Silky red beet puree, aka beetroot puree, is simply a recipe of pureed cooked beets, coconut milk, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper. Red beet puree is sweet, savory, flavorful, colorful, and comes with a perfect kick of freshness from the fresh raw garlic. Red beet puree recipe is easy to make; easily peel and cut up a couple of raw red beets, boil to soften, and then blend the boiled beets to become creamy and smooth! Healthy beet side dish is ready in less than 40 minutes. Serve pureed beets with salmon, meat, or any choice of main.
- 4 cups of fresh (peeled) chopped beet (beetroot); I measured after peeling and chopping.
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional; for boiling the beets)
- 2 – 3 bay leaves (optional; boiling the beets)
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme (or boiling the beets)
For blending the beets:
- Step one: wash, peel and cut the beets.
- Step two: add beet to a pot and add salt (if using it), bay leaves, and dry thyme. Then add water (to cover the beets).
- Step three: cover and cook beets until fork tender.
- Step four: drain the water or use a slotted spoon to scoop cooked beets into the blender. Discard the bay leaves. Add the coconut milk, fresh raw garlic, a dash of salt and pepper.
- Step one: blend until smooth and creamy! Taste and adjust the seasoning
This recipe can serve 2 – 4 people as a side dish. Two adults can also eat it as a main.
If you added salt when boiling, be careful not to add too much when blending them. Always start with a tiny dash of salt and add more if need be.
You can boil the beets without peeling and then peel before blending. However, I found it easier to peel before cutting and cooking. Nevertheless, do what works for you!
Check out my salmon recipe made in the air fryer, and serve this with it!
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #Beet #Beetpuree #Pureedbeet #Gardenbeet #Beetrootpuree #pureedbeetrot #Beetsidedish #Beets #beetrecipe #vegetablesidedish Beet, Beet puree, Beetroot puree, garden beet, homemade beet puree, beet recipes