The Most Refreshing Minty Watermelon Carrot Drink Ever!
Back in Abuja Nigeria, we used to make homemade carrot drink; a blend of carrots, water, some lemon juice and a dash of honey, and I loved its freshness and lightweight.
Eventually, I expanded my carrot drink to now include other fresh summery fruits and veggies that I love. In the first place, I am a sucker for everything watermelon. I adore carrots, also I love me some mint, cucumber, and lemon as well; indeed this drink is a truly a combination of some of my favorite ingredients. In reality, though, this minty watermelon carrot drink has found its golden place in my heart; it is not going anywhere anytime soon. I love its invigorating, tangy, sweet and minty tastefulness.
A little confession: I love this drink so much that I started the merriment of the 2018 Mother’s Day celebration with this goodness in my hand and my laptop on the other hand. Because on “Mothers’ Days,” I usually enjoy my favorite things and put my legs up😊
In short, you can never go wrong with this my minty watermelon carrot freshness whether it’s Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Birthday, Graduation Day, Promotion day, summer picnic day, backyard babacue day, or just another regular day. For the most part, this drink is an instant enjoyment and refreshment to all that find it.
By all means, if you love watermelon, you will adore it, and if you don’t, then the cucumber, carrots, and minty taste will make you an instant fan. In other words, this is all you need to cool off the sun of the summer.
How to make Minty Watermelon Carrot Drink:
1. Watermelon; usually this would depend on the amount of drink you desire to make. You can modify this recipe according to your need. For almost a 32-oz, I would use 2 cups of (cut) watermelon
2. Cucumber is really great for this drink. You will enjoy coolness of cucumber this way even if it isn’t your cup of tea. ½ a cup of cuccumber is perfect.
3. Carrot is super nutritious and high in beta-carotene, vitamin K, some fiber and other antioxidants. For the quantity of drink mentioned earlier, you will need about 3/4 cup of cut carrots. You can definitely reduce to just ½ cup.
4. Mint leaves; in effect to make this drink minty you will need to use mint leaves. And three mint leaves will do the job. Mint is a good source of protein (who would have thought?). It also contains Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Folate, etc.
5. Honey (optional). I personally love to add a teaspoon or half of honey for extra sweetness.
6. Ginger; I love the taste of ginger, and how it compliments this drink. 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger is perfect for that zesty tasting minty watermelon carrot cucumber drink. You can replace this with a ½ teaspoon of ground ginger if you so desire. (I wouldn’t use both at the same time).
7. Finally you will need some water as you blend everything up. About 1 cup of water would be perfect.
And if you are ready let’s make your new favorite drink!
May I extend to you a special invitation to join me on this culinary journey experience as I share them first hand in my Facebook group. In Kechi’s kitchen community, we inspire each other to live out our best life without judgment and resentment. I also have excellent light and lovely recipes am sure you will enjoy. When you join me FREE, you will also get exclusive recipes, wellbeing tips, and other hacks!
One More Thing: Please share this post with your friend and family, and everyone you know. Am sure they will enjoy this drink too!
*Some links on this post are affiliates. Meaning I (don’t) make tons of bucks when you make a purchase using them so that you know:)