Cheeseburger lettuce wraps are the perfect alternative to regular cheeseburgers that we all know and love. These lettuce wraps are the healthy (whole food) keto burgers you need – fresh, flavorful, tasty, and nutritious! Get all the tastiness of burgers without the hefty calories. On the positive side, you will not miss the absence of the typical bread bun burger. On the negative side, you are going to likely overindulge on these cheeseburger lettuce wraps!
This lighter version of the burger is such a great way to enjoy what you already love! If you are doing keto or low-carb, then you will absolutely love this lettuce cheeseburger recipe.
1 Big head of Romaine Lettuce
For the burger:
2.25 pounds of ground beef or 36 oz (I used 80 – 20)
1 teaspoon creole seasoning
½ teaspoon salt (or less)
¼ black pepper (or as desired)
For the sauce:
3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons of light sour cream
1 tablespoon of vinegar (or freshly squeezed lemon juice. But I used vinegar)
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 – 2 Teaspoons of monk fruit
- Wash all the vegetables (lettuce, onions, tomato), dry excess moisture with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Cut the purple onions and tomato in rounds. You don’t have to wash your lettuce if it says “triple washed.”
- Add the ground beef to a clean bowl. Add the “ingredients for the beef,” and combine. Do not over mix. Use a half-cup measure to scoop, then use your hand to form it into a patty. This recipe makes about 8 patties.
- Add one tablespoon of EVOO to a clean pan, heat up, and gently place the beef patties/burgers. Cook until done, set aside to assemble when ready. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- To make the sauce, add all the “sauce ingredients” into a small bowl, and mix well. Taste and adjust flavors.
- To assemble (and depending on the time you made the burgers), you may need to warm them up. Place a slice of cheese on each burger while still warm to melt.
- Place two lettuce leaves on a clean surface, add a thick slice of tomato, onion rounds, and a dollop of sauce.
- Add the burger (topped with cheese), and finally top with some slices of avocado! Repeat until you make all the cheeseburgers! This is literally the easiest yet yummiest cheeseburger lettuce wraps to put together! I can’t wait until you try it!
Make sure to wash the lettuce unless it comes triple washed!
If you wish to reduce the carb, then reduce the quantity of avocado
Do not over mix the ground beef.
Avoid over-cooking the burger patties, you want them moist and juicy. No one likes an over dried burger!
Season as you go. For instance, I seasoned the ground beef. Season the sauce. If necessary, sprinkle a little salt on the tomato and onion slices when you place them on the lettuce.
Feel free to chop up some cheese and place them in the middle of the burger for juicy cheeseburger lettuce wraps!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: lettuce wrap, low-carb burger, healthy burger, cheeseburger lettuce wrap, Bun-less burger, juicy burger,