipe!
These really hit the spot for breakfast but usually, I wait till snack time for my chocolate fix.
Glad to hear that, Alisa! Thanks very much!
We love baked oats for breakfast. So many different ways to serve them too.
Yes, Dannii, so many variations! 🙌🏾
My daughter really enjoyed making and eating this! Thanks for the recipe!
Awww, glad to hear that, Toni! Thanks for letting me know!
Such a delicious recipe! Thanks for sharing!
I keep coming back to this recipe. It’s my new go-to when I have ripe bananas. I love it. I usually blend the oats first to make a powder and then add the blended liquid. Definitely give it a try.
Yes, Rubi!!! Am so excited to hear this and I will like to try blending the oats first, next time.
Thanks for the feedback.