Elevate your next dish with this beautiful homemade chicken broth recipe! All you need to make this broth is chicken, vegetables, herbs and spices! Chicken broth is usually flavorful and, in most cases, serves as the base for making great tasting dishes.
- 3 Chicken breast (or any other chicken part)
- 1 bulb of onion or 1/2 (quartered)
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic (washed and peeled)
- ½ tablespoon of salt (or as necessary)
- ½ – 1 tablespoon of Bouillon/Knorr powder or Nigerian Maggi
- ½ tablespoon curry powder (or less)
- ½ tablespoon grated fresh ginger (ground ginger works)
- 2 or 3 bay leaves
- 1 – 2 sprigs of Rosemary or thyme (or ½ teaspoon of dry thyme or rosemary)
- 4 – 5 cups of fresh water.
Wash chicken add to the pot/pan (remember to wash your hands after handling poultry)
Wash and cut all vegetables. I prefer to quarter the onions. Wash the herbs as well!
Add the chicken to the pot and then add all the ingredients, finally add water. It should be enough to cover the entire chicken.
Cover and cook on medium-high for about 25 – 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. This time may fluctuate depending on the quantity of the chicken and whether they are bone-in.
Remove chicken, sieve broth for a clearer or transparent liquid.
Use immediately or store in the refrigerator or freezer suing appropriate containers.
Remember to wash your hands very thoroughly when you handle fresh poultry and meats.
Store in the freezer if you plan to keep your broth for more than three days.
Use your spoon to scoop off excess oil that settles on the top of the broth after cooking (if there is any). If you are not a fan of making homemade broths, then I recommend this broth.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Chicken, Chicken broth, Chicken stock, Soup, Broth