Healthy and fresh blueberry watermelon feta salad recipe with balsamic reduction is refreshingly sweet, savory, and easy to make! The best part about this recipe is that it comes together so fast and is equally cheap with readily available ingredients! This easy watermelon salad needs only four main ingredients – fresh watermelon, fresh blueberries, feta cheese, and fresh mint leaves.
Look no further for an easy nutritious watermelon salad recipe for summer picnics or potlucks. This blueberry watermelon feta salad is equally excellent for Memorial Day or July 4th red, white and blue patriotic recipes!
Watermelon (1 – 2 cups or as you wish)
½ cup of blueberries (or as needed)
¼ cup feta cheese
2 cups of mixed greens (optional but highly recommended; I used half and half of spring mix & baby spinach)
2 Teaspoons – 1 tablespoon of balsamic reduction
1 – 2 sprigs of mint leaves (as necessary)
- Wash the watermelon very well. Possibly, scrub it down, then dry with a paper towel before peeling and cutting. Cut in cubes, and use as much as you want. I used about 2 cups.
- Wash the blueberries, and dry off excess water using a paper towel.
- Clean/wash, trim or cut the greens (if using some); if your greens come triple-washed, you do not need to wash them. Suppose you do have to wash the greens; please dry excess water with a paper towel. I typically do not bother to cut my greens. But do as you desire!
- To assemble the salad; Layer the bottom of your clean salad bowl with the greens.
- Add the watermelon cubes on top of the salad greens (as much as you want)
- Throw in the blueberries (I used about half a cup)
- Then sprinkle the feta cheese.
- Throw in a couple of mint leaves; this is optional, but I highly recommend it as it adds tons of flavors. At this time, you can leave this watermelon salad or take it to the next with a sprinkle of balsamic reduction.
- Finally sprinkle 1 – 2 teaspoons of balsamic glaze. I find one tablespoon to be enough! Enjoy with friends and family! To be honest, this recipe can be one or two servings as you wish! Share with a loved one or eat it alone. 🤣
If you intend to add salad greens as I did, ensure to serve and enjoy asap. You don’t want the salad leaves to get mushy or wilted.
Use fresh blueberries for this salad recipe and all fresh watermelon and fresh mint leaves! It makes a difference.
Make balsamic reduction with my recipe, here’s how to easily make yours with only one ingredient.
You can substitute blueberry with blackberry in this salad. WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW I MADE THIS RECIPE.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: cutting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Watermelon feta salad, summer salad, watermelon recipe, blueberry salad, red white blue salad, watermelon feta salad, Memorial Day Recipe, Independence Day Recipe, Summertime recipe, balsamic reduction, feta cheese salad,