Make this easy, moist, healthy honey whole wheat banana bread with overripe bananas, whole wheat flour, honey, and other pantry ingredients. This healthy honey whole wheat banana bread recipe is packed with flavors, and it is moist, fluffy, tasty, and more nutritious than most banana bread recipes! This recipe has the perfect texture. This honey whole wheat Banana bread can serve as breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
- 1½ whole wheat flour
- ½ cup of almond flour
- 3 medium – large overripe bananas
- ½ cup (light) olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup of plant-based milk (I typically use soy or almond)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Step one: Preheat the oven to 325. Grease baking pan(s) and line with parchment paper.
- Step two: Add the dry ingredients together – (whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, salt) and combine.
- Step three: Add the three overripe bananas to a big bowl, use a potato masher to mash them, and set aside.
- Step four: Add the olive oil and honey into the bowl, use a whisk to combine, then add the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and mix yet again. Then, add the mashed bananas.
- Step five: Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients; use a spatula to combine gently. This doesn’t have to be smooth or completely without lumps. And do not over mix it. Pour this mixture into the greased and parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Step six: Place in the already preheated oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (insert a toothpick to check if it is ready)! I baked the big pan for approximately 58 minutes. Baking time can change because of the oven or the pan used.
- Step seven: After baking, allow cooling for up 10 – 15 before removing from the pan to place on the wire rack. Allow cooling further for 10 minutes or as needed before slicing. Enjoy a slice with hot cocoa, tea, coffee, or milk.
This bread is always gone within a day or two at my house because it is yummy, and everyone loves it. However, it can last up to 4 days on the tabletop. I suggest storing in the freezer if you wish to keep them for longer.
You can use any non-dairy milk of choice. Also, dairy milk would work just fine!
Make it nuttier by addition some walnuts or any other nut of choice.
Use toothpick to check if your banana bread is ready.
This honey whole wheat Banana bread can serve as breakfast, brunch, or dessert!
In the absence of a potato masher, use a fork to mash the bananas.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 58 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banana Bread, Healthy Banana Bread, Quick Bread, Healthy Banana Bread Recipe, Whole wheat Banana Bread recipe, Refined sugar-free desserts, Easy banana bread recipe, Banana Almond flour recipe, Banana Dessert