Easy to make healthy charcuterie board is vegetarian (no meat) and more nutritious than most cheese boards. Packed with summer fruits, brined veggies, dried fruits, and nuts, this is the only vegetarian charcuterie board recipe you will ever need! The best thing about a charcuterie board is that it is very customizable, so a charcuterie at BBQs, picnics, parties, and gatherings is a great idea!
If you are looking for a 4th of July charcuterie board or summer charcuterie board idea, I got you! This board has the perfect red, white and blue patriotic colors to celebrate American Independence.
FRUITS & VEGETABLES:
- 2 cups whole strawberries
- ¾ – 1 cup of blueberries
- 2 slices of watermelon (use a cookie cutter and cut them into stars or as you wish)
- 12 baby cucumber pickles
- 6 oz of medium size pitted olives
- 11 whole sweet cherries
- 4 oz of fresh green grapes
CRACKERS & BREAD:
NUTS & DRIED FRUITS:
- 23 cashew nuts (roasted; about 1 – 2 oz)
- 35 almonds nuts (roasted; about 1/3 cup)
- 13 dried apricots (½ – 1 cup)
- 12 dried prunes (pitted; about ½ cup)
- 3 oz of sharp aged cheddar (I used Kerrygold because it is grass-fed)
- 3 oz of Grand cru cheese (this is similar to a gruyere cheese)
- ¼ cup homemade Romesco sauce
- ¼ grape jam
- Step one: Gather the ingredients. Get all the ingredients you wish to add to your healthy charcuterie. Typically, the number of ingredients will depend on the number of people you will serve. Be sure to wash all fresh fruits and vegetables and pat dry before using.
- Step two: Cut the cheeses. Use a cookie cutter or any other shape cutter to cut the cheeses, fruits, or veggies as you wish. Alternatively, you can buy precut cheeses for this occasion. I went ahead and cut the watermelon in stars.
- Step three: Arrange the charcuterie ingredients on a wooden board. Place all the ingredients on a charcuterie wooden board or tray. I like using my beautiful wooden board; however, any wooden board or tray would work.
- Step four: Serve the healthy charcuterie. When ready to serve, take a varying amount of different ingredients from the cheese board and enjoy. NOTE: be mindful of the calories as they add up real fast!
Use the fruits and vegetables that are in season.
To keep your patriotic cheese board budget-friendly, use less meat! Listen, charcuterie meats are not that cheap.
Use the dried fruits and nuts that you already enjoy! If you don’t like pistachios, do not add them.
Make sure to use different shapes of cookie cutters to make fun shapes from the cheeses or watermelon.
A star will be a great shape to incorporate if making a patriotic charcuterie board. Cut out a star on a watermelon slice, strawberry, or cheese.
Add white, red, and blue ingredients to showcase the American colors.
You can buy a premade dip/spread/sauce to save time.
When serving, be mindful not to over load your plate as charcuteries can easily rake up calories. Serve lightly if using as a snack, appetizer or brunch.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: #charcuterie #healthycharcuterie #Vegetariancharcuterie charcuterie boards, charcuteries, appetizers, vegetarian charcuterie, Meatless cheese board, No meat charcuterie