A super simple raw beet salad with Feta is loaded with lettuce, cucumber, avocado, and salmon; serve with creamy yogurt dressing and top with your favorite things! I added pomegranate seeds, and it was perfect; the best part is that this recipe takes less than 15 minutes to put together. This heart-healthy raw beet salad is a dream!
- 1 big beet/beetroot
- 1/4 cup of feta chess
- 1 salmon (already panfried)
- 4 cups of lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (optional)
- For the salad dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of Plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of light sour cream
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 – 3 teaspoons of monk fruit (or add according to your taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Make the salmon; I typically panfry a batch of salmon using this method. To make the salmon: Pat dry the salmon with a paper towel, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and any other seasoning you desire, then pan-fry with a little EVOO. You can always use another choice of protein like chicken, beef, or tofu.
- Wash and cut all the vegetables as you desire (I prefer to spiral the cucumber because why not?) I like to use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut the beets.
- Assemble the salad in a big bowl; there is no right or wrong way of doing this.
- Finish with a good amount of feta cheese; garnish with pomegranate seeds. Add the dressing before eating.
- To make the salad dressing: Add all the dressing ingredients into a bowl, stir to combine. Taste and adjust flavors!
No problems if you are not keen about eating raw beetroots, boil, or roast as suggested in the post.
Please let me know if you ever try this salad.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lunch/dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Beet, beetroot, beets, beet recipe, beet salad, beet and feta cheese Salad, healthy salad recipe, vegetarian salad,