Easy cranberry orange bread with orange glaze is moist, tasty, flavorful, and sharp. It has the right amount of tart from the fresh cranberries, the sweetness of the orange juice, and flavors from the zest. Cranberry loaf bread is perfect for dessert, breakfast, or brunch! This easy cranberry bread is surely the way to go during the holidays!
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- Fresh zest of 1 large orange, or two medium size oranges
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup pure cane sugar (granulated sugar)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup milk, room temperature
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, (room temperature)
- Additional all-purpose flour for dusting the pan (about one teaspoon)
For the Orange Glaze:
- ¾ powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons – 1 tablespoon of orange zest.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash the fresh cranberries, pat dry. Zest a big orange or two small oranges. Spray or grease a 6-cup 8½ – 4½ bread pan, line with parchment paper. Finally, dust the bread pan with a bit of flour, shake it out, and set it aside.
- Add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt) into a bowl; mix. Stir in the orange zest, mix and add the (pat dried) fresh cranberries. Combine gently, ensure not to smash the cranberries.
- Add the wet ingredients (milk, orange juice, eggs, and melted butter; all room temperature) into a bowl. Use a fork to beat/mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry ingredients, use a spatula to mix well.
- Gently pour the mixture into the bread pan, level out with the spatula, and add more fresh cranberries on top.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 45 – 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (I baked mine precisely for 50 minutes).
- Allow cooling for at least 10 – 15 minutes before removing from the pan, glazing, or slicing.
- Make the orange glaze: add the powdered and fresh zest to a bowl. Then add the orange juice. Use a whisk to combine; Thin out to suit your desire by adding more orange juice.
- Gently drizzle the orange glaze then, cut/slice the bread. This makes about 8-10 slices depending on the size. WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO SEE HOW I MADE THIS CRANBERRY BREAD.⬇️
This cranberry bread is super moist, especially from the juicy fresh cranberries; I recommend making it with fresh cranberries.
Make sure to keep your eyes on the bread while in the oven, and do not overbake them.
I highly suggest lining the bread pan with parchment paper; it makes it easier to pull out the bread!
You don’t have to use all the glaze (I didn’t); use to your desire!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert/Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cranberry bread, orange bread, cranberry orange bread, Christmas dessert, cranberries, cranberry season, cranberry cake