Super easy to make healthy taco wrap recipe using a “Garden Spinach Herb Wrap,” aka, the taco shell. Then filled up with well-seasoned and sautéed chicken breast, fresh spinach leaves, and spicy guacamole. Dry cranberries and green onions are optional, however necessary. This is the easiest healthy taco wrap recipe you will have to make, perfect for a quick lunch or busy weeknights. Taco recipe is adaptable, versatile, and easily customizable. Get creative with the filling and hope you enjoy!
- 1 Garden spinach wrap
- ½ of a chicken breast (seasoned & sauteed or baked)
- ¼ of avocado (mashed with salt, red crushed peppers, and a dash of lime juice to make guacamole)
- ½ cup of baby spinach or any other salad greens
- 1 tablespoon of dry cranberry
- 1 tablespoon of green onions
- Cut chicken into slices and set aside. (I assume your chicken is already fully cooked)
- Mash ¼ of a ripe avocado with salt, pepper, and a dash of lime juice (to prevent it from browning. Taste for flavors, adjust, and set aside.
- Warm up the taco shell/wrap according to package instructions from the manufacturer. (I usually warm it up on the stove to my preference. You can warm up in the microwave)
- To fill up this healthy taco wrap, lay the garden wrap (or any other taco wrap) on a flat surface or cutting board. Spread the guacamole; use a spoon and evenly spread the entire guac on the taco, leaving out only about ½ inch from the edge of the wrap.
- Add the spinach, use them to cover the avocado spread.
- Then layer the chicken side by side and in the middle.
- Top with dry cranberries and green onions. Finally, wrap this up.
- To wrap this healthy taco wrap, first, fold in the sides. Second, use the flap to roll over until the entire taco is secured. Alternatively, you can roll it by folding gently from one side to the other.
- When you are ready to eat, cut it in the middle to see your creation and enjoy!
I love the sweetness of the cranberry and how it brings everything together. Exclude it if you don’t like it.
This recipe serves only one person, double it to make more recipes!
Preparing this healthy taco wrap takes less than 10 minutes if the chicken is already ready.
If you are gluten-free or keto; there are tons of taco wraps out there that cater for your need. I saw these raw gluten-free, paleo, keto-friendly wraps on Amazon! Definitely worth checking out.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Cutting
- Cuisine: Mexican