Perfect homemade sweet tea recipe made with black tea, and a hint of honey is refreshingly bold and crisp! Pour this sweet tea over ice for an unforgettable experience! Customize this tea recipe to suit your current need. It can be the perfect hot tea for the winter months and a phenomenal sweet iced tea for hot summer days! The best part is that this homemade sweet tea recipe is refreshing, energizing, and health-improving!
3 Lipton Tea Bags (I used black tea bags)
4 cups of water (plus more if you desire)
1/4 cup of honey
Ice ( as much as you desire)
- Boil four cups of water.
- Add three bags of Lipton black tea; steep for 10 – 15 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard them. I typically steep for 10 minutes on the exact. You definitely do not want a bitter tea by steeping them for longer.
- Stir in the honey while the tea is still warm, and mix well to combine. Then allow the tea to completely cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge before serving over ice. The trick to making sure that the honey mixes well with the tea is to add it while warm. If you let the tea cool before adding honey, it will be a disaster as it will congeal (solidify).
- If you intend to enjoy a warm/hot tea, then serve yourself some sweet-warm tea immediately after adding honey (do not wait for 2 hours).
- On the other hand, if you prefer unsweetened tea, aka black tea, do not add honey or any other sweetener; serve as it is while warm or serve it after it’s cooled over ice as unsweetened iced tea. On the positive side, this homemade sweet tea recipe can make sweet iced tea, black tea, or sweet hot tea. This is one tea recipe that fits all.
Use a non-calorie sweetener to keep this recipe Keto.
Add more water to this recipe to dilute the flavor to suit your preference.
Make this unsweetened iced tea by not adding any sweetener.
Always add the honey while the tea is warm/hot; The trick to making sure that the honey mixes well with the tea is to add it while warm. If you let the tea cool before adding honey, it will be a disaster as it will congeal (solidify).
- Prep Time: 2hours 15 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Tea, Sweet tea, Iced Tea, Summer drink, Southern Tea, Sweet Iced Tea, Black Tea