Homemade healthy freezer breakfast burritos are easy to make, tasty, and perfect for breakfast meal prep! These freezer breakfast burritos are packed with nutritious ingredients you will love, such as leafy greens, turkey sausage, eggs, and cheese! This will save you the hassle of figuring out what’s for breakfast on busy mornings! Healthy freezer breakfast burritos will help you start your day right as well as keep you full, energized, and satisfied.
- 1 (16 oz) or 1lb turkey sausage
- 6 Low-carb soft tortilla wraps (I use this one from Mission called “carb balance”)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup or about 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
- 2 cups of mixed greens or baby spinach
Ingredients for prepping the turkey sausage:
- 1 tablespoon of EVOO
- ¼ dry thyme
- ½ onion powder
- ¼ garlic powder
- ¼ black pepper
- A dash of bouillon powder or Maggi (or as needed)
- A dash of salt
Ingredients for Scrambling the Eggs:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 of ground black pepper (or as needed)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or as need)
- ½ teaspoon Bouillon powder or Maggi
- PREP THE SAUSAGE. Place a clean pan on the stove and set to medium, add the olive oil, and allow to heat up. And add the turkey sausage, use a wooden to break down. Season with thyme, onion and garlic powder, bouillon, pepper, and salt. Adjust the seasoning as needed and cook until done and no longer pink. Then set it aside.
- SCRAMBLE THE EGGS. Crack all the eggs into a big bowl that would fit, add the ingredients for seasoning the eggs and the heavy cream. Use a whisk and mix well together until completed blended.
- Place a clean non-stick pan on the stove, set to low. Add the butter, and allow to warm up just a little. Then pour the egg mixture, and be patient. Gently move the eggs around using a silicone spatula. The eggs would eventually begin to set, cook (to your desire), and set aside. Do not overcook the scrambled eggs; the outcome should be soft, moist, and tender.
- ASSEMBLE HEALTHY FREEZER BREAKFAST BURRITOS: Place a tortilla wrap on a clean surface or chopping board, layer with some greens. Make sure to spread thin, and keep them in the middle.
- Pile up some of the turkey sausages onto the leafy greens (a little less/more as you prefer)
- Add some of the scrambled eggs on top of the sausage, and finally top with cheese.
- WRAP BREAKFAST BURRITOS: To wrap the burritos, first, fold in the sides. Then, use the flap to roll over, continue until the entire wrap is secured. Finally, use a sandwich wrapping paper to wrap and keep in the freezer. Make sure to watch the video to see the whole picture. It gets easier when you see it in real-time.
- Repeat the process to assemble and wrap all the burritos. Store these healthy freezer breakfast burritos in the freezer for the best result! This recipe makes 6 – 8 breakfast burritos.
- WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (start from 13.40) ⬇️
Do not overcook the eggs.
You can swap turkey sausage with regular pork sausage. Turkey sausage indeed makes these burritos healthier. However, pork sausage is higher in calories and sodium.
I used mozzarella, but you use any Cheese of choice. Though I personally prefer melty cheeses in this recipe!
When reheating, do not overcook, and dry up the moistness and juiciness of these breakfast burritos!
Best to make in batch because you spend almost the amount of time!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast, freezer breakfast, healthy freezer breakfast burritos, burritos, healthy breakfast, freezer meals, #Breakfastburritos #Freezerfriendlyburritos #Freezermeals #healthyfreezerbreakfasts #makeaheadbreakfasts #Healthyfreezerbreakfastburritos