TikTok’s new viral food trend is pasta chips, aka chips made with pasta. Pasta chips are crispy, crunchy, tasty, and irresistibly satisfying! Kind of hard to explain until you try! These chips are made with cooked (boiled) pasta, seasoned with parmesan cheese, EVOO, black pepper, chopped fresh parsley, onion & garlic powder, and then baked to perfection inside the oven!
You can equally air fry them if you do have the Air Fryer. I served my pasta chips with a cheesy dip, and you need strong willpower to prevent yourself from not finishing them! Uniquely, these oven-baked pasta chips are delicious and are perfect appetizers or snacks for any occasion. Trust me when I say that these chips are worth your time!
½ pack of Rigatoni pasta box (about 8 ounces) or about 5 Lasagna sheets.
¼ cup of parmesan
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of EVOO
Salt to taste
For the dipping sauce:
1 tablespoon of butter
¼ cup of heavy cream
¼ cup milk (any type; I used whole milk)
About 3 oz of cheddar cheese; or add until the sauce thickens to your idea consistency)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions (maybe one minute less) and drain the water. Cook al dente; I cooked my lasagna sheets for 7 minutes. Make sure to salt the pasta water heavily.
- Gently remove lasagna sheets and lay them on the cutting board. Cut the lasagna to your desired shapes. I typically cut one lasagna sheet into 6.
- While the pasta is still on the cutting board, add the seasonings – olive oil, parmesan cheese, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chopped parsley. Use your hand to combine while wearing a glove. Ensure that all the pasta is covered in the seasoning.
- Place the baking rack on the baking sheet.
- Lay or arrange the seasoned lasagna chips on a single layer on the baking rack. Do not overlap.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until crisp and golden. Check the chips after the first 10 minutes, and flip for even baking. Finish baking for another 8 – 10 minutes or at your desired doneness! Enjoy with your loved ones!
- To make the cheesy dipping sauce:
- Set a clean pan on the stove.
- Add the butter and allow it to melt, then add the heavy cream and milk. When it starts bubbling, lower the heat and add the cheese while gently stirring.
- Thicken with more cheese or thin out with milk.
- Pour into a small container and garnish with more cheddar cheese and chopped parsley. Serve pasta chips while the sauce is still warm and cheesy. Enjoy!
If the cheese dipping sauce becomes too thick, thin it out with milk.
Keep eyes on these chips; they can burn easily especially the lasagna chips.
Use a “finger food” kind of pasta for this recipe, such as rigatoni, rotini, bowtie, lasagna, etc.
The nutrition info on the card is for the lasagna chips.
The cheesy dipping sauce was used for both the lasagna and rigatoni. Reduce the quantity as needed if making only one set of pasta chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pasta, Pasta Chips, TikTok Pasta Chips, TikTok Trend, Homemade chips, Lasagna Chips, chips with pasta