Watermelon Feta Blueberry.
Refreshing and savory watermelon appetizer with feta and blueberry is sweet, salty, revitalizing, and satisfying! Be warned that these watermelon feta bites can be addictive; however, this is one cheap refreshment you need all hot summer months! Undoubtedly watermelon is one of the best fruits to enjoy during the summer, and I sympathize with those that don’t like this fruit. Nigeria is a very hot country, and growing up, we really on watermelon a lot. I always joke that I am the watermelon connoisseur, though it sounds like a joke, I mean it with all my heart!
Watermelon appetizer with feta and blueberry is the easy red, white and blue color you need for the 4th of July this year! Why, you may ask: it is easy to make, cheap, and everyone loves it. If you haven’t tried this combo yet, and perhaps are waiting for a sign, this is that sign you need. Make this ASAP. The best part is that this recipe requires no expertise; use an egg ring to cut out the watermelon, place some feta on it, and top with a couple of blueberries; enjoy! Let’s just say that this is the easiest and quickest watermelon appetizer, plus it is a crowd-pleaser too!Refreshing and savory watermelon appetizer with feta and blueberry is sweet, salty, revitalizing, and satisfying! This is one easy watermelon appetizer you need! @nkechiajaeroh Click To Tweet
The 4th of July (Fourth of July).
July 4th every year is a federal holiday here in America because it is the Independence Day, and thankfully it is in the heart of summer. The weather is (generally) good and sunny, and typically friends and family will meet up and celebrate with lots of food and fun activities. With COVID, things changed; there were fewer to no gatherings during July 4th, 2020. But currently, with the vaccine (in 2021), life is slowly returning to normal. Glory be to God!
Americans love the 4th of July fun; it is a day to unwind and enjoy the company of those you love. My kids always look forward to this day; they dress up in “American outfits” (aka patriot outfits) and ready to have fun!
Watermelon Bites Makes A Perfect Appetizer!
First of all, you can choose whatever you want to be a party appetizer because it is your party and you are in charge. Having said that, most people prefer their Fourth of July appetizers to have a patriotic resemblance of red, white, and blue, which is super cool. And that brings me to this watermelon appetizer with feta and blueberry. The watermelon is red (well, kind of pinkish-red, the feta is white, and blueberry is blue! Apart from the obvious aesthetics of this recipe, it tastes incredible – watermelon feta appetizer is a real deal!
What You Need To Make Watermelon Appetizer with Feta and Blueberry:
- Watermelon (well, obviously), you can’t make this recipe without watermelon, can you? You will need some watermelon slices at the thickness of the egg ring or any ring you wish to use to cut it.
- Feta cheese; you will enjoy the saltiness of feta cheese in watermelon bites. On the other hand, goat cheese or Caprese cheese can work on this recipe as well.
- Blueberries; fresh blueberries complete this recipe. You can swap with blueberries with blackberries if you don’t like or eat blueberries. A couple of leaves of mint will add a touch of green for aesthetics or garnishing.
- Instruments: you will need a good knife to cut the melon (well, hello), and you will need an egg ring to cut the watermelon slices in perfect rounds. And a small cookie cutter if you also want minis.
How to Make Watermelon Bites with Feta and Blueberry:
Making watermelon feta appetizer bites is easy, first, wash and cut the watermelon into big slices and at the thickness of the egg ring or cookie cutter. To cut, place a slice of watermelon on a clean level surface and place the egg ring right at the middle and press down cutting. Repeat to cut all watermelon slices to make as many watermelon appetizer bites as you want. Second, place the watermelon appetizer bites on a clean plate, sprinkle some feta cheese and top with blueberries. Repeat to make as many watermelon feta blueberry appetizers as you want. Serve and enjoy!
What is the Best Size for Watermelon Rounds?
The size of these appetizers depends solely on you. I like it a little bigger so that one would be enough for each adult; in that case, I use an egg ring. On the other hand, I made some smaller ones using my cookie cutter because of my kids and their friends. So, pick a size and make it your way; remember, this post is only an idea!
Variations/Substitutions of Watermelon Feta Blueberry Bites:
- Make this into a salad instead; watermelon feta salad with blueberry is a perfect 4th of July menu! Finish it with mint leaves.
- Drizzle a slight balsamic vinegar reduction for more flavor as well as color.
- Use blackberries instead of blueberries or if you do not like blueberries.
- Swap feta cheese for goat cheese or blue cheese if it suits your preference. All go well with watermelon.
- Make this into a fruit kebab instead; for the best fruit kebab, use a smaller block cookie-cutter, block feta, and a skewer. Make sure to include the blueberries.
- Don’t like watermelon? No worries, use strawberries to make a patriotic fruit appetizer. For instance, if I am using strawberries, I would typically put them on a skewer and use block feta instead of crumbled feta.
Finally, have fun and make it your way! When it comes to this watermelon appetizer with feta and blueberry, make sure to make it the way you will like it!
Watermelon Feta Blueberry FAQs:
Watermelon goes well with cheeses such as feta cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese, Caprese cheese, etc. On the other hand, watermelon goes well with some veggies and fruits – avocado, red onion, berries, corn, lemon, etc. As per herbs, most people love pairing watermelon with mint a lot, as well as basil. If you like spicy, then try shaking some spicy chili pepper on your watermelon appetizer!
Ideally, any salty cheese complements the mellowness of watermelon, especially in appetizers or salads. Try watermelon feta cheese or watermelon goat cheese or watermelon blue cheese; those are terrific combinations that will make your day!
Personally, I love fruity or savory appetizers such as this watermelon feta blueberry, and thankfully it equally has the color to complement the celebration! July 4th is America’s birthday, so getting in the mood and serving an appetizer with a patriotic undertone is always beautiful! From this patriotic watermelon appetizer to patriotic ice cream treats, you certainly can’t go wrong with 4th of July appetizers and treats! Also, fruit kebabs and patriotic popsicles are equally fantastic.
How to Store Leftover Watermelon Appetizer Bites:
First, if you need to make a large amount of this recipe, do not sprinkle feta cheese on all of them. That way, if you didn’t use them all, you can easily cover the leftover watermelon bites separately (without cheeses) and set it in the fridge for whenever you need them. Remember, mold can easily grow on cheeses. Use cling film to securely cover any leftover!
On the positive side, you may not have any leftovers because these fruit appetizers are that good! My entire family loves and adores this watermelon appetizer with feta and blueberry, so we very rarely have leftovers.Super fun and easy watermelon appetizer is the watermelon treat you didn't know you needed! Say hello, to this watermelon feta blueberry combo, the best sweet and salty flavor you need right now! @nkechiajaeroh Click To Tweet Print
Refreshing and savory watermelon appetizer with feta and blueberry is sweet, salty, revitalizing, and satisfying! These watermelon appetizer bites are super easy to make and very cheap! Plus the fact that everyone likes it! Be warned; these fruity bites can be addictive. At the same time, this is the easiest and quickest red, white, and blue combo for the 4th of July!
1/4 of a whole watermelon
1/2 cup of fresh blueberries (or as much as you want)
1/2 cup of feta cheese (or as much as you want)
- Wash and cut the watermelon into big slices and at the thickness of the egg ring or cookie cutter.
- To cut, place a slice of watermelon on a clean level surface and place the egg ring right at the middle and press down cutting. Repeat to cut all watermelon slices to make as many watermelon appetizer bites as you want.
- Place the watermelon appetizer bites on a clean plate, sprinkle some feta cheese and top with blueberries. Repeat to make as many watermelon feta blueberry appetizers as you want. Serve and enjoy!
You can also make these smaller by using a cookie cutter instead of an egg ring. I noticed that the kids easily enjoy the smaller bites while the adults love the big ones. Do what work for you and your family!
Double/reduce this recipe to make more/less depending on your need; this recipe only makes 4 big rings of watermelon appetizer or 12 small ones.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watermelon, Watermelon feta, Watermelon appetizer, 4th of July appetizer, Fruit appetizer, Red white and blue, Watermelon feta Blueberry, Watermelon recipe
CHECK OUT MORE WATERMELON & FETA RECIPES:
Blueberry Watermelon feta salad with a little drizzle of balsamic reduction is a perfect 4th of July menu! This salad is sweet, savory, and perfect for the summer! Use my citrus vinaigrette if you don’t fancy balsamic reduction.
Beetroot and Feta Salad, a super simple raw beetroot and feta cheese salad with lettuce, cucumber, avocado, and salmon; serve with creamy yogurt dressing!
Watermelon Lemonade: This immune-boosting and healthy watermelon lemonade is easy to make, and with only 3-ingredients – watermelon, lemon, and honey, you are all set!
More Healthy Homemade Juices for you:
- Infused Water Recipes for Glowing Skin
- Minty Carrots and Watermelon Juice
- Homemade Beet Juice
- Sugar-free Pineapple Cucumber Juice
- Celery Juice Recipe
- Carrot Juice for Good Skin
- Pomegranate Juice Recipe
- Homemade Grapefruit Juice
- Ginger and Turmeric Drink for Weight loss (on my Youtube channel)
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do. Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Share this recipe post, and SAVE/PIN THIS IMAGE ON PINTEREST! ⤵️
Thanks for stopping by! Please share this post with your family and friends! And don’t forget to let me know when you make this recipe!