If you are looking for a healthy, nutritious, delicious, and kid-friendly vegetable snack, then this Zucchini and Cashew Nut Bites will make you happy. This snack would suit your craving for zucchini fritters and chicken nuggets, and it is absolutely perfect for every family member!
2 small/medium size zucchinis
1/2 cup of oats flour (I blended some old-fashioned oats and used it)
1/4 almond flour
1/3 cup of toasted cashew nuts
2 teaspoons onions powder
1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
Pepper to taste
Vegetable oil (to fry the bites; I used peanut oil)
Ingredients for Greek Yogurt Dip/Sauce:
2 tablespoons Plain Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoons Light Sour Cream
2 teaspoons honey (or little more according to your taste)
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Shred zucchini with a box shredder, and add to a bowl.
- Add salt to zucchini and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes or a little more; this way, the zucchini wilts, and excess moisture is removed from it.
- Then use your clean hands to squeeze all the water/moisture from the zucchini. Throw away the water.
- In a food processor, add the cashew nuts; process roughly. These cashews would end up giving these bites a meaty texture, so do not process to become very smooth or ground.
- While the cashews are in the food processor, add zucchini, oats flour, almond flour, egg, California love seasoning, pepper, garlic, and onions powder. Then gently process to combine. This paste should appear a bit soft but moldable.
- Set a clean pan on the stove, and add frying oil. Allow to heat up but do not overheat.
- Use a teaspoon measure to scoop dough/paste and use your clean hands to form it into a small ball. The shape won’t be perfect but will be ok in the oil.
- Drop one bite into the hot oil to see if it is hot enough. Fry until it turns golden (or light brown) and a little crunchy, keep eyes on these as they can quickly burn.
- Fry all the bites and serve with Greek yogurt sauce. You may likely not need the sauce, this is just a pick and go kind of snack.
Instructions for the Greek Yogurt Dip/Sauce
- Add all the ingredients into a small clean bowl
- Use a fork to mix
- Taste and adjust flavors, enjoy!
I partnered with Spice Tribe to create this recipe, so it is also available on their website.
The calorie calculation does not include the dip. Most times, we eat these without any dip or sauce.
I usually fry with peanut oil but can fry with your best frying oil.
The video tutorial just above this note will show you exactly how to make this Zucchini and cashew nut bites!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Gluten free snack, Healthy Snack recipe, vegetable snack , Zucchini snack, Vegetarian snack, Zucchini, Zucchini recipe, Fried Zucchini bites, Zucchini fritters, Zucchini nuggets,