Healthy and delicious keto cobb salad is low-calorie (low-carb, obviously), gluten-free, very tasty, and full of flavors. This salad is made with fresh romaine lettuce, sautéed chicken breast, crispy bacon, hard-boiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and crumbled feta cheese. The best thing about this cobb salad is it can be prepped ahead, which means it comes together quickly whenever you want to eat it! This is the low-carb meal prep salad recipe you are looking for; easy, breezy, and tasty! Definitely a must-try!
3 Chicken Breasts (slice each one into two making 6 chicken breasts)
10 cups of lettuce (or about 2 heads of lettuce; you can equally mix lettuce with other greens)
1/3 of onions
5 hard boiled eggs
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
½ cup of feta cheese
Ingredients for seasoning the chicken
1 – 2 tablespoons of EVOO (for sautéing the chicken)
1 teaspoon of Mama Manje Haitian spice blend (from Spice Tribe)
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 – 1 Maggi cube
For the Dressing:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of light sour cream
1 lemon (squeezed)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
2 Teaspoons – 1 tablespoon of Monk fruit (optional)
- Make the chicken; mix the ingredients for seasoning the chicken, season every part of the chicken and allow marinating for 30 minutes; you can also sauté immediately if in a hurry. Sauté the chicken with the EVOO and set aside. If you have a leftover chicken (or meat), that might work as well.
- Boil the eggs, crack and remove the shells, and set aside.
- Cut and wash the lettuce leaves, then use a salad spinner to dry all the excess moisture. Make sure to dry moisture from your greens if you desire a perfect keto cobb salad. If you do not have a salad spinner, wash the lettuce leaves, dry thoroughly with paper towels, and then cut/chop into the desired size.
- Wash and cut/slice the remaining vegetables – reds onions, halve the cherry tomatoes or leave them as whole if too small, finally cut the avocados. Avocados can turn brown easily, so always cut when you are about to use them.
- Cut the bacon into bites and as well as the hard-boiled eggs into desired sizes.
- Plate/assemble the salad; start by layering the plate with greens (lettuce), then add every other ingredient – chicken, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, onions, avocado, and finally top with feta cheese.
How to Make the Salad Dressing:
Add all the salad dressing ingredients into a bowl, squeeze the juice of a whole lemon, mix, taste, adjust if necessary.
Monk fruit is optional; add it to taste. I typically add about 1 tablespoon.
Keep eyes on the chicken when sautéing them because they can easily burn as a result of paprika.
Monk fruit is optional though I highly recommend it. This is because it balances out the taste.
Make sure to dry all moisture from the greens. If you do not have salad spinner use an ink free dye-free paper towel to dry them.
Check out the “variations/substitutions” sections for ideas on how to get more creative with this salad.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Keto, Cobb Salad, Keto cobb salad, Salad recipe, Low carb salad, Low calorie salad, healthy salad, healthy keto recipe