Acorn squash is a winter squash variety that is loaded with nutrition. It’s low in calories but full of fiber and deliciously hearty. This buttery air fryer roasted acorn squash recipe is flavorful, easy, and perfect for your holiday dinners. Need a quick and delicious side dish everyone will want to pile onto their plates? Air fryer roasted acorn squash is the answer you need! You can also bake fresh acorn squash in the oven if you do not have an air fryer! Baked acorn squash is the best fall side dish for the holidays!
- 2 Raw Acorn Squash or about 4 cups fresh raw acorn squash
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste (I use about 1/2 teaspoon)
- Parsley or Basil (optional for garnishing)
- a dash of Knorr Bouillon seasoning (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 – 2 teaspoon Honey (or as needed)
- A dash of salt and pepper.
- Wash. You’ll start by washing your acorn squash. Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Cut. Once washed peel and cut the acorn squash using a sharp chef’s knife. You’ll then want to cut it into cubes.
- Season. Put your acorn squash cubes into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and seasonings. Stir it together with a spatula to coat evenly.
- Preheat & Cook. Preheat the air fryer to 375F, add seasoned acorn squash to the preheated air fryer, and air fry for 16 – 18 minutes until fork tender. ENSURE To shake/turn mid-cooking.
- Finish (final optional step). You don’t have to do this optional step, though I highly recommend it. Melt butter and add dijon mustard, honey, salt, and pepper; mix and drizzle on the air fryer roasted acorn squash after baking (when they come out of the air fryer). Sprinkle chopped parsley and serve as the perfect fall side dish!
Use a sharp, strong chef’s knife.
Always preheat the air fryer. This ensures you cook the acorn squash evenly, and it starts cooking quickly.
Keep the cubes even. This is another way to ensure your pieces are all cooked to the same tenderness.
It’s easy to double this recipe for the holidays too. Just remember that you’ll need to cook them in batches.
The recipe calculation does not include optional ingredients.
This is my air fryer. I have had it for the last 2 years plus!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Squash, Acorn squash, winter squash, Fall Recipes, Thanksgiving,