The perfect treat for fall is here with my healthy pumpkin bread! Made with fresh pumpkin puree, it is as nutritious as it is delicious. It’s ideal for breakfast, dessert, or even as a snack! This recipe takes healthy ingredients and turns them into a quick bread that’s got all that pumpkin-spiced flavor for fall. Plus, pumpkin is great for good heart health and is loaded with vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
- Grease. You’ll start by greasing your loaf pans and then adding parchment paper to them. The parchment makes it much easier to get out of the pan later on.
- Mix. You’ll add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix, and set them aside. In a separate bowl, add all the wet ingredients. First, put in the fresh pumpkin puree, and then add the eggs, oil and vanilla. Use a whisk to combine those.
- Combine. Now that you have the dry ingredients combined in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another, it’s time to combine them. You’ll pour the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and mix them with your spatula.
- Pour batter into bread pans. When the batter is ready, you’ll pour it into your awaiting loaf pans.
- Bake. Now you’ll bake up this deliciousness, which should take 40 to 50 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center, and if it comes out clean, your pumpkin bread is ready.
- Cool. It’s hard to be patient with heavenly smells like these, but wait at least 10 minutes for your healthy pumpkin bread to cool before you cut into it.
I chose coconut sugar instead of brown sugar to keep this healthier, but you can use brown sugar if that’s what you have.
If you don’t have time to make fresh pumpkin puree yourself, you can use the canned stuff. However, DO NOT use pumpkin pie filling. That stuff is seasoned and will alter the taste.
Make sure you bake this pumpkin bread fully. Check with the toothpicks to make sure it has completely cooked through.
If you want to sub out the coconut sugar, do not use any liquid sweeteners like honey or maple syrup because it will affect the outcome.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Bread, Pumpkin, Pumpkin bread, Quick bread, Bread recipe, baking, Fall bread, Healthy Pumpkin Bread, Fresh pumpkin purée