An easy recipe of air fryer turkey sausages, potatoes, and asparagus is tasty, nutritious, and filling. This recipe makes a perfect weeknight dinner, and honestly, quick dinners can never get easier than this! The best part is that this smoked turkey sausages, potatoes, asparagus, and peppers are easy to make!
- 2 Smoked Turkey Sausage Links (I used hardwood smoked sausage from Butterball)
- 4 medium – large potatoes (or as needed)
- 11 spears or stalks of asparagus (trimmed; or as needed)
- ½ of a big green bell pepper
- ½ bulb of purple onion
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (or as needed)
- 1 tablespoon of creole seasoning (or as needed) or any other seasoning.
- Basil leaves (a couple of leaves for garnishing (optional)
- Step one; cut the vegetables. Wash the vegetables and cut them as desired. Be sure to trim the asparagus to remove the fibrous part. Then, cut the asparagus into two or three. Cut the sausage links as desired. Look at the photo to see how I cut my potatoes, sausage, and asparagus.
- Step two; season the ingredients. I opted out for simple creole seasoning with this recipe. Remember, smoked turkey sausage comes ready and well-seasoned. Ensure to season potatoes and vegetables separately. First, sprinkle the potatoes with a little oil, and mix. Then sprinkle the potatoes with creole seasoning; mix well to combine. Finally, season the asparagus, pepper, and onions together with oil and creole seasoning; set them aside.
- Step three; air fry the potatoes. First, set the air fryer to 375 degrees, set the time to 22 minutes, and preheat. Then, add the seasoned potatoes to the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes or until they are almost tender.
- Step four; add asparagus, pepper and sausage. Gently remove the air fryer basket, and flip the potatoes. Then add the seasoned bell peppers, onions, and asparagus. Finally, add the sausages and spread them out evenly. Then air fryer for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Step five; flip halfway and finish. Ensure to flip/turn the air fryer basket halfway. Then taste the sausage and potatoes for flavors and adjust flavors if necessary! If you wish for the sausages and veggies to become tanner, then add additional 2 – 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
I used smoked turkey sausage from Butterball. (This post is not sponsored; I just like their brand; they have all kinds of turkey products.) Butterball is usually my go-to for everything turkey, and usually buy it from Walmart.
Season the potatoes and vegetables to your preference. Add other herbs and spices you prefer. However, I used Creole seasoning.
If using raw sausages, then start air frying the sausages alongside the potatoes—raw sausages need more time to cook. Check out my raw Italian sausage and vegetable recipe—another easy dinner fix.
This recipe is perfect for enjoying the same day. The potatoes may not be as crisp the next day.
This recipe served two adults and two children. Two adults can eat this as lunch or dinner!
This is my Air Fryer.
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sausage, Turkey Sausage, Smoked Turkey Sausage, Sausage and Veggies, Potatoes, Sausage and potatoes, Air fryer recipe, #Turkeysausage #Smokedsausage #Butterballsausage #smokedturkeysausage #airfryersausage #sausageandpotatoes