This 4-ingredient spring mix salad with air fryer chicken breast and apple cider vinaigrette is fresh, flavorful, and easy to make. You need spring mix salad greens, air fryer chicken breast, air fryer boiled eggs, and avocado. This spring mix salad recipe is a healthy keto/low-carb salad recipe you need in your arsenal. It is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and perfect for meal prep. You can prep all the ingredients individually at the start of the week and then assemble them for an easy weekday lunch or dinner.
- 10 – 12 cups of spring mix salad greens
- 2 Chicken Breasts (slice each in the middle to make 4 pieces; also makes it easier to cook)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 whole avocado
For Chicken dry rub:
- 1 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 1 heaping teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ tsp. of dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Apple Cider Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg; the mother)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons monkfruit (or any no-calorie sweetener; you can also use honey if you don’t care about keeping this keto)!
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more; always add salt according to your preference)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- STEP ONE: Prep the chicken. First, gather the ingredients for seasoning the chicken (aka, dry rub) and the avocado oil. Clean and slice the chicken breasts in half, making four pieces. Rub the chicken with oil first, and finally, generously apply the dry rub on all sides of the chicken. Allow to marinate or cook immediately.
- STEP TWO: Air Fry the Chicken Breast. First, set the air fryer to 350 for 12 minutes and preheat. Second, use a tong or your hand and gently place the chicken breast in the preheated air fryer. Flip after 5 minutes and continue cooking for another 5. Use the food thermometer to check if ready. Remove if ready or finish cooking for the next two minutes.
- STEP THREE: Prep the Eggs. I boiled the eggs in the air fryer for this spring mix salad because why not? Preheat the air fryer at 290 and cook it for 14 minutes. Quickly removed from the air fryer and place in ice-cold water. Air fryer-boiled eggs are super easy to peel. On the other hand, you can simply boil the eggs on the stovetop. Peel, the eggs and cut them however you wish.
- STEP FOUR: Make the Cider Vinaigrette. Simply add the vinaigrette ingredients into a mason jar and shake to combine. (List of ingredients is in the “ingredients” section).
- STEP FIVE: Assemble the spring mix salad when ready to eat. First, cut the salad greens or just leave it as it is! Then add sliced chicken breast, eggs, avocado and, sprinkle some vinaigrette and enjoy! WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE.⬇️
While listing the ingredients for the salad dressing in the video, I wrote “honey mustard”; it is supposed to be “dijon mustard.”
You can make this salad vegetarian by skipping the chicken, and use fish instead. Make it vegan by substituting chicken with tofu and getting rid of the egg.
The ingredients to season the chicken breasts are mainly pantry finds. Alternatively, you can use Cajun or Creole seasoning if that’s what you have. Or just season with salt and pepper if that’s your cup of tea.
My oil of choice for my air fryer is avocado oil and avocado oil spray. Sometimes I use olive oil.
It is absolutely okay not to preheat the air fryer; however, I usually preheat it.
Also, the cooking time for the chicken breast may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken. I highly recommend using the meat thermometer because you don’t want your chicken to dry out.
This is my air fryer; you already know that I love LOVE it!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Category: Salad
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spring Mix, Healthy Salad, Simple Salad Recipe, Mixed Greens Salad recipe, Air fryer recipes, Air fryer chicken breast, Air fryer boiled eggs, easy salad, Air fryer salad,