Easy + healthy sweet, and indulgent chocolate cherry smoothie is the perfect smoothie for any occasion. This chocolate cherry smoothie is a wholesome treat with a satisfying texture; it has the perfect blend of intense chocolate flavor, almond butter, and sweetness from the cherries and orange juice!
The best part is that this cherry smoothie contains only five ingredients! You’ll have this healthy smoothie ready for a delicious breakfast, snack, or healthy dessert in just a few simple steps!
- 1 overflowing cup of pitted frozen cherries (or about 1 & ½ cups)
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 cup of vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt
- A dash of Vanilla extract
- 4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate; melted
- 8 whole cherries (washed, patted with paper towels, and dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate)
- A small bar of semi-sweet chocolate for shaving
- Prep the cherries and bananas ahead of time. While this recipe is quick and easy, you will need to plan ahead before making it. Freeze your bananas and cherries. You can buy the cherries frozen, which will save you a step. Ensure the cherries and bananas are frozen at least a day or in advance.
- Get your chocolate-coated cherries ready. If you decide to use the optional ingredients, you will want to wash and pat dry 8 whole cherries. You will melt the semi-sweet chocolate and dip those cherries into it. Put them in the fridge to harden while you continue making the chocolate cherry smoothie.
- Fill your blender with cherry smoothie ingredients. You will want to add all the ingredients for this chocolate cherry smoothie into your blender, beginning with the liquid. I added them in the following order: orange juice, almond butter, raw cacao powder, frozen cherries, frozen bananas, and yogurt.
- Blend away. Once all ingredients have been added to the blender, power it on. You’ll want to blend it until it comes out smooth and creamy.
- Serve your smoothie. You can serve your chocolate cherry smoothie in glass cups or mason jars ASAP. The mason jars look extra pretty when you’re serving guests. Pour the smoothie into your chosen cups or jars and top with some of the chocolate-covered cherries on top. You can finish it off by shaving more semi-sweet chocolate on top too.
Please note the optional ingredients is not included in the recipe calculations.
This recipe makes enough for 2 to 3 servings.
You can make it any time of year though the cherry season is the best simply because they are much cheaper. If you can’t find fresh cherries to freeze, you can buy them in the frozen section.
Dipping whole cherries in melted chocolate is optional, but I highly recommend this step.
Yes, you can use fresh cherries and fresh bananas. However, the texture will not be as thick if you don’t freeze them first.
If you do use fresh cherries, be sure to remove the pits first!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Smoothie, Cherry smoothie, chocolate smoothie, #Chocolatecherrysmoothie, smoothie recipe, healthy smoothie