Easy peasy beet strawberry smoothie is healthy, wholesome, refreshing, beautiful with a pinky-purple color, and satisfyingly delicious! This healthy smoothie recipe requires only 5 ingredients! Fresh beet (beetroot), strawberries, yogurt, banana, and orange juice. If you have never tried a beet and strawberry combo before, you are indeed in for a treat!
- 1 cup of freshly cut/chopped beets (beetroot)
- I cup frozen strawberry
- I cup low-fat yogurt (or full fat yogurt)
- ½ of a whole banana (frozen); (I usually prefer frozen but you can use fresh)
- ½ cup of orange juice.
- Step one: Prep the vegetables and fruits. First, wash, and cut the strawberries, then freeze them. Do the same for the bananas. Note that strawberries and bananas are better if frozen (in this recipe). You can do this several day ahead. On the other hand, you can also use them fresh (without freezing)!
- Step two: Gather the ingredients on the day you wish to make beet strawberry smoothie. First, wash, peel and cut the beet (beetroot) into smaller chunks to fit your blender. Measure the yogurt and orange juice! Then get the frozen strawberry and bananas.
- Step three: Add all the ingredients into the blender. When adding the ingredients into the blender, start with the liquid first. (Check my video)!
- Step four: Blend. Blend the ingredients (in the blender) until smooth and creamy. Your beet strawberry smoothie is then ready to enjoy!
- Step five: Serve. Serve the smoothie in a cup or jar. Slide in a straw if need be; enjoy! This smoothie is best if enjoyed immediately.
Best enjoyed immediately; do not save for later.
This recipe serves two adults. It can serve 3 – 4 children.
Use beet strawberry smoothie to replace a breakfast!
Not a fan of strawberries? Use blueberries instead.
To get the best out of this smoothie, use frozen strawberries and bananas. Though fresh would work, I do not recommend it. Also, I typically buy fresh strawberries and bananas and freeze them.
This very recipe makes two servings of 12 oz. jar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Beets, Beets Recipe, Beet Smoothie, Immune-boosting Smoothie, Healthy smoothie, Summer Smoothie, Summer drink, Vegetable drink, Breakfast Smoothie