Delicious, nutritious, and easy-to-make air fryer sweet potato cubes are the best side dish. In just 15 minutes, your air fryer renders these bite-sized sweet potato pieces into heavenly bits. They’re crispy on the outside while having that soft and tender inside. Perfect with any meal or enjoyed as a snack. Easily seasoned with pantry spice for a savory flavor you’ll love. Plus, sweet potatoes are healthy, and this recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and sugar-free!
- 3 Big or medium Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil (or add as needed)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ – 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or less)
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme (or fresh or rosemary)
- ½ teaspoon bouillon (optional; I used almost ½ tsp)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Avocado oil spray (optional)
- Prep the potatoes. You’ll start by washing and peeling your sweet potatoes. Then you’ll cut them into cubes. Try to keep the cubes at about the same size because you want them to cook evenly.
- Season cubed sweet potatoes. Once your potatoes are prepped, put them in a big bowl with the other ingredients. You can then stir it together with a spatula or get into it with your hands which is a bit messier.
- Get the air fryer ready. Preheating is always the best idea for your air fryer. It ensures the most even cooking. For this recipe, you’ll want it set to 350F, and the time is 15 minutes. The air fryer will make a beeping sound after it’s preheated.
- Start air frying sweet potatoes. Once the air fryer is preheated, put parchment paper at the bottom and add your seasoned potatoes. Spread out the potatoes for even cooking. Make sure you flip them halfway through the cooking time; spray avocado oil spray if needed!
- Serve and enjoy! And when they’re ready, serve them. They go great with just about any main dish you can think of!
Don’t skip the preheat. Just like with an oven, you want to preheat your air fryer.
Use parchment paper. Yes, it can go in an air fryer, and it really makes a difference for cleanup too. Though you can make these sweet potato cubes without the parchment paper, I like the texture/outcome when I do use parchment. So, I highly recommend it.
Want them crisper? Add more time to crisp as you desire. Usually, after air frying for 15 minutes, and if I want the cubed potatoes to crisp up more, then I will remove the parchment, and air fry them for another 2 – 3 minutes.
Size matters. When it comes to the potato cubes, keeping them at roughly the same size will prevent you from having any pieces that aren’t fully cooked.
Please do not overcrowd the potatoes because they could become soggy. You want crisp edges and tender inside. I suggest cooking in batches if you have a small air fryer.
If the potatoes are not crisping up as you want them to, increase the temperature to 375F. You could air fry them for up to 20 minutes to crisp up to your preference. However, keep your eyes on them; I air-fried these for 17 minutes exactly. On the other hand, when I make a small quantity, they cook for 12 minutes.
Sweet potatoes like oil; ensure to spray avocado oil spray in between cooking.
After combining the sweet potatoes and the seasonings, taste and adjust flavors if necessary before air frying.
Add seasoning to your preference; add more or less depending on how you like your baked potatoes.
Want more? Double the recipe. But remember, you’ll have to cook them in batches. Putting too many in at once will keep them from cooking evenly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Sweet potatoes, Baked sweet potatoes, Potatoes, Air fryer Sweet potatoes Recipe, #sweetpotatorecipe