Delightful air fryer pear recipe (aka, air fryer baked pears or air fryer roasted pears) is like traditional oven-roasted pears BUT without the excessive unhealthy calories. Turn a simple fresh bosc pear into an exotic fruit dessert that you and your family will enjoy! Baking pear in an air fryer is easier done than said; you end up with cinnamon-y caramelized soft-baked pears that smell and taste amazing! After baking the pears in the air fryer, top with a scoop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of granola. Serve baked pear for breakfast, dessert, or snack!
- 1 Fresh Pear; (I used Bosc pears)
- 1 teaspoon butter (I used Kerrygold)
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (I like this brand)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup of Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of Granola (I used grain-free granola)
- Step one: prep the pear. Wash the pear(s) and dry with paper towels. Cut the pear in half, and gently use a spoon or melon baller to remove the core. Brush or rub melted butter on all the cut sides. Sprinkle a dash of salt. Then mix the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon; generously spread on the cut side of the pear. Ensure every cut side is covered with cinnamon and sugar mix. See photos inside the post.
- Step two: air fry pears. Set the air fryer to 375 and preheat. Then place pears cut side up in the air fryer basket and the air fryer for 15 minutes without turning, use fork to check tenderness. If you want the baked pears to be crunchy, then do not bake them for up to 15 minutes.
- Step three: allow cooling before serving. Air fryer pear is hot and can easily bun after cooking. Allow cooling for at least 2-3 minutes before serving or touching. As always, handle all hot food with care.
- Step four: serve air-fried pears. Scoop ¼ cup of Greek yogurt into each pear halves, sprinkle some granola, and enjoy! Feel free to add some fresh fruits if needed.
Add nutmeg for more flavors.
If you don’t have coconut sugar, use brown sugar!
I don’t see the need to turn/flip the pears while cooking in the air fryer.
Use any topping of choice.
I like really caramelized and soft baked pears; if you want crunchy pears, I suggest reducing the temperature and time. Also, keep your eyes on them and remove them if they reach your level of doneness.
Air fried pears are better served warm.
I do not recommend storing the leftover in the freezer.
This recipe serves two people (double for more people)!
You can skip the yogurt for some whipped cream or ice cream!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #Pears #airfryerpears #fruitdessert #healthydessert #bakedpears #grilledpears baked fruit, fruit dessert, fruit and yogurt, granola,