This immune-boosting citrus smoothie is a blast! It is made with citrus, ginger, turmeric, yogurt, and other health-improving ingredients that your body needs. This cup of goodness hopes to keep you stay safe from viral infections.
- ½ – 1 whole orange
- ¼ whole lemon (if small then use up to ½)
- ¼ of whole grapefruit
- ½ cup of plant-based yogurt (but any yogurt works. I have used both dairy and dairy-free before)
- ½ cup of plant-based milk (I used almond)
- 1 small banana or half of big one; (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground/powdered turmeric or 1 teaspoon of fresh turmeric (this can also be optional)
- A dash of black pepper (necessary if you are using Turmeric; helps with its absorption)
- 1 clove of garlic (optional; ignore if you not keen about raw garlic)
- Wash all fruits (except the banana that is, of course, frozen).
- Peel the orange, grapefruit, and lemon. Dice into cubes to make them easy to blend.
- Start by adding the liquid first, almond milk or any plant-based milk, yogurt, then the orange, grapefruit, lemon, and banana. Add the ginger, turmeric and garlic as well.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with a slice of lime, or mint leaves, share with a loved one, and enjoy.
This recipe makes 2 cups or 16 oz
Feel free to add ice blocks as you wish.
You can also add garlic. I make it with garlic from time to time.
This smoothie is kid-friendly because my kids love it.
You may likely feel the pulp in this drink, and that’s ok.
This is a light, refreshing drink, if you desire for it to be thicker, please add more banana, and reduce plant-based milk. Also, double the recipe to make as much as you want.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Orange smoothie, summer smoothie, Immune support food, Citrus smoothie, Healthy Smoothie Recipe, Vitamin Smoothie, Immunity support, healing Smoothie