A simple recipe of garlic butter shrimp cooked in the air fryer is buttery, flavorful, and satisfyingly delicious! All you need is a few ingredients alongside fresh garlic and a good quality butter. Then season the shrimp with the ingredients and melted butter, and simply air fry for less than 10 minutes. Air fryer garlic butter shrimp is the perfect weeknight or weekday recipe everyone will swoon over! This garlic butter shrimp is an excellent keto meal with low carbohydrate and high protein.
- 2 Cups Frozen Shrimp (allow to thaw)
- 2½ tablespoons of Butter (salted & melted); I used Kerrygold.
- 2 – 3 fresh garlic or Minced garlic
- ½ whole lemon or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of paprika (optional for color)
- 1 tipping teaspoon of Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Knorr boullion (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper (or add to your preference)
- A dash of salt (be mindful with salt if using salted butter)
- Avocado oil spray (for spraying the air fryer
- 2 tablespoons chopped Cilantro (optional; for garnishing)
- 1 Fresh lime (optional; for garnishing)
- Thaw and Clean the Shrimp. Before you start cooking, let the shrimp thaw completely overnight in the refrigerator. If you need to thaw the shrimp quickly, place the shrimp directly into a bowl of cold water. Thawing them in cold water should take about 25 minutes. Next, proceed to clean/devein the shrimp. Rinse thoroughly with running and pat dry with paper towels and set aside. If using already cleaned and deveined shrimps, skip the second step. Always properly clean your shrimp!
- Gather the Ingredients. Always better to have everything you need for the recipe on sight. Also, ensure that the shrimp is at room temperature. As mentioned earlier, paprika is optional, but I like the color it adds to this garlic butter shrimp recipe!
- Season Your Shrimp. Place clean shrimp into a clean bowl; grate in 2 – 3 cloves or add a teaspoon of minced garlic. Add paprika, garlic powder, a dash of salt, pepper, and chicken bouillon. Melt the butter in the microwave, and sprinkle about one tablespoon and half on the shrimp. Finally, add/squeeze in the lemon juice. While wearing gloves or using a spatula, combine; make sure the seasonings evenly coat all the shrimp. Set aside.
- Air Fry Garlic Butter Shrimp at 375 degrees for 7 – 8 minutes. Set the air fryer to 375 degrees, add 8 minutes, and preheat. The air fryer will make a beeping noise after preheating, and then it will be time to add the seasoned shrimp. First, spray the air fryer basket with the avocado oil spray. Then, place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Do not pack them tightly; spread shrimp out, so they all cook evenly. Air fry the garlic butter shrimp for about 7-8 minutes. You can toss them at the halfway point, but I usually don’t. Shrimp is ready when it turns pink or opaque.
- Garnish and serve! Dish/plate cooked shrimp in a serving plate. Sprinkle air-fried garlic butter shrimp with more melted butter (if desired) and cilantro (or any fresh herbs). Serve with tacos to make a complete meal, or use them as appetizers.
While the shrimp vein is edible, it can be disturbing to know it is the intestinal tract and contains the shrimp’s waste. You can leave it or remove it if you have time, but I prefer to remove it as the vein can be grainy and unpleasant.
Those who don’t have an air fryer can also make these garlic butter shrimp on a stovetop with a frying pan. To make them in the frying pan, season them, add them to a pan on medium-high heat, and let them cook until they are no longer translucent.
If you don’t want all the oil from making these shrimp in a frying pan, you can also make these shrimp in the oven. Simply place a baking rack on a sheet pan and place the seasoned shrimp on a single layer. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
You will know the shrimp is ready when the color changes from a translucent grey color to a solid pink and white color. Remove the shrimp from the air fryer as soon as they are ready, so they don’t overcook and get chewy.
Enjoy shrimp while they are still hot/warm.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: #Airfryershrimp #Garlicbuttershrimp #Shrimprecipe #Airfryerseafood #airfryerrecipes Shrimp Recipes, Garlic Butter Shrimp, Seafood, Quick meals, 20-minute meal