Chicken fajitas in an air fryer may be the best possible way to cook this tex-mex meat and vegetable dish. It is juicy, tender, tasty, and cooks in no time. The part is that clean-up is easy peasy! This fun, flavorful and colorful healthy air fryer chicken breast fajitas make a perfect lunch or dinner any time! Serve these on tortillas, rice bowls, or just eat as is! YUM!
Garnish healthy chicken fajitas with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, pico de gallo, cheese, tomatoes, or chopped cilantro.
- 2 Chicken breast or 1 lb. of chicken breast
- 1 big red bell pepper
- 1 big yellow bell pepper
- 1 big green bell pepper
- 1 avocado for guacamole and (plus more) garnish
- ½ an onion (any color; I used white today)
- 2 tablespoons of Avocado oil or Olive oil
Ingredients for Seasoning this Healthy Chicken Breast Fajitas:
- 2 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 small Maggi cube/1 teaspoon or 1 teaspoon of Knorr chicken seasoning)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or less; always use salt according to your preference)
- ½ teaspoon of dry thyme
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin (I skip this sometimes)
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (if you can stand the heat; I typically skip it because of the kids).
- Or you can skip this list and simply use about 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning or fajita seasoning if you have that available.
- Step one: Wash/clean and Cut the Veggies and Chicken Breast. First, wash the bell peppers as well as the chicken. Then slice the bell peppers and cut the chicken breast into thin strips; this helps for quick cooking. See the photos below.
- Step two: Season the Fajitas. Add the sliced veggies and chicken breast into a big bowl. First, sprinkle the avocado oil or olive oil. Then sprinkle the seasoning and use a tong or a clean hand to combine. Ensure the seasoning touches every vegetable and chicken.
- Step three: Air Fry Chicken Fajitas. First, set the air fryer to 16 minutes at 350 degrees and preheat. Then place the well-seasoned chicken breast and veggies in the air fryer basket and cook. Stir after 6 – 7 minutes. Cook for another 7 minutes, and it is ready.
- Step four: Ensure chicken is fully cooked. Check if chicken is ready by cutting one chicken strip in the middle to ensure it’s no longer pink! Also, you can simply insert a food thermometer into the thickest chicken strip and make sure it reads 165.
- Step five: Prep the Guac. Easily make the guacamole using this simple recipe. Alongside guacamole, we like to top fajitas with a dollop of sour cream. Usually, I combine equal quantities of sour cream and plain Greek yogurt with a dash of salt, pepper, and sweetener instead of plain sour cream. But do you.
- Step six: Serving Fajitas. Typically, I serve this healthy air fryer chicken breast fajitas on tortillas. This is most people eat it. Also, you can enjoy them as is. My current obsession is to serve these air fryer chicken breast fajitas on fresh, crisp lettuce leaves! Finish with a drop of guacamole or sour cream (mixture) and avocado slices. I hope you make this recipe and enjoy it as you please!
The tortillas are not included in the nutrition calculations. Also, you can use any tortilla of choice; I typically go with whole wheat “carb balance” from “Mission,” which is only 5gram net carb and keto-friendly.
Keep eyes on this while they air fry; it could cook quicker depending on how thin you cut them. Do not allow these to overcook.
Use any colors of pepper you have.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: #fajitas #airfryerfajitas #airfryerrecipes #healthyfajitas healthy fajitas recipe, air fryer recipe, chicken recipe, tex-mex cuisine, air fryer fajitas, chicken fajitas, easy lunch, weekday dinners