Have you heard about nature’s cereal yet? Typically, I don’t bother about TikTok food trends, but nature’s cereal viral trend caught me because it was ah-mazing! I love it; my kids loved it; I was like WOW! What a genius idea to add natural fruits in a bowl, add coconut water, and walah – A Healthy “CEREAL” bowl! This would make a perfect low-calorie breakfast option.
Now let’s backtrack a bit, in case if you haven’t heard: nature’s cereal is the viral TikTok fruit cereal bowl made up of fruits and coconut water! Nature’s Cereal Tiktok original trend was started by @natures_foood! This trend was made famous by Lizzo; since then, countless of people have tried this fruit cereal bowl revolution! And here we are; I hope you, too, can give this super easy and refreshing natural cereal idea a try! Nothing against fruity loops, fruit Peebles, Trix swirls (the “fake fruit” cereals, you know), but, this one is the real deal.Delight yourself with nature's cereal; add your favorite berries and fruits to a bowl, pour some coconut water, and enjoy! You won't believe the refreshing goodness of this fruit cereal! Click To Tweet
The Best thing about Nature’s Cereal (TikTok Trend):
I love this recipe for several reasons listed below; on the other hand, there’s nothing not to love about this fruit cereal bowl!
- It is refreshing: this was refreshing and satisfying. The coconut water nailed this recipe!
- Delightful: nature’s cereal is a delight, and I mean this from my heart! Each time I make this, I don’t want it ever to finish.
- Easy to make; making a healthy recipe cannot be easier than this!
- Fruits in their natural state: NOTHING PROCESSED!
- Breakfast option; this can make an easy peasy healthy and satisfying breakfast!
- Healthy summertime dessert: serve this as a healthy and light summertime dessert! Personally, I hope to enjoy this fruit cereal all-year-round, so, I will say “every time dessert.”
- Low calorie; Such a low calorie treat everyone can enjoy.
- Kids-friendly: my kids enjoy it nature’s cereal the first time I made it, and subsequently! They usually start with the fruit they love, which is blueberry.
- You can customize it as you wish; the original @natures_food nature’s cereal comprises pomegranate seeds(arils), blackberries, blueberries, and coconut water. But the truth is that you can use the fruits you already love, eat and enjoy. In other words, make it your way!
Ingredients for Nature’s Cereal Fruit Bowl:
As I mentioned earlier, the ingredients to make the viral TikTok nature’s cereal recipe includes whatever fruits you wish to have. I used blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi (which is also a kind of berry), coconut water, and cantaloupe to make this fruit cereal. My love for melons knows no bound; I have some on hand and had to include it. There is nothing better than fresh coconut water; I have always felt that it tastes different from the store-bought coconut water. So I got a fresh coconut, cracked it open, and added the entire water to my nature’s cereal bowl.
How to Choose the Right Fresh Coconut:
This information is for you if you plan to use fresh coconut water to make nature’s cereal. Buying fresh coconuts from the grocery store can be tricky; here’s how I do it (pay attention to these three things): BTW, you can also get fresh coconuts from Amazon!
- Ensure that the coconut looks fresh and doesn’t have traces of mold (slimy or fuzzy).
- Shake the coconut close to your ear to hear the water, to make sure it has water. All coconut are not created equal; in other words, they do not have an equal amount of water. Also, when coconut stays out for longer, their water will begin to reduce/dry.
- Make sure that the coconut’s shell is still intact and not broken. This is because if the shell of the coconut is broken, it will affect the coconut water. It will smell a little foul and taste bad. And no longer suitable for consumption.
How to make Nature’s Cereal:
They say cooking healthy is not easy, and I say wait until you make nature’s cereal. To be honest, making this recipe may have just been the easiest and most straightforward thing on the planet.
- Gather the fruits you wish to use, and wash them properly. Add them to a clean bowl.
- Then add the coconut water, and finish with a couple of ice cubes. Enjoy! If using fresh coconut, remember to wash it well, scrub the skin to remove dirt. Use a penknife or a screwdriver to puncture the big eye hole, so that the water doesn’t splash. (watch the video to see how I did this)
Let’s Dig in:
Now you have made nature’s cereal, what next? ENJOY IT! I would serve this immediately; why wait, though? Alternatively, you can always prep the ingredients ahead and combine them when you are ready to eat. Add the ice cubes before eating because they do melt.
Benefits of Coconut Water:
Do you know that coconuts are actually considered to be fruits instead of nuts? Coconut water has several benefits, one of the reasons I think it is a perfect liquid for nature’s cereal!
- Coconut water can lower blood sugar.
- It supports heart health; it can lower blood cholesterol and help with decreasing fat in the liver.
- May reduce blood pressure; coconut water contains a good amount of potassium that can positively impact your blood pressure.
- Keep you hydrated; coconut is water but with tons of benefits. Excellent for hydration and replenishing energy!
Tips to Make the Most Refreshing Fruit/Nature’s Cereal:
- Use the fruits you love, and enjoy! Just like anything else, make this cereal for your enjoyment. You do not have to use berry if you don’t like berries.
- Add ice cubes to your nature’s cereal bowl.
- If possible, use fresh coconut water instead of store-bought.
- When buying coconut water from the store, please read the label to ensure it is 100% coconut water and no other added ingredients! Check this one out.
- If you do not want to use ice cubes, then chill your fruits before you make the cereal. You can equally cool the coconut water.
- Add some mint for freshness; I didn’t do this, but you can give it a try if you like naturally flavored water.
How to make Nature’s Cereal Recipe without coconut Water.
If you can’t stand coconut water or are allergic to it, or perhaps you just want to make the viral nature’s cereal without coconut water, I suggest using freshly squeezed fruit juices. I will try freshly squeezed orange juice, pineapple, apple, or cucumber juice. You can add a dash of lemon juice as well.
What is the best fruit for nature’s cereal recipe?
- Use the fruits you love, eat, and enjoy! Customize it as you wish.
Refreshing nature’s cereal is made with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, and coconut water. This viral TikTok fruit cereal is the ultimate hydration! You won’t believe the tastiness of this fruit cereal bowl!
The best thing is that this healthy recipe is easy! And did I mention that it is vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free, too?
- Gather the fruits you wish to use, and wash them properly. Add them to a clean bowl.
- Then add the coconut water, and finish with a couple of ice cubes. If using fresh coconut, remember to wash it well, scrub the skin to remove dirt. Use a penknife or a screwdriver to puncture the big eye hole. So that the coconut water doesn’t splash but gently comes out through there. (watch the video to see how I did this)
Most fresh coconuts in the grocery stores have had their outer skin already removed. This leaves you with breaking only the shell in other to get to the water. But if you have a fresh coconut that still has the outer skin, then the way to cut it open in other to get to the water will be a bit different! You may need a machete.
Ice cubes are optional but necessary.
When buying coconut water, please read the label to ensure you pay for 100% coconut water.
I always get fresh coconuts from my local grocery store, but, you can equally get it from Amazon!
Always puncture the big eye hole. Note that fresh coconut has three eyes.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: tiktok, nature's cereal, viral nature's cereal video, nature's cereal recipe, how to make tiktoks nature's cereal, how to make nature's cereal, how to make a fruit bowl, summertime dessert, dessert, fruit bowl, delicious fruit bowl recipe, coconut water with fruit recipe, coconut water, tiktok viral foods, viral tiktok natures, fruit cereal,
If you like this fruit cereal with coconut water, then you will enjoy my other health-improving juice recipes. Start with my homemade juices:
- Homemade Grapefruit Juice Recipe
- Sugar-free Pineapple juice
- Pomegranate juice
- Celery Juice (for celery juice cleanse)
- 3-Ingredients Watermelon Lemonade
- Carrot watermelon juice
- How to Seed Pomegranate
Did someone say Healthy Breakfast Recipes?
- Greek yogurt pancakes
- Avocado coconut smoothie.
- Immune-boosting citrus smoothie.
- Blueberry smoothie.
- Peach and strawberry smoothie.
- Creamy tropical smoothie.
- Healthy beet smoothie.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
Thanks for stopping by!