Refreshing Minty Watermelon Carrot Drink.
This Minty watermelon carrot drink is refreshing, nourishing and invigorating! An easy to make healthy drink with carrots, watermelon, cucumber and mint leaves. I love the freshness of mint in this watermelon carrot juice but, it is totally optional!
Back in Abuja Nigeria, we used to make homemade carrot drink; a blend of carrots, water, some lemon juice and a dash of honey, and I loved its freshness and lightweight. Eventually, I expanded my carrot drink to now include other fresh summery fruits and veggies that I love. In the first place, I am a sucker for everything watermelon. I adore carrots, also I love me some mint, cucumber, and lemon as well; indeed this drink is a truly a combination of some of my favorite ingredients. In reality, though, this minty watermelon carrot drink has found its golden place in my heart; it is not going anywhere anytime soon. I love its invigorating, tangy, sweet and minty tastefulness.
A little confession: I love this drink so much that I started the merriment of the 2018 Mother’s Day celebration with this goodness in my hand and my laptop on the other hand. Because on “Mothers’ Days,” I usually enjoy my favorite things and put my legs up😊
In short, you can never go wrong with this my minty watermelon carrot freshness whether it’s Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Birthday, Graduation Day, Promotion day, summer picnic day, backyard babacue day, or just another regular day. For the most part, this drink is an instant enjoyment and refreshment to all that find it.
By all means, if you love watermelon, you will adore it, and if you don’t, then the cucumber, carrots, and minty taste will make you an instant fan. In other words, this is all you need to cool off the sun of the summer.
How to make Minty Watermelon Carrot Drink:
1. Watermelon; usually this would depend on the amount of drink you desire to make. You can modify this recipe according to your need. For almost a 32-oz, I would use 2 cups of (cut) watermelon
2. Cucumber is really great for this drink. You will enjoy coolness of cucumber this way even if it isn’t your cup of tea. ½ a cup of cuccumber is perfect.
3. Carrot is super nutritious and high in beta-carotene, vitamin K, some fiber and other antioxidants. For the quantity of drink mentioned earlier, you will need about 3/4 cup of cut carrots. You can definitely reduce to just ½ cup.
4. Mint leaves; in effect to make this drink minty you will need to use mint leaves. And three mint leaves will do the job. Mint is a good source of protein (who would have thought?). It also contains Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Folate, etc.
5. Honey (optional). I personally love to add a teaspoon or half of honey for extra sweetness.
6. Ginger; I love the taste of ginger, and how it compliments this drink. 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger is perfect for that zesty tasting minty watermelon carrot cucumber drink. You can replace this with a ½ teaspoon of ground ginger if you so desire. (I wouldn’t use both at the same time).
7. Finally you will need some water as you blend everything up. About 1 cup of water would be perfect.
And if you are ready let’s make your new favorite drink!Print
Whether you are planning on entertaining your immediate family or welcoming guest, this minty watermelon, carrot and cucumber drink is perfect. Both nutritious and delicious! A must try, serve with ice for the bestest tates!
- 2 cups of watermelon
- ¾ cup of cut carrot
- ½ cup of cut cucumber
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1-tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 cup of water
- 1-teaspoon honey (optional, didn’t add it to mine)
- Place the ingredients into your blender, not a food processor. I love my blender (affiliate link). Be sure to add the 1 cup of water as well.
- Blend it up until everything is smooth; now don’t blend it too long to avoid it becoming a sauce.
- Place your drainer in a bowl and pour your juicy goodness through, gently separating the pulp from the drink. You can stir or press the pulp inside the drainer to get out all the “juice.”
- Woo-hoo! Your minty watermelon cucumber lightweight drink is ready. This recipe makes about 32 -oz that is 4 (8 oz. cups/jars). This drink is best enjoyed with ice.
You can use a “juicer” instead of a blender, and it would come out perfectly fine. You will probably need more ingredients for that. But personally, I love to make this drink the old fashion way.
This recipe makes about 32 -oz that is 4 (8 oz. cups/jars). This drink is best enjoyed with ice.
- Category: Drink
- Cuisine: Nigerian Cuisine Inspired
WANT MORE HEALTHY JUICES? CHECK ‘EM OUT:
- Healthy Carrot Juice
- Homemade Beet Juice
- Sugar-free Pineapple Cucumber Juice
- Celery Juice Recipe
- Pomegranate Juice Recipe
- Homemade Grapefruit Juice
- Ginger and Turmeric Drink for Weight loss (on my Youtube channel)
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, you are not charged more for using these links, but I make little coins when you do.
Finally, let’s connect on social media, am on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Thanks for stopping by! Please share this post with your family and friends! And don’t forget to let me know when you make this recipe!