Naturally sweet and nutritious homemade beet juice recipe is loaded with raw beetroot, apple, fresh ginger, and lemon. You can easily make this recipe using a blender or juicer. This homemade beetroot juice recipe is refreshingly delicious with a touch of sweetness from the earthy beetroot and apple. And a kick of zing from the ginger and lemon! Make this healthy juice today, and thank you later!
For the Blender:
1 Big Raw Beetroot (Beet)
1 Big thumb of ginger
½ of lemon
2 cups of water or 500ml
For the Juicer:
3 Big Beetroots (beet)
1 – 2 apples (add to suit you)
1 – 3 Big thumbs of ginger
1 cucumber (optional)
Instructions for the Blender:
- Wash and peel all the vegetables (I don’t usually peel the apple).
- Cut the vegetables and fruits accordingly
- Add all the vegetables to the blender, add water.
- Blend until smooth.
- Sieve with a mesh strainer. By all means, use a solid spoon to press out as much juice as possible.
- Enjoy any time of the day or chill a little before drinking.
Instructions for the Juicer:
- Wash all the ingredients, and peel; I don’t typically peel apple or cucumber.
- Cut the vegetables and fruits accordingly.
- Juice all the fruits and vegetables using the juicer, and juice according to the manufacturer’s manual.
- Chill for a cooler, refreshing juice if you desire. (See the video below for the hands on tutorial).
The recipe on the nutrition card is the version I made in the blender; typically, that’s the version I make all the time.
Also, beetroot can stain, if possible wear gloves!
You can always use lime if you don’t have a lemon.
If you do not want to sieve this recipe, make sure to blend it until very smooth with a high-powered blender, and then drink everything. Be sure to finish it that same day.
You can add more than one apple to suit you.
Feel free to sweeten this homemade beet juice with honey if you so desire.
My ingredients slightly change when I make this juice in the blender vs. when I make it in the juicer. I would generally double or even quadruple the ingredients to produce the same amount of liquid for the juicer. Also, I love adding cucumber if I have any on hand whenever I use the juicer.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Juicer
- Cuisine: Universal
Keywords: Beet, beets, Beetroot, Beet recipe, beet juice, beetroot juice, homemade beet juice, juicing in the blender, juicing, How to make beet juice, beet juice recipe, healthy juice