Homemade Pomegranate Juice Recipe.
Pomegranate juice is sweet, tart, refreshing, and very nutritious. If you haven’t had pomegranate juice before, stop it. Go make yourself some after reading this post! Today I am excited to share with you this very easy pomegranate juice recipe. This recipe requires two cups of pomegranate seeds, also known as arils; if you do not know how to seed a pomegranate, check my post on how to deseed a pomegranate. Juicing pomegranate is as simple as ABC; you can juice pomegranate with a blender or without a blender. However, this pomegranate juice recipe uses a blender.A perfect non-alcoholic drink for every occasion that suits both young and old. This Fresh and bubbly pomegranate juice is easy to make; plus, it is healthy and delicious! Learn how to make it and thank me later. Click To Tweet
Tips for this Pomegranate Juice Recipe.
- Buy fresh pomegranate; you could probably use frozen pomegranate seeds to make this recipe, but I have never tried it, so I don’t know if you will get the same result. To make this pomegranate juice recipe, I always buy fresh and big pomegranates.
- Use very ripe pomegranates: relatively, use ripe pomegranates, and by that, I mean the deep red colored pomegranate seeds. 2020 was the year I wanted to visit a pomegranate orchard; guess what? It didn’t happen because of COVID restrictions. Nevertheless, I am grateful that there are still abundant pomegranates to buy in stores from my local grocery.
- For best result, use this pomegranate juice fresh after making it and before its oxides. I do not recommend saving pomegranate juice in the fridge for days; drink it all within the first day!
If you like healthy juices, then you should check out my 14 Days of Healing with Vegetable Blends. Get the recipes here.
Pomegranate Juice Recipe Ingredients.
The ingredients for making this pomegranate juice include – pomegranate seeds, water, and honey (optional). Keep reading or scroll for the pomegranate juice recipe instructions.
Can I make Pomegranate Juice without Water?
Yes, you can make pomegranate juice without water because you do not really need water. To make pomegranate juice without water, follow the same process but without water. You may choose to dilute with ice cubes, water, or spritzer before drinking.
On the other hand, I like adding water to my pomegranate juice recipe because it helps me extract all the juice. Second, I would rather add water before juicing it than after the fact. Finally, I want it to be a little diluted. If you plan to make pomegranate juice without water, there may be no need to add honey.
Equipment for Pomegranate Juice Recipe.
How to make Pomegranate Juice Step by Step.
This easy pomegranate juice recipe instruction takes about 5 minutes to make – yes, it that simple to juice a pomegranate using a blender:
- Seed the pomegranate using my simple steps.
- Make the pomegranate juice using the blender.
- Sieve and enjoy the pomegranate juice as you wish!
Everything about pomegranate makes sense — the color of the seeds, the flavor, the sweet/tart taste of pomegranate, plus all of its health benefits! In my previous post on how to seed a pomegranate, I shared some health benefits of pomegranate and why you should eat more of it.
Is Pomegranate Juice good for you?
Yes, pomegranate is excellent for you because it has tons of health benefits such as antioxidants and heart-healthy.
Some Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice include:
- High in vitamin C
- May reduce inflammation (anti-inflammatory)
- Helps with digestion
- Immune – boosting and anti-viral.
- Pomegranate is a sexy fruit because it may help sexual function and fertility.
- Memory Improvement
- Blood pressure
Pomegranate Juice Recipe at Home
Like most foods we cook by ourselves, when we make pomegranate juice at home it remains the best. First, you are sure to use the best of the ingredients. Second, there is no need for added additives or preservatives to make the juice last longer or taste better. Finally, it is always cheaper to make it yourself both for the short term and long term.Pomegranate juice is one of the most amazing drinks you can ever have – heart-healthy, healing, and health-improving. And the best thing is that this drink is super-duper easy to make! Click To Tweet
Here you go for my deliciously refreshing, easy pomegranate juice recipe. ⬇️Print
This pomegranate juice recipe shows you how to easily juice a pomegranate using a blender. Pomegranate juice is one of the most amazing drinks you can ever have – heart-healthy, healing, and health-improving. And the best part is that this drink is super-duper easy to make! First, seed the pomegranate and then follow this easy pomegranate juice recipe instructions to make yourself some POM juice.
2 cups of pomegranate seeds
2 cups of water
1 – 2 tablespoons of honey
Orange slices (for garnishing; optional)
Mint leaves (for garnishing; optional)
- Add pomegranate seeds to the blender (check my post on how to seed a pomegranate)
- Add water to the blender and the honey.
- Cover the blender, making sure that it is plugged. Turn on the blender, and use the pulse button to “pulse” a couple of times until the arils are loosened from the seeds. Do not allow the pomegranate seeds to crush. DO NOT BLEND, or else the seeds will crush, and they will be a challenge to sieve.
- Place a colander/sieve over a container, and drain/sieve the juice. Serve immediately with additional fruits or ice; garnish with mint.
Use “pulse” button instead of blend when making the juice to prevent the seeds from crushing.
This pomegranate juice recipe incorporates water, please know that you can make pomegranate without water. Use the same exact method without water and honey, then dilute with whatever you want afterwards.
DO NOT BLEND or else the seeds will crush, and they will be a challenge to sieve.
This recipe serves about 4 people.
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pomegranate, POM, pomegranate juice, pomegranate juice recipe, juice a pomegranate, how to juice a pomegranate, homemade juice, juice, juicing, pomegranate season, seed a pomegranate, how to deseed a pomegranate, pomegranate recipe, benefits of pomegranate, healthy juice, pomegranate smoothie
If you like healthy juices, then you should check out my 14 Days of Healing with Vegetable Blends. You will receive 14 health-improving plant-based drinks.
Check these other Juice Recipes?
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Celery Juice (for celery juice cleanse)
- Carrot watermelon juice
- How to Seed Pomegranate
Healthy Smoothie Recipes:
- Avocado coconut smoothie.
- Immune-boosting citrus smoothie.
- Blueberry smoothie.
- Peach and strawberry smoothie.
- Creamy tropical smoothie.
- Healthy beet smoothie.
Easy & Healthy Salad Ideas
- Berry Spinach Salad
- Shredded Beet Salad
- Spring Mix Salad
- Red cabbage Chicken Wrap, plus
- Turkey bites garnished with pomegranate seeds.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
Thanks so much for stopping by!