These healthy pumpkin seed bars made with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, dates, pink salt, and then topped with a chocolate swirl will make your day. These bars are gluten-free, grain-free, and sugar-free, as well as a no-bake! Make sure to make these pumpkin bars during thanksgiving and other occasions! Serve this pumpkin (seed) bars as healthy snacks, dessert; make a lot, and freeze the remaining.
½ cup of Pumpkin seeds/Pepitas (Raw and Shelled)
½ cup of sunflower seeds (Raw and shelled)
½ teaspoon of Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian Salt from Spice Tribe
½ cup White chocolate
½ cup of Semi-sweet chocolate (any brand works)
2 teaspoons of coconut oil (optional. For melting the chocolate; one teaspoon each)
- Soak the dates in hot water to soften; if possible, soak overnight. Pit, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- place parchment on a baking sheet; lay the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and coconut flakes on it. Toast for 7 – 9 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove and allow cooling.
- Place the dates in the food processor, blend until almost smooth, then add the toasted seeds, nut, and salt. Process until barely smooth; textures are great for this recipe.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of a 9×9 parchment-lined baking pan using a spatula or your hands (while wearing gloves).
- Melt the chocolate separately. If using the microwave, melt at 10 seconds intervals and not more than 30 seconds.
- Drop spoonfuls of melted semi-sweet chocolate over the bars, repeat for melted white chocolate; use a skewer or knife to cut through the melted chocolate, making a swirl. Allow to set; 5 minutes in the freezer or up to 15 minutes (or up to 1 hour) in the refrigerator. I am usually impatient, so I always go the freezer route but do not allow this to freeze.
- Gently pull with the parchment paper, place on a cutting board, and cut into bars; this made nine pumpkin seed bars. Sprinkle a little Sacred Valley Pink Peruvian salt, and enjoy!
Keep an eye on the seeds and nut when toasting them
Use seeds you know, and love – check the variations to see so many ways you can enjoy this pumpkin seed bar!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: International
Keywords: Pumpkin, Pumpkin bars, pumpkin seeds sugar-free snacks, grain free, gluten free pumpkin recipes